The Red / Silver Membership Dynamic

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
thatgooner

Post by thatgooner »

Yaaay, looks like cheap tickets for another 2 years 8) lol

kevstarkie

Post by kevstarkie »

Thats what im saying. Could I get a family member under 16 to join juniour gunners if say at age of 15. Then in 2-3 years time be a silver member that anyone could then use?

thatgooner

Post by thatgooner »

In theory you could, but in that time, youd have to pay 30-40 quid renewing it and you wouldnt be able to go to any games obviously if you were over 16.

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

A late comer to this thread.

However I was fortunate enough to have a brief conversation with Sir Chips Keswick a few months ago.

He was talking to me about 'grass roots' concerns - the phrase 'grass roots' said in the same tone as a Sun reader says the word asylum seeker, i.e. with a lack of empathy and an air that such considerations could be a drag to profit maximization.

He said that there were many concerns from chaps my age in obtaining tickets for games and asked me how often I manage to get to the Emirates Stadium, I told him that I watch most games illegally on ART Sports in pubs in Finsbury Park, to which he didn't look amused. He then said that Sentanta was the next big thing and moved on to talk to someone else.

And Pires my dear man - if you think your situation is bad - I'm a red member and have had ample opportunity to get tickets for the first time in years on a fairly regular basis. My opportunities to do so slightly restricted by rent, council tax, electricity and water bill, car tax, car insurance, food bills.

Sadly the biggest obstacle being having a benign positional vertigo - something brings on annoying bouts of dizziness and near fainting when exposed to noise and height. I came down with it at Wembley while watching England at Wembley, aint been to the grove since Newcastle in the League Cup - most of which I had to watch from the screens in the foyer looking like the biggest 'Johnny Come Lately' prat ever.

I'd have loved to have been at the West Ham game and would have snapped up the Spuds game on Weds night

What a Fucker that really is!!!

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Cus geezer, sorry to hear of your condition, can you not buy an upper tier ticket then swap with someone who has a lower tier seat? Obviously you would be paying upper tier money for lower tier view but at least you would not have to sit so high up. Sorry if this is a naive suggestion.

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

The loud noise of 60,000 people is as much a fucker as the height.

It is something that actually passes with medication so hopefully by the end of the season it won't be so bad.

I hope so for that reason and the wish to be able to drive again.

I filled my car with petrol on September 8th and it still hasn't run out.

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Cus Geezer wrote:The loud noise of 60,000 people is as much a fucker as the height.

It is something that actually passes with medication so hopefully by the end of the season it won't be so bad.

I hope so for that reason and the wish to be able to drive again.

I filled my car with petrol on September 8th and it still hasn't run out.
Good luck mate, I wish you well. 8)

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

It's the Arse's title challenge you wanna wish well.

Don't worry about me, I'll be watching every game thanks to ART Sports with or without Sir Chips's approval.

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

Im a red member, but at my age I need to buy tickets as close as possible to my cousin's seat otherwise i cannot go, which is very diffilcult as the majority of season ticket holders seat there and with only one months notice can be very frustrating. Im going to put myself on the silver membership waiting list at the end of the season so by the time it comes round i will then be older and can pick and choose where i sit without needing to be sat next to a guardian of some sought.

T.S

Post by T.S »

Ben, are you mad? Have you not been reading this thread? You're very close to missing a trick...

As you're still fifteen, I'm almost certain that you're still young enough to become a Junior Gunner. If you do that, once you turn seventeen, you'll be upgraded to silver automatically (much to the dismay of many people on the waiting list, I hasten to add!).

Post by 20.01.96 »

tonysaunders wrote:Ben, are you mad? Have you not been reading this thread? You're very close to missing a trick...

As you're still fifteen, I'm almost certain that you're still young enough to become a Junior Gunner. If you do that, once you turn seventeen, you'll be upgraded to silver automatically (much to the dismay of many people on the waiting list, I hasten to add!).
Wish I was still 15!! I think JG getting Silver membership automatically makes sense....its securing geniune fans for the long run!

I joined the red membership scheme ages ago, now 7000 off silver membership! The bloke in the box office reckoned we would have Silver by next season....although i think there is no chance!!