anyone coming to the World Cup?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
brazilianGOONER

anyone coming to the World Cup?

Post by brazilianGOONER »

so, is there anyone from the forum coming to the world cup here in brazil?

there might be some arsenal brazil related activities during the tournament, so let me know in case of a positive: specially in Rio, where turning in a wrong corner might mean you ending up with 8 machine guns pointed to your head :lol: :lol: :lol:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

A World Cup without Bendtner the greatest striker in the world is not worth watching.

brazilianGOONER

Re:

Red Gunner wrote:A World Cup without Bendtner the greatest striker in the world is not worth watching.
first world cup since '82 without a single scandinavian country. and here i was, hoping for crazy drunk sexy swedish girls in my city.

fuck blatter and his shit world cup :lol:

Henry Norris 1913

Re: Re:

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
Red Gunner wrote:A World Cup without Bendtner the greatest striker in the world is not worth watching.
first world cup since '82 without a single scandinavian country. and here i was, hoping for crazy drunk sexy swedish girls in my city.

you've got brazilian girls- stop complaining :banghead: :mrgreen:

brazilianGOONER

Re: Re:

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:

yeah, when they are actually girls, then yeah, you're right :lol: :wink:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:

True story...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7374317.stm

:oops: :lol:

Herd

Re: anyone coming to the World Cup?

Post by Herd »

Want to go but depends on where England are based ,If it's Rio then I'm in and will dump the wife N kid in Niteroi .
Even if its in Sao Paolo i could just use the shuttle from Rio .
Whats happened now to Videgal and Rochina and the rest of the favelas ,still to be pacified or is all calm ??

OneBardGooner

Re:

Post by OneBardGooner »

Red Gunner wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:

True story...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7374317.stm

:oops: :lol:
So how much wonga did BG and his co-cospirator's try and extort from him!?

:D :wink:

brazilianGOONER

Herd wrote:Want to go but depends on where England are based ,If it's Rio then I'm in and will dump the wife N kid in Niteroi .
Even if its in Sao Paolo i could just use the shuttle from Rio .
Whats happened now to Videgal and Rochina and the rest of the favelas ,still to be pacified or is all calm ??
nothing is calm mate, there are still protests everywhere in the country, and i'd expect them to intesify closer to the finals.

for those unaccustomed to traveling to more violent places, i'd recommend caution - most important i think is to be in contact with someone who knows the cities you'll be visiting well, to warn you of the dangerous places and other sites you should avoid.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

People said and thought the same about SA.
I'm going out there, not sure how when or why. Based in Buenos Aires about then so not too hard to sort.

brazilianGOONER

SWLGooner wrote:People said and thought the same about SA.
I'm going out there, not sure how when or why. Based in Buenos Aires about then so not too hard to sort.
that's close to my town (porto alegre), which will host some of the games. if you come around, give me a shout!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
that's close to my town (porto ewok), which will host some of the games. if you come around, give me a shout!
:rubchin:

:wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
that's close to my town (porto alegre), which will host some of the games. if you come around, that's close to my town (porto alegre), which will host some of the games. after you come around from the rohypnol don't worry about the sore sphincter !
:shock: :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Not fucking likely......to watch our 3rd rate national team playing dark ages football before getting an inevitable pasting at the hands of one of the top nations

Hopefully you'll get to witness the finest of English behaviour abroad such as running round fountains in city centres pretending to be aeroplanes whilst singing Dambusters and There Were Ten German Bombers. Yes, Chelsea and West Ham's finest will be coming to a city near you

Herd

Post by Herd »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
that's close to my town (porto alegre), which will host some of the games. if you come around, give me a shout!
Always wanted to go to Rio Grande do Sul, did some biz there with Copesul years ago but never made it down there .
Some of the finest looking woman Ive ever met (except mrs Herd) come from down that way !

The difference between Brasil and South Africa SWL is that in SA there were clearly defined areas of protection and the townships are way out of town !
In Brasil the rich and the poor live in a far far closer proximity and u can get jumped anywhere if u are not savvy !
I've seen a dead man with a bullet through his head on the Copacabana beach @ 6 am ,not a pretty sight I can assure you.
In Rio the atmosphere can change in a few short blocks .............................but I love the place . Gets into your skin and never goes away ,haven't been for 13 years but I miss it !