Kim Kallstrom - the saviour? Arsene knows

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
slag

Re: Club agrees loan move for Kim Kallstrom

Post by slag »

lets have some perspective here...KK played 30 times for Moscow which is a full season as they only have 16 teams in their league.

He has missed approx 19 league games since he joined but bear in mind he joined almost the day before the season started in summer 2012 so to get match fit may have taken 7/8 games plus a few suspensions etc not that bad compared to players like Wilshere, Diaby etc

He hasn't played since mid NOV but they also have had a winter break between 6 dec and 6 march....he's also played over 100 games for Sweden and is clearly no mug and that Swedish tabloid is full of BS it makes the sun look like the financial times.

I guarantee you he will be on the bench if not tomorrow then next week
Last edited by slag on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 1989 »

I'm fucking livid over this. That new contract they want to give him, needs setting fire to. Fuck off and never come back you utterly incompetent clown. Loaning in a 31 years old injured player, whatever the fuck next. Idiot.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

slag wrote:lets have some perspective here...KK played 30 times for Moscow which is a full season as they only have 16 teams in their league.

He has missed approx 19 league games since he joined but bear in mind he joined almost the day before the season started in summer 2012 so to get match fit may have taken 7/8 games plus a few suspensions etc not that bad compared to players like Wilshere, Diaby etc

He hasn't played since mid NOV but they also have had a winter break between 6 dec and 6 march....he's also played over 100 games for Sweden and is clearly no mug and that Swedish tabloid is full of BS it makes the sun look like the financial times.
Nice to read a sensible post.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

slag wrote:lets have some perspective here...KK played 30 times for Moscow which is a full season as they only have 16 teams in their league.

I guarantee you he will be on the bench if not tomorrow then next week
Let's have some real perspective. He hasn't played 90 minutes in over 3 months. He has only played in France and more recently Russia and is now 31 having peaked a few years ago. He'd struggle enough to get back to full match fitness and adjust to PL tempo if he wasn't carrying a back injury.

Completely worthless signing when it's supposedly to cover suspensions and injuries.

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

Ryanswannell wrote:When I'm at work later, I'm going to find a peice of 3 years out of date, broken stock in the warehouse. and put it on the shelf in full view of my manager. Hopefully he'll give me £3million at the end of the year. :barscarf:
If you ain't got 30 years experience your fucked mate :mrgreen:

topcat

Post by topcat »

Everyones saying he sh1t, but they probably havent seen him play, ever. Seems like an excuse to slate wenger to me...

If hes sh1t, fine. But surely he is worth a chance?

It makes me laugh, because he's 31 it means he cant be a good player apparently. Yes, he is 31, thats why we have signed him on loan for 6 months, not a 4 year contract!

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

topcat wrote:Everyones saying he sh1t, but they probably havent seen him play, ever. Seems like an excuse to slate wenger to me...

It makes me laugh, because he's 31 it means he cant be a good player apparently. Yes, he is 31, thats why we have signed him on loan for 6 months, not a 4 year contract!
Agree totally....

....except now he's injured. :shock:

reading gooner

Post by reading gooner »

New Arsenal signing Kim Kallstrom faces a spell on the sidelines with a back injury discovered in the medical before he signed on loan from Spartak Moscow.
Midfielder Kallstrom, 31, is set to miss at least six games.
The Swede was hurt on Tuesday while playing football on a beach during Spartak's pre-season tour in Abu Dhabi.
He told Arsenal of his discomfort on arrival at the club on Friday but despite an MRI scan showing no damage, a CT scan found an issue with his back.
The Arsenal medical team provided manager Arsene Wenger with the prognosis, but it was decided Kallstrom would still join and undergo his rehabilitation with the Gunners.
He is expected to miss at least Arsenal's next six matches, in which they face Crystal Palace, Liverpool twice, Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Sunderland

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

topcat wrote:Everyones saying he sh1t, but they probably havent seen him play, ever. Seems like an excuse to slate wenger to me...

Nobody has seen me play, surely I deserve a chance too then?

The whole point of his signing is to cover injuries. But he's over the hill, last played in a dross league and hasn't completed to 90 minutes to add to an existing back problem he has that means by the time he is fit enough to start making any real contributions our plethora of midfielders will be back to full fitness.

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

They slate wenger and the board for these simple reasons...
. Wenger and board rebranded arsenal to be a bigger club with top top players
. The board sold us out to be a major dominant force
. Reasons to leave highbury were to progress us to the next level

I would go on but the above is more than enough

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

I wonder if Kallstrom had come with a £10m price tag his signing would've been celebrated? I'm open minded to him as I thought resigning Flamini was dubious but has turned out to be a revelation.

I agree a striker was more obviously needed, but this is typical Wenger, last Jan we were crying out for a striker and he signed Monreal!
Last edited by hugh jardon on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herd

Post by Herd »

So we sign a player on loan with a back injury that hadnt played for 3 months and wont play a game until the seasons almost over if of course u think Arsenals medical staff are capable of getting anyone fit.
ROLL OVER DIABY you got company

_James_

Post by _James_ »

hugh jardon wrote:I wonder if Kallstrom had come with a £10m price tag his signing would've been celebrated? I'm open minded to him as I thought resigning Flamini was dubious but has turned out to be a revelation.

I agree a striker was more obviously needed, but this is typical Wenger, last Jan we were crying out for a striker and he signed Monreal!
We did also need a left back last January as Gibbs was out and that only left Andre Santos (who left the club less than 2 weeks later).

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

afcforever wrote:

Nice to read a sensible post.
You mean nice to read a post that fits your agenda. We just signed a player yesterday who wont play for five or six weeks because he is injured, how can that be defended in any way?

Step

Post by Step »

Complete Joke.

We will be fourth at best by the end of Feb

Wenger please vacate your seat now.