The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Re: Groundhog transfer deadline day thread

Post by 1989 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
1989 wrote:I'd take Vela back in a heartbeat. What a player he's turned into. 19 goals and 14 assists this season in an average side. At that price, it's an absolute no-brainer. Good forsight from whoever inserted that buy back clause.
:D :D :D

I don't get it?

Post by 1989 »

northbank123 wrote:Vela? :shock: I seem to remember fans actually having quite a lot of patience with him because there was a bit of a buzz about him and he was lively. But beyond the odd Carling Cup goal in a drubbing, he just did nothing. Ran around a lot but never seemed to make anything happen.

The football equivalent of trying to fuck with a flaccid cock. I get enough of that at home thanks :roll: :lol:
The Vela at Sociedad is quite a bit different from the one we had. He's more mature and robust now, and takes responsibility on the pitch. He's Sociedad's main man. We should raid them for him and Griezmann in the summer and our attack will be sorted.

markyp

Post by markyp »

I maintain that players need a good run in any team to prove themselves,its no good giving a player 3 starts and wondering why they didn't hit the heights,vela is prime example you only have to look at giroud to see that an unbroken run in the team with zero pressure gives you results,id like to see vela back at Arsenal especially at that price tag,seems a no brainer to me

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

1989 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
1989 wrote:I'd take Vela back in a heartbeat. What a player he's turned into. 19 goals and 14 assists this season in an average side. At that price, it's an absolute no-brainer. Good forsight from whoever inserted that buy back clause.

I don't get it?
I think SteveO is rather mischievously suggesting your opinions swing from one extreme to another. Kind of like Mr Morgan.

It is a grievous insult. :lol: :wink:

officepest

Post by officepest »

1989 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Vela? :shock: I seem to remember fans actually having quite a lot of patience with him because there was a bit of a buzz about him and he was lively. But beyond the odd Carling Cup goal in a drubbing, he just did nothing. Ran around a lot but never seemed to make anything happen.

The football equivalent of trying to fuck with a flaccid cock. I get enough of that at home thanks :roll: :lol:
The Vela at Sociedad is quite a bit different from the one we had. He's more mature and robust now, and takes responsibility on the pitch. He's Sociedad's main man. We should raid them for him and Griezmann in the summer and our attack will be sorted.
If we can buy back Chippy Charles for peanuts then why not? If he stinks the place out we can sell him for yet more money, which is sure to keep the bean counters happy.

officepest

Post by officepest »

Wenger says Poldi & Vermaelen are not for sale:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -vermaelen

Which is doublespeak for "we cannot get them out of the door fast enough."

Post by 1989 »

officepest wrote:
1989 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

I don't get it?
I think SteveO is rather mischievously suggesting your opinions swing from one extreme to another. Kind of like Mr Morgan.

It is a grievous insult. :lol: :wink:
Opinions can change there's nothing wrong with that. On Vela I thought he was ill-suited to Prem football but his spell at Sociedad changed my view on him. He plays like a left footed Aguero. Very robust and difficult to knock off the ball, pacy, skillful and great finisher.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

He was a gloved, roll necked wearing fairy who (as said here already) gave us the pleasure of his fancy flicks and tricks when we were stuffing the likes of Sheffield United in the League Cup

Every time he has given a chance in the Prem or FA Cup, he was a witless, gutless wanker, who made Hleb look like a physical brute. Good riddance - I celebrated when he left and I hope I never see him grace the red and white again. Only Billy Bender and Flappy left from that shower of shite 'next generation' of supposed wonderkids we had

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

markyp wrote:I maintain that players need a good run in any team to prove themselves,its no good giving a player 3 starts and wondering why they didn't hit the heights,vela is prime example you only have to look at giroud to see that an unbroken run in the team with zero pressure gives you results,id like to see vela back at Arsenal especially at that price tag,seems a no brainer to me

Yup! you're right, mind you try telling that to Arshavin and DB10 ! - Both Ewoks. :mrgreen:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

NEWS: Arsenal are preparing £31m Diego Costa transfer and will battle with Chelsea for his signature (Mirror)
11:09pm - 3 May 14

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

No this is more like it....

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/02/arsenal-s ... i-4716905/

"Arsenal are tracking Polish teenager Dawid Kownacki as boss Arsene Wenger looks to bolster his squad ahead of next season, according to reports.

Kownacki, currently on the books of Lech Poznan, has been watched several times by Arsenal scouts since making his first team debut in December and is also believed to have caught the eye of Serie A giants Roma.

The 17-year-old forward has scored twice for LechPoznan in eight appearances, while also netting three times for Poland’s U17 side in March during the Uefa Championships.

Kownacki is under contract with his club until 2015, but could be prized away for around £275,000 in the summer."

Okay so he's not a part-time Postman, but he does have a paper round! :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... nd-3491823

Arsenal will be a shock option for Rio Ferdinand if he is not offered a new contract at Old Trafford.

Arsene Wenger is an admirer of Ferdinand, and Sunday Mirror Sport understands that he is considering a move if the 35-year-old becomes a free agent.

Ferdinand was weighing up retirement earlier this season, but now feels he still has plenty to offer.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Wellllllllll it's only fair isn't it - we sell them our best player and we get their cast offs. :roll: :banghead: :cussing: :cussing:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rture.html

Atletico Madrid have added Olivier Giroud to their ever-growing list of striker targets.

Straight swap would suit us fine! :barscarf: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ummer.html

Arsenal are considering a summer move for Southampton defender Calum Chambers to replace Bacary Sagna.
Chambers, who is still only 19, has made 21 Premier League appearances for Mauricio Pochettino's side this season after graduating through the club's academy.
He has impressed the Gunners' domestic scouting team on a number of occasions and is seen as a long-term successor to current first choice right-back Sagna