Naples CL away 11.12.2013 Travel etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
16-21 supp forum rep

Re: Naples CL away 11.12.2013 Travel etc

Post by 16-21 supp forum rep »

Club representatives flew out to Naples a couple of weeks ago to liaise with local authorities to set up a fanzone for Arsenal fans to congregate in a safe environment pre-match. Buses will be provided to transport fans from this zone to the stadium before the game.

_James_

Post by _James_ »

16-21 supp forum rep wrote:Club representatives flew out to Naples a couple of weeks ago to liaise with local authorities to set up a fanzone for Arsenal fans to congregate in a safe environment pre-match. Buses will be provided to transport fans from this zone to the stadium before the game.
That is useful to know, Arsenal ticket staff didn't know about buses when called earlier today. I have booked a room at the hotel right beside the ground but can cancel if they don't allow fans or Arsenal organise something safer.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

16-21 supp forum rep wrote:Club representatives flew out to Naples a couple of weeks ago to liaise with local authorities to set up a fanzone for Arsenal fans to congregate in a safe environment pre-match.
"Fish in a barrel" springs to mind :lol:

_James_

Post by _James_ »

Is there any update from UEFA, I cannot find anything about their decision and they don't say anything about an ongoing investigation on their website.

Edit: It seems it is open: -
Napoli face a €25,000 fine from UEFA, but their Champions League tie with Arsenal will be open to the public.

merseyside gooner 93

Post by merseyside gooner 93 »

Is there any further word on what Arsenal are actually supplying in regards to this 'concierge' service? If they won't pick up the 'phone, what's the chances of any service being supplied in Naples. Keen to go this game, but I'm travelling on my own from Northern Ireland. The thought of getting churned out on to the streets at 11pm and having to get 8km back into town with nothing better than an illegal taxi to hope for doesn't do much for me. Is there anybody out there who knows of or has organised anything?

Herd

Post by Herd »

I would avoid the coaches at all costs ,they will simply be an easy target for rocks,apparently the safe area for Arsenal fans to congregate has been decided , it's in Serrento !

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

has anybody heard anything from the club?
No idea what this 'concierge' service entails...

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Looks likely to be a crunch match, yet tickets still available even for red members from Arsenal website, says a lot about what the fans think about their safely I think. Dortmund away sold out super fast :roll: :roll:

Platini needs to get off his arse and get it sorted out, hes had years to do it after all :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

dead rubbers in Athens sell out quicker than this!
Haven't booked a hotel because STILL don't know where we will be bussed to...

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

highburyJD wrote:dead rubbers in Athens sell out quicker than this!
Second hand 'rubbers' sell out quicker than this boring fucking group stage :D

_James_

Post by _James_ »

SteveO 35 wrote:
highburyJD wrote:dead rubbers in Athens sell out quicker than this!
Second hand 'rubbers' sell out quicker than this boring fucking group stage :D
Plus Dortmund is one of the stadiums that is popular with British fans.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Bollocks to the buses. Make your own way and keep your head down and you will be fine. I am going to head to the game with a local mate and the snide Italians will go for the buses I am sure.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:I would avoid the coaches at all costs ,they will simply be an easy target for rocks,apparently the safe area for Arsenal fans to congregate has been decided , it's in Serrento !
Football fan busses in Italy are the footballing equivalent of Chinooks in Afghanistan. Fucking bullet magnets. :| :?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

At least you know that you'll be treated with the upmost respect by the local police. Favoured tactics include snapping the wooden flagpoles of 10 year old children upon entry to the ground, shoving you against walls as charmingly possible, and grabbing you by the throat as flares and coins sail towards you as the Ultras freely go about their business

Why anyone would want to subject themselves to being treated like dog shit is beyond me.......but good luck to all those travelling :D

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

SteveO 35 wrote:At least you know that you'll be treated with the upmost respect by the local police. Favoured tactics include snapping the wooden flagpoles of 10 year old children upon entry to the ground, :D
Aye, tis the classy ones who break 10 year olds flags in England http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/1 ... an_s_flag/

:wink: :wink:
:lol: