Sunlun Game

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
woolysafc

Sunlun Game

Post by woolysafc »

Hi lads,

It's that time of year again...

Are we on for another fans match this year? 22nd Feb. Loads of our lads are interested and we will have a full team plus subs.

After last year's easy and fully deserved win :wink: we're hoping you'll get another chance to finally beat us.

Matt

arseofacrow

Re: Sunlun Game

Post by arseofacrow »

Can we have some of your subs?

:barscarf: :D

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

LeftFootLegend to miss a plethora of chances again... aka Giroud/Bendtner like!!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

franksav63 wrote:LeftFootLegend to miss a plethora of chances again... aka Giroud/Bendtner like!!

Cheeky fucker, best player on the park by a mile :wink:

Anyhow if I remember rightly I hit one from the edge of the area that somehow the keeper tipped over (even ref said it was heading in the top corner and thought save was inbelievable) and wasn't that said keeper loaned to the makems by us :roll:

I did volley one over the bar and tried a cute back heel that tbf the keeper didn't even see it but just hit his foot and bounced out.

I ran my socks off for you lazy bastards and then had to go and play cricket for 6 hours in 30 degree heat scoring 60 odd runs and bowled 10 overs :roll: :lol:

Anyhow that's how I remember it :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
franksav63 wrote:LeftFootLegend to miss a plethora of chances again... aka Giroud/Bendtner like!!

Anyhow if I remember rightly I hit one from the edge of the area that somehow the keeper tipped over (even ref said it was heading in the top corner and thought save was inbelievable) and wasn't that said keeper loaned to the makems by us :roll:

I did volley one over the bar and tried a cute back heel that tbf the keeper didn't even see it but just hit his foot and bounced out.

I ran my socks off for you lazy bastards and then had to go and play cricket for 6 hours in 30 degree heat scoring 60 odd runs and bowled 10 overs :roll: :lol:

And finished the day being flown around Las Vegas in a Lear jet whilst snorting the best coke ever and with Beyonce and Megan Fox taking it in turns to blow you, huh? :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:

And finished the day being flown around Las Vegas in a Lear jet whilst snorting the best coke ever and with Beyonce and Megan Fox taking it in turns to blow you, huh? :lol:

I don't remember you being there mate :shock: :lol:

Tbf didn't want to mention that bit, I don't like to brag :wink: :lol:

woolysafc

Post by woolysafc »

Keeper was definitely a mackem and I'll take credit for that save thanks very much...

Ha'way then, reckon you can get a team together? Just to level things out I'll not be in goal this year.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Judging by the response to this thread we aren't able to get a team, I for one would be available and can provide one other.

augie

Post by augie »

Chunky is/was our commander in chief for these games so he will know better than anyone if we can get a team or not

LeftfootlegendGooner

augie wrote:Chunky is/was our commander in chief for these games so he will know better than anyone if we can get a team or not
Are you up for it mate?

Be great to see your one man fan club "Ted" cheering you on from the sidelines :barscarf: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

augie wrote:Chunky is/was our commander in chief for these games so he will know better than anyone if we can get a team or not
Are you up for it mate?

Be great to see your one man fan club "Ted" cheering you on from the sidelines :barscarf: :lol:

Not sure lefty tbh - on one hand I would be interested but on the other hand I am now 44 and feeling every minute of it :oops: I still play a bit of 5 a side so am not totally out of shape but those mackems are always young fit fcukers and I am not up to running around after them :lol: The last time I went over we really struggled to get a team (and were totally fcuked when frank and his suede tracksuit got inj after 5mins :lol: ) and very few were there from the previous year

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Oi Oi

I cant play this year a) because Im working and cant get the time off b) because Im really living up to my username
and c) er er Like Augie said a lot of us are in our 40's and the Sunderland lads were all youngsters . Sounds like last
year we came closest to getting your first victory over them. Hopefully a few of the younger lads can take it on and give the boys a good game. At the moment Ill be left with the memories or Our big striker flying in for the game pissed , Franks brown suede tracksuit , Augie missing a few chances and Gus wearing shorts up to his tits doing a Jan Molby in the centre circle.

Chunky

augie

Post by augie »

Chunky The Gooner wrote:Oi Oi

I cant play this year a) because Im working and cant get the time off b) because Im really living up to my username
and c) er er Like Augie said a lot of us are in our 40's and the Sunderland lads were all youngsters . Sounds like last
year we came closest to getting your first victory over them. Hopefully a few of the younger lads can take it on and give the boys a good game. At the moment Ill be left with the memories or Our big striker flying in for the game pissed , Franks brown suede tracksuit , Augie missing a few chances and Gus wearing shorts up to his tits doing a Jan Molby in the centre circle.

Chunky

I think that you will find that Gus's big old man boobs were sagging down to his Bermuda shorts :lol: :lol

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Chunky The Gooner wrote:Oi Oi

Chunky
That is quite simply the best most accurate match review I've ever read. :lol: You missed your calling, Chunks! 8)

Although you did forget to mention two vital things; I not only flew in pissed but also with a broken wrist in a cast. And Spuddy was running the line and gave everyfuckingthing to the Mackems! Judas Van Spudslop. :x

And if that fat bastard Mackem hadn't gotten his massive fat leg in the way of the one decent shot I got off we would have had the glory of losing by 5-2 rather than 5-1... :lol:

:barscarf:

:wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

As most of the old players are either past it or just plain shite (in some cases both :wink:) I hereby make a plea....

Younger users of the the website: Your forum needs you!! Volunteer and help us get enough players to put a team together for the annual humiliation that is the friendly match against the mackem fans. You can play your part. As well as a good work out and a few friendly drinks after the game, if successful, there is a chance you will go down in gooner folklore. :hail: :hail: :bowing21: :barscarf:

(I can see it now, SteveO posting: The online gooner team aren't coming!! :oops: :wink: ) :lol: :lol: :wink: