FA CUP THREAD Liverpool

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
remigardeshair

Re: FA CUP THREAD Liverpool

Post by remigardeshair »

Gunner Rob wrote:it is a shame that so many of our supporters have been brainwashed into thinking that top 4 is a trophy.
maybe they should ask what the point of finishing in the top 4 actually is? because I am failing to see any benefit whatsoever
£££££££££££££££

Loan deals for crocked past it Swedes don't pay for themselves you know!

wibble

Post by wibble »

remigardeshair wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:it is a shame that so many of our supporters have been brainwashed into thinking that top 4 is a trophy.
maybe they should ask what the point of finishing in the top 4 actually is? because I am failing to see any benefit whatsoever
£££££££££££££££

Ah, but if you sign them when they are crocked, then you can get the parent club to pay his wages for a few weeks, so they actually do pay for themselves!!

Ker-ching

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Thinking about this game and knowing full well we will play and understrength side my view is play the youngsters that are hungry for game time, not the likes of Bentdner, I think they will give pool a good game, chuck in flamini to give them some steel and organisation and I think we will be pleasantly surprised.

Ox and gnabry need game time and chuck in this zalalem lad, let the confidence of youth o out and have a go, better that than this first team of bottlers who are now scared to totally commit forward :roll:

wibble

Post by wibble »

Yeah I'd normally be annoyed at resting players for FA cup but the last couple of performances from Jack, Arteta, Ozil and Giroud means I'd quite happily see them dropped.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

goonersid wrote:Bookies actually have the mousers as slight favourites for this game, that's shocking and a damning indictemnt of Wenger.
So they should be.

Gunner Rob wrote:
it is a shame that so many of our supporters have been brainwashed into thinking that top 4 is a trophy.
Money.The FA cup earns you £1m the Champions league £40m.Kerching.Without the CL money we wouldnt we be able to sign a world class striker like we did last sumner.And we wouldnt be able to keep all our best players

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

donaldo wrote:
goonersid wrote:Bookies actually have the mousers as slight favourites for this game, that's shocking and a damning indictemnt of Wenger.
So they should be.

Gunner Rob wrote:
it is a shame that so many of our supporters have been brainwashed into thinking that top 4 is a trophy.
Money.The FA cup earns you £1m the Champions league £40m.Kerching.Without the CL money we wouldnt we be able to sign a world class striker like we did last sumner.And we wouldnt be able to keep all our best players
...or paying Mr. AW assholes wages... :banghead: :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

remigardeshair wrote:
£££££££££££££££

Liverpool are at it now, can't remember what player it was exactly, but saw an interview yesterday where when asked about Liverpool's title chances he said the priority was to finish top 4 :roll:

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

Cazorla likely to miss the game with illness.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So are all the Goooners due to drowsiness from the utter boredom achieved by our glorious leaders mis- management of the team (over the last 2 games especially).

:?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Friggin' Unbelievable - but Sadly Totally believeable...cheers wenker you fool.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Looking forward to Piebury corner and the beer(s)

Hope it doesn't rain.

That's me out of positivity 8)

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

donaldo wrote:
So they should be.

Gunner Rob wrote:
This exactly.

Why do people act surprised? This has gone on for the past 5-8 years and will continue for as long as a profit is made. Arsenal is not a club any more, it's a company. It's a self-sustaining money-making machine with the sole purpose of making as much cash as possible for Wenger and the board by rinsing the fans dry :barscarf:

5 Years ago I told them to shove their £1.5K season ticket up their arse :box:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BournemouthRED wrote:Looking forward to Piebury corner and the beer(s)

Hope it doesn't rain.

eating the "Tony Adams" and a pint in the George is my new pre match ritual :barscarf:

Step

Post by Step »

Unfortunately if we play what is theoretically a strong team we will get the same sort of hiding we took at Anfield.
Pedestrianised tippy tappy against the bigger teams just does not work.

I've gone 0-3 or 1-4 Liverpool.

The stupid thing is he is only likely to rest some of the under achievers (Ozil, Wilshire, Giroud) in the vain hope that we can beat Bayern.

Why doesn't he play the big guns in the Premier and FA Cup and whatever is available in the Champions league?

The Guy is clueless. Bayern will hammer us whatever the team is . We all know that.

Don't even think we will get the 4th place trophy. We look completely out of sorts and there is once again no passion or pace.

Out of all three by the end of Feb.

Cheers and thank you.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Gunner Rob wrote:
BournemouthRED wrote:Looking forward to Piebury corner and the beer(s)

Hope it doesn't rain.

eating the "Tony Adams" and a pint in the George is my new pre match ritual :barscarf:
Is the 'tony Adams' 12 pints and driving home?