Everton at Home

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Everton at Home

Post by clockender1 »

this is a toughee - defensively we should be able to cope, we've been pretty good at home.

I think this should be a good open and quick game. I like Evertons approach and set up. they won't come and be cagey, they'll come to play. we should find the space if not the time to play our stuff - if our passing is on we'll get chances, get one early and open em up and we should be fine.

2-1 . Ramsey and Caz.

REB

Re: Everton at Home

Post by REB »

good team, good manager, tough game.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I'd play Bendtner again :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

This is a big test I reckon. Toffees will be up for it big time after beating The Filth. :? :|

Heart says 3-0 to us (Ozil, Ramsey, Giroud). Head says maybe a 2-1 to us or a 1-1.

Either way;

COME ON YOU FUCKING RIP ROARING GUNNERS!! :barscarf: 8)

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Really tough game, important to get 3pts on the board before we play City & Chelsea. I'm gonna go for a hard 2-1 win but a draw also seems likely to me.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

g88ner wrote:I'd play Bendtner again :D
:lol:

Bring in Diaby and I'm gonna start welling up..

:roll: :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Having got my 3 wins in a row prediction spot on......this is the start of the predicted 3 games without a win when we grind out a hard fought 1-1 draw

My confidence levels have gone up a little though as teams that beat United invariably suffer a come down in the next game

augie

Post by augie »

Am really looking forward to this game - they are flying as well and Martinez will come to us to have a real go and not just sit back 8) Naturally our confidence is high and it could well be a real open end to end game and this is the first game that I have really looked forward to this season

I said when the last transfer window closed, that everton had the best transfer window of all the clubs in the league and it def looks that way - to bring in lukaku, mc carthy, barry and kone and all for less money than they got for fellaini, was a massive result for them 8) I have also been a long time Martinez fan going back to his Swansea days when he laid the foundations that allowed the victims manager to take all the credit and got him his promotion :roll: I still believe that the victims will regret appointing Rodgers ahead of Martinez and look forward to the day when everton are re-instated as Merseyside's top club (which they traditionally were pre shankley)

For me this result will be decided by how wenger sets up his team - if he shunts ramsey and/or wilshere out to the wings to allow arteta and flamoney to start, then we could well lose the fluidity that we have had of late. Personally I don't see this as a game where arteta and flamoney should be required to start but I fear wenker will give them too much respect and start both "dm's". Of course it goes without saying that how we handle lukaku will also be instrumental on our hopes of 3pts - traditionally our inability to deal with old school physical centre forwards, has cost us so we will need both cb's to be on their game

3-1 to us I think :barscarf:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

this could be a very good game. lukaku will become francis jeffers when marked by the big fucking german :barscarf:

3-0 to the arsenal :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

It's a must win, Chavs have Stoke and then Palace, so we cannot afford losing points.
Put in the best XI we have.

I predict a nervous 2-1 win, they score late and we watch 15-20minutes of panick in front of our box.

Post by 1989 »

Everton will be confident after winning away from home last night, although only to a midtable side ( :wink: ).

I see a win here for us to maintain our lead at the top of the table. 1-0 Giroud.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Lukaku is too quick for the BFG and too strong for Kos. They look a much better team under Martinez than Moyes and I'd happily take a 2-1.

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

I think Everton's result last night may work in our favour; they will be on a massive high, and still trading off that when they arrive at our house.

We have a good record this season against teams coming off massive results : a decent draw at West Brom (just after they won at OT), Cardiff (draw at home to the Mancs), and Hull (beat the Scousers for the first time ever), so I am confident of a home win ; even it is a battle settled by a solitary goal.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Comfortable 3-1 win.

markyp

Post by markyp »

fingers crossed they've blown themselves out last night,2-1 hopefully,COYG!! :barscarf: