Toffees (A) - Top 4 Trophy, Six Pointer Match Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
madjens

Re: Toffees (A) - Top 4 Trophy, Six Pointer Match Thread

Post by madjens »

Redknapp says Everton looked like Arsenal of a years ago

Well swap few years for decade and he's about right.

Step

Post by Step »

The team selection as usual was to shut out rather than create. I knew (like thousands of others) that we would not score before half time.

I would strongly suggest that 7 / 1 for Wigan to win is worth at least £10 of anyone's money.

The ideal scenario is us to win the FA cup, Everton to come 4th and Wenger to go.

Unfortunately I think the only one that will occur is Everton to come 4th and quite frankly good luck to them. They play the right way and with a Manager with a positive attitude.

As usual Wenger was the cause of this debacle . Mourinho/ Martinez would have subbed at 2 nil (if he had started with this line up, which he would't of) , it was so pedestrian.

Do us all a favour oh senile one and just go. You didn't even look remotely upset at the end.

Oh and nice to see Bouldy,s lack of input again.

THE MAN IS FOOL.

k1tsun3

Post by k1tsun3 »

Pathetic. I've never been in the Wenger out crowd, but I'm sure being pushed in the direction with each passing match. So much being said about be careful what you wish for, but as long as he isn't appointing the next manager and the club do a thorough search, I'm good. There are quite a few good replacements out there; however, as many have recently signed new contracts or moved clubs, if we can get the FA cup and 4th, I could deal with a short extension. That said, I wouldn't be disappointed to see him walk away- that's the only way he'll leave. The board are too comfy with him running the show.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

The only way to force him out is for season ticket holders to not renew but this won't happen and I do understand that if you have waited years to get your season ticket then you would be loathe to let it go but that is the only way.

Like we all know the board won't sack him and kroenke doesn't care about trophies so the season tickets not being taken up would force change.

Step

Post by Step »

Got rid of mine last year. Best decision I have ever made.

Would only consider renewing if the FOOL goes.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:The only way to force him out is for season ticket holders to not renew but this won't happen and I do understand that if you have waited years to get your season ticket then you would be loathe to let it go but that is the only way.

Like we all know the board won't sack him and kroenke doesn't care about trophies so the season tickets not being taken up would force change.

If I knew it would mean him gone - I wouldn't renew (but then I'd obviously want one for the new era). But we all know its up to him when he is going to go.

The "7 cup credits" next year will be a right pain in my arsehole :cussing:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Has he come out to face the media yet? :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Step wrote:Got rid of mine last year. Best decision I have ever made.

Would only consider renewing if the FOOL goes.
Needs more like you.

Has he given an interview?

I turned over to 20/20 final with a minute to go.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I've never wanted us to lose a match, but if losing to Wigan and finishing fifth saw Aw piss off I'd willingly accept it.

The not so secret secret to beating Arsenal:
1) Press hard
2) Attack with pace down the flanks
3) Take the 3 points.

We have seen the same shit week in week out but le Tosspot doesn't change anything. Cazorla, slow, weak, lazy a complete liability. Pod, out wide, totally ineffective. If you're not going to play him further infield, don't play him.

Everton's fullbacks have pace, can dribble and can cross. Not only can't ours, but we haven't even got wingers who can.

Slow, weak, mindless shit.

augie

Post by augie »

Had to sky + the match so am only catching up with you lads now - if I had known how the game was going to pan out I wouldn't have bothered :roll:

As far as I am concerned, rosicky and cazorla can fcuk right off cos they are the flag bearers of everything that is wrong with modern day AFC - they tip and tap and go sidewards and backwards but create fcuk all except improving their passing stats :roll:

Again it doesn't take a genius to point the finger at the tactical set up of our team as one of the biggest factors in this display :x No width, no pace, no power, isolated full backs and a lone striker who is actually getting shittier with each passing day :oops: This formation has been exposed time and time again and yet the French p*ick does nothing to change it because he of course is all knowing :evil: :cussing:

We were beaten all over the park today but tbh I don't really care :oops: We will still get 4th because they have a tough run in, but I don't care one way or another. I will say though, that the ref needed a slap in the last few minutes - he booked arteta but let that fat scouse b*stard away with pushing arteta over well after the ball was gone :evil: :evil:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

10 games played v the top 6 in the premiership ONE WIN. 7 points out of 30.

We need a massive clearout starting with the manager

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

falkirk goon wrote:Im going down to this so hopefully it wont be the tepid shite of recent weeks/months.I wont hold my breath though :roll:

Thank fuck I didnt hold my breath then :roll: knew the minute I heard the team we would get bumholed.2 down at ht and I said to the guy sat next to us we would be 3 down and the game would be fucked before le bumhole made a sub..the mans a fucking dinosaur.

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

Giroud was rubbish again...the whole team performance was utter rubbish too...we should have had the ox on earlier...

Gutted. . :(

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

That was painful watching that shit :banghead:

Grant jones

Post by Grant jones »

Think it may be " over"!