The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Re: Groundhog transfer deadline day thread

Post by 1989 »

Bet you never seen him play for Sociedad

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

1989 wrote:Bet you never seen him play for Sociedad
No because La Liga bores the living shit out of me.....so his La Liga form is of more relevance now than all the games he played for our club then?

As someone else has already said, he will never have the lone striker role and nor will he will be able to play left midfielder covering Monreal or Gibbs.......and There's Only One plays one system every game.....so the point of signing him is what exactly?

Post by 1989 »

Yeah because he's matured now whereas when he was with us he was just a kid who couldn't get to grips with Prem footie.

In our fluid system I reckon he can play upfront on his own. He's not going to push CB's around like Giroud but he's got the technical ability and movement to make it work a la Suarez. Also he's played mainly as a RW and occasionally as a LW for Sociedad so he's versatile. We can stick Feo on the left and Vela on the right and that would work just fine too.

Just because he didn't cut it first time doesn't mean he never will. Chavs let Matic go for a pittance when he was younger and brought him back for a king's ransom after he aced it in the Portuguese league and corrected their mistake. Vela is smashing it in the best league in the world and luckily we have a cheap buy back clause inserted in the deal.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

1989 wrote:Yeah because he's matured now whereas when he was with us he was just a kid who couldn't get to grips with Prem footie.

In our fluid system I reckon he can play upfront on his own. He's not going to push CB's around like Giroud but he's got the technical ability and movement to make it work a la Suarez. Also he's played mainly as a RW and occasionally as a LW for Sociedad so he's versatile. We can stick Feo on the left and Vela on the right and that would work just fine too.

Just because he didn't cut it first time doesn't mean he never will. Chavs let Matic go for a pittance when he was younger and brought him back for a king's ransom after he aced it in the Portuguese league and corrected their mistake. Vela is smashing it in the best league in the world.
Well I hope you're right because watching Le Lampost up front on his own with the Parcelforce Kid and Billy Bigbollox as his only competition is doing my fucking nut in

Is Park coming back?

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

In our fluid system
Nothing fluid about our system......we're more like a dripping tap.......drip drip drip drip drip.....as the ball goes across the back....across the middle.....and back again..... :roll:

Post by 1989 »

:D

The reason why our football is hard to watch is because we've got an immobile donkey upfront. Put a Suarez or a Vela or an Aguero upfront and you'll see cracking footie, full of movement, technique, pace.

Walcott-------Özil-------Cazorla/Ox
----------------Vela---------------

Looks good to me. :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

1989 wrote::D

The reason why our football is hard to watch is because we've got an immobile donkey upfront. Put a Suarez or a Vela or an Aguero upfront and you'll see cracking footie, full of movement, technique, pace.

That thing you do when you get very carried away? You're doing it again mate :lol:

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Remy as an outside buy, Campbell back as an 'internal solution'.

That's the forward positions covered!

A young hopeful from Ligue One to play right back and Rio on a free transfer, and we are all set for 2014/15! :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

northbank123 wrote:
1989 wrote::D

That thing you do when you get very carried away? You're doing it again mate :lol:
I've likened him to them in terms of style, not suggesting that he's as good as either.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

1989 - is that you mate ?

:lol:

Post by 1989 »

:D Close enough. I don't see Vela's name on there though? :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

That most reliable of sources caughtoffside go with the story.....HE'S GONNA SPEND BIG !

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger's plans to revitalise his squad include a £40m spending spree to bring in Manchester City defender Micah Richards, 25, Swansea striker Wilfried Bony, 25, and Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 24.

Full story: Caughtoffside.com

None of those 3 are coming

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

More absolute "top, top quality" to keep Chezza on his toes

Arsenal target Alex McCarthy is set to quit Reading. The 24-year-old is seen as a replacement for back-up keeper Lukasz Fabianski, 29, who is leaving.

Full story: the Sun

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

1989 wrote:Yeah because he's matured now whereas when he was with us he was just a kid who couldn't get to grips with Prem footie.

Just because he didn't cut it first time doesn't mean he never will. Chavs let Matic go for a pittance when he was younger and brought him back for a king's ransom after he aced it in the Portuguese league and corrected their mistake. Vela is smashing it in the best league in the world and luckily we have a cheap buy back clause inserted in the deal.
La Liga is not the best league in the world and Vela is not what we need.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Don't forget Diaby - Now that he has finally learnt how to climb off the treatment table without injuring himself he will be like a new signing! :roll: :banghead: