THE MAN WHO KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL--GEOFF HURST

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Step

THE MAN WHO KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL--GEOFF HURST

Post by Step »

Unbelievable!
This is the same man who on Hawksby and Jacobs pre World Cup 2010 was asked 'who would you play up front for England?'
and he replied 'oh, I wasn't expecting that one. You,ve really put me on the spot'!!
A 100% per cent cretin. Not the brightest bead. He clearly has no football intelligence whatsoever.

Giroud quite rightly looked embarrassed when he was given the award.
You,ve done one thing on note Mr Hurst but its time we all moved on.
Return this man to the home for the mentally retarded.

Debouchy MOM for me closely followed by Chambers.

Come on you Reds.

OneBardGooner

Re: THE MAN WHO KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL--GEOFF HURST

Post by OneBardGooner »

Hurst was a Quality player - and is not only a nice bloke ta boot (unlike some ex-players I've met) He's also very honest and unlike some toe rag sphincter licking ex-players who will say & do anything to get punditry work etc - he simply says it as he sees it.

To receive an award (MOTM) from an England Legend (an ex-hammer yes) but a great player in his day - would be an honour. I would have preferred an ex-Arsenal legand to present the MOTM but hey one of our players still won it!

Step

Post by Step »

I have no doubt that he is a nice guy (and once a great player) but surely you can see that there was absolutely no logic in his decision to give the award to Giroud. Yes he scored a great goal but he only touched the ball about 5 times. How can that make him MOTM??
It was the blinkered view of an ex striker and the BT sports guys obviously felt the decision to be a little strange!

Midz

Post by Midz »

Step wrote:
Both of these players were marvellous today.

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

Midz wrote:
Step wrote:
It was a friendly.Come back and say they were marvellous after the games v City Liverpool Chelsea and Utd when it matters.Because every other Gooner who has been praised over the last few years has failed to turn up in those games.They are called the big games

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

donaldo71 wrote:
Midz wrote:
Step wrote:
It was a friendly.Come back and say they were marvellous after the games v City Liverpool Chelsea and Utd when it matters.Because every other Gooner who has been praised over the last few years has failed to turn up in those games.They are called the big games
Welcome Donaldo71 and nice to read your positive posts to start with. Keep up the good work, you've got me convinced. :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Not as bad as his other live gaffs .
Hands up anyone who saw him say to Garth Crooks about Cameroon during Italia 90 .
"It's just another case of the ******** in the woodpile, isn't it ?"
Ruined a brand new shirt after dropping my joint on it after that one and burnt the sofa and the carpet too !

Inspired me to go on the Engerland trail after many years absence to Naples,Bolgna,and Turin instead of moping at home counting the cost of my Divorce !
Never seen so many Arsenal at an Engerland away game ever as was in Naples ,we had the most massive Cross of St George flag behind the goal too !
A person linked to Mr Lydon put up a Herd banner and within 20 mins there was hundreds gathered round it,shocked the life out of the Chavksi and Garnets Ice cream firm there !

Editted by DB10. Sorry mate you cannot use that word on here, not even when quoting an idiot! :wink:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

The quote was wrong anyway.

He actually said "Cameroon have certainly been the ******* in the wood pile of this tournament".

When quoting historical facts I don't have a problem with using words that were not considered that offensive at the time of their use. Provided of course that it is within context and not done deliberatley to offend. I've asterixed this out though not to offend my little jackeen fuckmuppet midget friend :lol:

Let's hope nobody mentions Guy Gibsons pet dog! :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:The quote was wrong anyway.

He actually said "Cameroon have certainly been the ******* in the wood pile of this tournament".

When quoting historical facts I don't have a problem with using words that were not considered that offensive at the time of their use. Provided of course that it is within context and not done deliberatley to offend. I've asterixed this out though not to offend my little jackeen fuckmuppet midget friend :lol:

:lol:

I am actually not offended by a quote of its historical use, but it is a word that offends most people no matter what context it's used in, so best to not use it or asterisk it out. Also, I had no idea OneBardEwok was from Dublin or indeed a fuckmuppet (although I had an inkling about the fuckmuppetry!) :lol:

I'd also like to just clarify for our retarded little fuckmonkey, SPUDMASHER, that the word is "asterisk" and not "asterix". :wink:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

DB10GOONER wrote:

I am actually not offended by a quote of its historical use, but it is a word that offends most people no matter what context it's used in, so best to not use it or asterisk it out. Also, I had no idea OneBardEwok was from Dublin or indeed a fuckmuppet (although I had an inkling about the fuckmuppetry!) :lol:

I'd also like to just clarify for our retarded little fuckmonkey, SPUDMASHER, that the word is "asterisk" and not "asterix". :wink:

It's Monday, It's still early, go fuck yourself :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

It's Monday, It's still early, go fuck yourself :lol:

Don't make me "asterix" (or "Obelix" :wink: ) that word out now! :lol: :wink:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

I saw that film a few weeks ago and I was expecting some sort of clever sound editing but to their credit there were all these white blokes running round the airbase shouting the dog's name. :o

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

When did that phrase about woodpiles go out of bounds I wonder, a Councillor nearby has just been sent on a course to reducate her :roll:

According to The fail that is

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ourse.html

Step

Post by Step »

........ and what a great film it was too. they don't make em like that anymore!

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I think the problem with the word is that black people regularly use it to refer to each other. Whilst they continue to do that they make it more acceptable among others and weaken their right to be offended by it. It's the same situation with scum fans and their Y word.