The Yaya Sanogo lack of Progress Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
shu

Re: The Yaya Sanogo Progress Thread

Post by shu »

TeeCee wrote:he's much more mobile than Giroud and that's why some people think he has prospects......but the truth is, he couldn't hit a cows arse with an articulated lorry!! Both Giroud and SaNoGoal are mediocre footballers and should not be at Arsenal FC......unless our ambition is mediocrity.
It take the piss that we have to pay all of our earned cash to watch sanago / Giroud

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

It was Sanogo's close ball control that led up to the equalizer.

I like Sanogo.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:It was Sanogo's close ball control that led up to the equalizer.

I like Sanogo.
Your posts get funnier every time. The poster who demands us to spend money and buy quality likes the useless Ligue Deux striker that we didn't pay a penny for :lol:

jrthgooner

Post by jrthgooner »

Sanogo was nothing more than a joke yesterday (that is being kind) and how he played the entire game is beyond me.

I can only assume that he is the next Eboue, Gervinho or Diaby. A Wenger project to prove everyone wrong who thinks they are useless because we have never worked a day in football!!!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

jrthgooner wrote:Sanogo was nothing more than a joke yesterday (that is being kind) and how he played the entire game is beyond me.

I can only assume that he is the next Eboue, Gervinho or Diaby. A Wenger project to prove everyone wrong who thinks they are useless because we have never worked a day in football!!!
Exactly, if by some miracle he scored a goal yesterday then Wenker gets the credit of being all knowing genius.

If after 10 / 11 games he manages a goal it will be all smiles from Wenker saying " I told you he was talented " :roll:

Quite simply, not good enough for us, or most other premier league teams, yet he is our second choice striker (and now starting our most important matches !! Unbelievable Geoff !!

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

just remembering morata of Madrid. Same age as Sanogo, already a composed finisher.

Honestly not sure what Arsene sees in Sanogo. He can barely control a ball under pressure, is the worst finisher since...ok he can find his team mates sometimes when he finally controls that bastard of a football. But once again we have to a stupid project in the squad basically blocking the team from reaching it's potential. Three years of Sanogo for Arsene's ego.

no thanks! Ozil into Sanogo doesn't sound right, and that is what Carzola was talking about.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

He's shit. Fuck him off out of my club

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:It was Sanogo's close ball control that led up to the equalizer.

I like Sanogo.
There used to be some nutters on here who liked Santos Gervinho Chamakh Song Bendtner and Giroud they all come to their senses eventually you are just a bit slower than the rest of us :wink:

King Henry

Post by King Henry »

Sanogo put a good shift in yesterday but he is woeful. At no point did I ever think he would score and all aspects of his game were diabolical. There were a few times after Giroud came on where Sanogo seemed unaware of the offside rule and just casually strolled back, staying offside so that anytime Giroud tried to lay the ball off to him he was flagged. You can tell the players around him are thinking how on earth did we end up playing with this guy.

He could become a decent player in the future but it's evident he should be out on loan. I don't think he could even get into Sunderland or Cardiff's first teams so why he has been playing all our big games is inexplicable.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

As I said on the match thread he was awful. No first touch and he cannot win shit in the air. He has no brain and piss poor technique. Giroud is average at best and not good enough to be a first striker at The Arsenal but dear Christ he looks like Henry at his best when compared to Sanogo! :shock: :roll:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Rest of the world knows that we should have bought new striker at latest during January but no, Arsene has a kid who has never scored for us and probably never will. He has no use in Premiership, maybe in championship. You could pick some random guy from the street and say to him that let's play some football, it's all the same with Sa-no-goal.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

The thing is, this useless :censored: is going to start the cup final and will probably get 90+ mins , he will wake up on cup final day and will have to pinch himself to make sure it's not a dream, or in our case a fucking nightmare.
If we manage to win it, then surely there will never have been a worse player to win an FA cup winners medal. :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Would he get a start for any other PL team?

And this is the guy who is starting against Bayern in the CL and in an FA Cup semi.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

northbank123 wrote:Would he get a start for any other PL team?

And this is the guy who is starting against Bayern in the CL and in an FA Cup semi.
Probably Norwich, maybe Fulham.

That he is even in the frame for minutes with us is a poor joke.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

northbank123 wrote:Would he get a start for any other PL team?

Well yeah, maybe he would get a start for a much, much smaller team :D

No offense meant against him, the poor kid might not understand what is going on around him. He's just a small piece in the bigger puzzle of total failure in the club.