Info for Debenture/Bondholders

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: Info for Debenture/Bondholders

Post by TeeCee »

Thanks for the info. I knew Brewer Dolphin had given it up some time ago and I had asked the club what to do as I want to sell my 'A' bond now. They said they would get back to me as soon as they had sorted it out about 6 weeks ago, I heard nothing so wrote to them again and they still haven't answered. I may as well just ring an indian call centre!! :roll:

I was hoping to sell in the next couple of months, couple of guys on here are interested so hopefully Arsenal will get their finger out and get someone on it who knows what they are doing! Also good to know about the redemption option as it means an 'A' bond has got to be worth more than £1500! :D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

TeeCee wrote:Thanks for the info. I knew Brewer Dolphin had given it up some time ago and I had asked the club what to do as I want to sell my 'A' bond now. They said they would get back to me as soon as they had sorted it out about 6 weeks ago, I heard nothing so wrote to them again and they still haven't answered. I may as well just ring an indian call centre!! :roll:

I was hoping to sell in the next couple of months, couple of guys on here are interested so hopefully Arsenal will get their finger out and get someone on it who knows what they are doing! Also good to know about the redemption option as it means an 'A' bond has got to be worth more than £1500! :D
In theory you don't need Arsenal, the registrar deal with the transfer of ownership. How Arsenal can act as a broker in such a transaction is beyond me, as far as I am aware they are not FCA registered. Certainly there will need to be some legal papers issued. I would hope that Arsenal could deal with this, but wouldn't hold your breath. They where utterly clueless when I rang them up.

The other thing is the valuation of the bonds are subjective, so you have to come to an agreement with the buyer rather than accept a "market" price that brewin dolphin used to indicate. Good luck!

Steviegooner

Post by Steviegooner »

I have two category D that I would take 10k for.

northlondongooner

Post by northlondongooner »

I'm looking for two debentures, so if anyone is selling, please let me know!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Incidentally, Arsenal got back to me and said they have no facilitator in place at all and will let me know when they get someone!! :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

TeeCee wrote:Incidentally, Arsenal got back to me and said they have no facilitator in place at all and will let me know when they get someone!! :roll:
Probably out injured or signed for 1 of our rivals :lol:

SanDiegoGooner

Post by SanDiegoGooner »

northlondongooner wrote:I'm looking for two debentures, so if anyone is selling, please let me know!
'ello norflondongooner I have one "C" class debenture that I bought in Aug 2003 that I am looking to sell. I can no longer get back and forth across the pond to see the amount of fixtures that I used to be able to. We can do Paypal if you would like. Kindly let me know what you would be offering. Best, Colin

nut flush gooner

TeeCee wrote:Incidentally, Arsenal got back to me and said they have no facilitator in place at all and will let me know when they get someone!! :roll:
I did mention it when I started this thread a few weeks back !

:duh: :duh: :duh:

SanDiegoGooner

Post by SanDiegoGooner »

I have one "C" class debenture that I bought in Aug 2003 that I am looking to sell. I can no longer get back and forth across the pond to see the amount of fixtures that I used to be able to. We can do Paypal if you would like. Kindly let me know what you would be offering. Best, Colin

nut flush gooner

SanDiegoGooner wrote:I have one "C" class debenture that I bought in Aug 2003 that I am looking to sell. I can no longer get back and forth across the pond to see the amount of fixtures that I used to be able to. We can do Paypal if you would like. Kindly let me know what you would be offering. Best, Colin
Given the number of posts you have on this forum, £5 ok?

Seriously though, why would anyone buy a debenture from someone on the other side of the pond that expects a paypal payment, with no mention of how the ownership of the debenture would be sorted.

Sounds a bit fishy to me.

SanDiegoGooner

Post by SanDiegoGooner »

Not fishy at all... I'm a long, long, time Gooner. I bought it in 2003 to jump the season ticket list when good 'ol David Dean and his finance boys cooked up a scheme to raise a few extra quid for the move from our ancestral home, the HOF :(...(I won't ever get over that, some of the seminal experiences of my life were when I was sat there in The North Bank watching Barthez shank two balls right to TH14, watching Super Bob and Freddie cutting red and wide ribbons thru defenses running onto another perfect ball from the Iceman, watching Ralph, Razor and Pat getting stuck in, and I could go on and on...) Before buying and getting my own seat, my mate Frank Stubbs of the Clock End gang used to sort my tickets home and away for me on my trips over. And I used to tag along with him and his lads from Kent while our dynamite boys in red and white went abroad chasing the cup with big ears on many a heartbreaking European night. I'm 47 and my Grandad was from Muswell Hill and I've been Arsenal through and through since I was a boy. He took me to the HOF for the first time in the late '70's( that was the Brady, Rice, Stapleton, et al team and I was hooked for life! What a first touch and left foot the Irishman had!) I've been checking the blogs for years, used to post on ANR quite a bit, and if you want to vet me, drop Myles a line and ask him if he knows a chap from San Diego named Colin. I was first on his site following him back in '98 when we were still playing Champs League games at Wembley. I was sat right there when the horse Oleg still played for Dynamo Kiev and Sheva broke our hearts with a last minute goal after Dennis had put us ahead with a header(of all things, yes the great DB10 actually did score with his head once ;) off a beauty of an Overmars cross. I just posted because I want to sell my bond and had suggested Paypal as a matter of convenience. But I'm open to whatever method is feasible and secure and acceptable for both parties. I can scan a picture of the bond front and back and send to buyer, assist in the reregistering of it etc., talk on the phone, skype, whatever is necessary. I didn't forsee a post of it being fishy, but with all the internet scams, I suppose that is understandable and no offense is taken. But this is sincere and legitimate, it is not a scam, I am a Gooner through and through,(believe me I actually saw Gervinho just score a goal in the World Cup hahahaha!) Kindly pm me if anyone is looking to buy a "C" Debenture at the face value of £5000, which was my purchase price, and accompanying season ticket. The Redemption Option Date is 31 July 2028 at £9,851.80 and cant lose in value, so it is a safe and secure investment and a way to get a season ticket by investing safely in the Club, which is why I bought it. Thanks and cheers...

SanDiegoGooner

Post by SanDiegoGooner »

Are any Gooners interested in buying my "C" debenture and accompanying season ticket? I would help pay/defay the cost of reregistering the bond into the new buyer's name. PM me if interested. Thanks! :cheers:

armchair

Post by armchair »

SanDiegoGooner wrote:Are any Gooners interested in buying my "C" debenture and accompanying season ticket? I would help pay/defay the cost of reregistering the bond into the new buyer's name. PM me if interested. Thanks! :cheers:
If youd bothered your ass to look, or been a contributor to this forum youd know that there is a whole section dedicated to buying and selling season tickets, match tickets etc. It called "Ticket Match".
You dont have enough of a post count to post in that section as you are supposed to have at least 20 posts before being allowed to post there although the mods never enforce it. It is clearly written in the rules that you must have 20 posts before you post in that section. Never enforced.
Yet ever other thread over here is deleted, locked, merged or fukin renamed. :roll:
Mods are just shit. Nuff said. 8) :lol:
:wink:

northlondongooner

Post by northlondongooner »

Hello!

I'm still looking to buy two debentures - does anyone have any to sell?

Thanks!

Steviegooner

Post by Steviegooner »

northlondongooner wrote:Hello!

I'm still looking to buy two debentures - does anyone have any to sell?

Thanks!

How much u offering