The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Re: Groundhog transfer deadline day thread

Post by 1989 »

I'd take Vela back in a heartbeat. What a player he's turned into. 19 goals and 14 assists this season in an average side. At that price, it's an absolute no-brainer. Good forsight from whoever inserted that buy back clause.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

1989 wrote:I'd take Vela back in a heartbeat. What a player he's turned into. 19 goals and 14 assists this season in an average side. At that price, it's an absolute no-brainer. Good forsight from whoever inserted that buy back clause.
Agreed he is a good player , very skilful. However he is so lightweight. Just the type of player we do not need! We need a powerhouse forward.

TurnipMasher

Post by TurnipMasher »

Arsenal ‘scout Lech Poznan’s Polish teenager Dawid Kownacki’

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/02/arsenal-s ... i-4716905/

Someone who looks about 12 for £275000. This summer he's going to spend BIG!

TurnipMasher

Post by TurnipMasher »

scotgooner wrote:
1989 wrote:I'd take Vela back in a heartbeat. What a player he's turned into. 19 goals and 14 assists this season in an average side. At that price, it's an absolute no-brainer. Good forsight from whoever inserted that buy back clause.
Agreed he is a good player , very skilful. However he is so lightweight. Just the type of player we do not need! We need a powerhouse forward.
I agree we need a powerful 25+ goal a season forward, but for 3-4 million Euro's we'd be mad not take him back. Got to be a better option than Sanogo and the fat fuck formerly known as the 'worlds greatest striker'.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

:D :D :D

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

TurnipMasher wrote:
scotgooner wrote:
I agree we need a powerful 25+ goal a season forward, but for 3-4 million Euro's we'd be mad not take him back. Got to be a better option than Sanogo and the fat fuck formerly known as the 'worlds greatest striker'.
My nan would be a better option than they two :lol:

So yeah I guess you are right!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Vela? :shock: I seem to remember fans actually having quite a lot of patience with him because there was a bit of a buzz about him and he was lively. But beyond the odd Carling Cup goal in a drubbing, he just did nothing. Ran around a lot but never seemed to make anything happen.

The football equivalent of trying to fuck with a flaccid cock. I get enough of that at home thanks :roll: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arsenal have been watching Lech Poznan's 17-year-old Polish striker Dawid Kownacki. The youngster could be available for £250,000 in the summer.

Full story: Metro

ONE ARSENE WENGER......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

northbank123 wrote:Vela? :shock: I seem to remember fans actually having quite a lot of patience with him because there was a bit of a buzz about him and he was lively. But beyond the odd Carling Cup goal in a drubbing, he just did nothing. Ran around a lot but never seemed to make anything happen.

The football equivalent of trying to fuck with a flaccid cock. I get enough of that at home thanks :roll: :lol:

Does it hurt though :rubchin: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

F F S! Here we go :roll: :cry: :banghead: :suicide:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9294041?

"Arsene Wenger has started looking for potential new signings but does not expect a huge number of arrivals this summer.

The Arsenal manager is ready to add to his squad, even if the priority is to stick with a core of players which led the Premier League at the turn of the year.

But it could be a long wait for supporters, according to Wenger, who said: "At the moment I have people around me who start to look.

"It will be busy, but the main thing for us will be to keep the stability because we feel we are close.

"We want to add something that makes us even stronger, but number-wise it will not be massive.

"From my experience the World Cup years have always been very quiet until the end of the World Cup, with no players reachable.

"Everybody is focused in the country on their national team and there is not a lot happening, people are away so I believe this year again you will have to wait until July 15 to start going."

Bacary Sagna is out of contract this summer along with goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski and striker Nicklas Bendtner, but Wenger has not yet sanctioned any further departures.

That applies to Lukas Podolski, who is reportedly frustrated at his lack of opportunities to play as a centre-forward.

Wenger said: "Podolski is the one you want to have the ball because he is very accurate, very quick, has a short backlift and is a quick, fantastic finisher.

"That is why everyone says, 'Yes, he is a striker', but when he plays completely up front you don't feel he enjoys it. He likes to come to the ball and always come deep.

"He does not agree and certainly thinks he is a striker, but he is a striker with somebody else who is a striker as well and has different qualities than he has."

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

OneBardGooner wrote:F F S! Here we go :roll: :cry: :banghead: :suicide:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9294041?

"Arsene Wenger has started looking for potential new signings but does not expect a huge number of arrivals this summer.

The Arsenal manager is ready to add to his squad, even if the priority is to stick with a core of players which led the Premier League at the turn of the year.

But it could be a long wait for supporters, according to Wenger, who said: "At the moment I have people around me who start to look.

"It will be busy, but the main thing for us will be to keep the stability because we feel we are close.

"We want to add something that makes us even stronger, but number-wise it will not be massive.

"From my experience the World Cup years have always been very quiet until the end of the World Cup, with no players reachable.

"Everybody is focused in the country on their national team and there is not a lot happening, people are away so I believe this year again you will have to wait until July 15 to start going."

Bacary Sagna is out of contract this summer along with goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski and striker Nicklas Bendtner, but Wenger has not yet sanctioned any further departures.

That applies to Lukas Podolski, who is reportedly frustrated at his lack of opportunities to play as a centre-forward.

Wenger said: "Podolski is the one you want to have the ball because he is very accurate, very quick, has a short backlift and is a quick, fantastic finisher.

"That is why everyone says, 'Yes, he is a striker', but when he plays completely up front you don't feel he enjoys it. He likes to come to the ball and always come deep.

"He does not agree and certainly thinks he is a striker, but he is a striker with somebody else who is a striker as well and has different qualities than he has."
But did any of us really expect anything different?
I only want one signing this summer and that's a new fucking manager please, and before anyone mentions him getting us to the FA cup final... Yes I know and wouldn't it be a great way for him to finish.
:barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

So we pay the buy back clause and immediately sell him on for several millions more - happy days

Do we need him in our carling cup team next season ? If not, no thanks.

If Wenker says that Podolski is the one you want to get the chances and is a clinical finisher, why the fuck didn't he give him game time in the dour, drab 0-0 bore fest v Chelsea when we were crying out for a goal to even have a semblance of a chance in the title race ?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

:oops:
:banghead:

Double, Double, Double

Sol Campbell has done the double
and the scum from the lane have won fuck all again
but Sol Campbell has done the double
Last edited by StuartL on Sat May 03, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Are Auxerre releasing anyone in the Summer ?

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Goose

Post by Goose »

augie wrote:If we ever, ever signing that pikey chav c*nt I would be finished with this club forever :evil: There has been a lot of players that I have hated with a vengeance over the years (step forward shearingham and c*ntbag Irish traitor keane :evil: ) but terry has brought my level of hatred to a whole new level

Get off the fence Augie - would you want us to get JT or not :wink: