Danny Welbeck Signs (dont moan)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Zimgooner

Re: Danny Welbeck Signs (dont moan)

Post by Zimgooner »

Wenger insists that if he had not gone to Rome to meet Pope Francis - who is Argentinian and a huge football fan - at the Match for Peace charity event on deadline day last month then the deal for the Manchester United and England striker would never have happened.

However, the Gunners' boss also says having to get up at 6am to fly to Italy that day meant he was on the ball and ready to do the Welbeck deal.

The process began when Arsenal enquired again about Monaco's Radamel Falcao at the crack of dawn on September 1. They discovered the Colombian striker was going to Man United instead, and realised that Welbeck would become available as a result.

Wenger, who had taken stick on Twitter for not even being in the country on deadline day, is believed to have met someone involved in the deal in Rome, which helped push through the transfer.

“If I had not travelled that day, Welbeck would not be here,” said the Frenchman. “I’ll explain that a bit later, but the coincidence made that, because I was on my way.

"If I stayed at home, Welbeck would not be here today.

We are in 2014 and you can always be in touch with everybody, even when you travel. The advantage of that day was I had to get up at 6 in the morning and I was available the whole day.

augie

Post by augie »

and yet at 6pm that evening our club released a statement that they were not in negotiations for wellbeck :roll: Story from every news network that night and following day, suggests that manure didn't want to let him go but wellbeck pushed his way out - kinda conflicts with his story that he heard at 6am that wellbeck was on the market doesn't it ?

On a serious level, what type of c**t claims that we got the deal done purely because he happened to be on a jolly up that day ? Is he really that self absorbed that he has to try and claim credit for everything ?? Talk about trying to justify his fcuking off for the day :roll: :oops:

Anyway it doesn't matter how and who got the deal done, he should not have came out with the statement saying that he wanted to sign wellbeck on loan

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

another great photo of The Arsenal's young talent :

and there's that lurker right at the back again......"allo.... alloooooh..... boyz, wait for me......."

:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:another great photo of The Arsenal's young talent :

Left to right;

Unknown Quantity - Inconsistent - Potential - VERY inconsistent

:wink: :wink:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

And the poofiest boots belong to ..... ?

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

GranadaJoe wrote:And the poofiest boots belong to ..... ?
Well, all of them frankly.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

GranadaJoe wrote:And the poofiest boots belong to ..... ?
Chambers.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

I actually really feel for Welbeck. His ex-boss has slated him, basically saying he slung him out cos he wasn't good enough.
I am finding it hilarious reading the desperate attempts from AKBs to interprete the very Clear words Wenker said. For a bloke he keeps banging on about his 30 yrs experience you'd think the moron would know how to deal with them better by now? He had absolutely no need to make the comment about Welbeck. It's a shocker. Don't get me wrong I think Welbeck is mediocre. Spuds is his level. No serious big club world sign him. BUT. He's at Arsenal now and isn't it weird to hear the same muppet manager that constantly talks up Sanogo and Giroud, (both frenchies) make such cloudy comments about Welbeck (a better player than both others). Hmmm....
Either way he knew exactly what he was doing. The comments are clear and it's a massive F You to Welbeck before he's even kicked a ball in an Arsenal kit! So le Twat has taken to slagging off players who ain't even played yet, but those who've proven to be shite (Sanogo and genetic Giroud)...they're ok. Right?
:roll:
For years we've been told board are stopping Wenker signing players but go figure, it seems the ones most desperate to spend are the board!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I think you are right DB10, it's Wenger's ego coming before the good of the club again. If he could see past that he would have acknowledged that his comments were needless and inevitably going to be construed in the manner they have been.

I was a little underwhelmed by Welbeck - although I think and hope that he could turn out to be a good piece of business - but in his position the right thing to do is undoubtedly praise the bloke to high heaven and try and suggest we've nicked young talent from United.

I hope he enjoys playing left wing. I'm sure Podolski, Ozil and Cazorla can give him plenty of guidance of being ineffectively shoved out there.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Left to right;

Unknown Quantity - Inconsistent - Potential - VERY inconsistent

:wink: :wink:
Reservoir Dogs I must watch again

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:I actually really feel for Welbeck. His ex-boss has slated him, basically saying he slung him out cos he wasn't good enough.
I am finding it hilarious reading the desperate attempts from AKBs to interprete the very Clear words Wenker said. For a bloke he keeps banging on about his 30 yrs experience you'd think the moron would know how to deal with them better by now? He had absolutely no need to make the comment about Welbeck. It's a shocker. Don't get me wrong I think Welbeck is mediocre. Spuds is his level. No serious big club world sign him. BUT. He's at Arsenal now and isn't it weird to hear the same muppet manager that constantly talks up Sanogo and Giroud, (both frenchies) make such cloudy comments about Welbeck (a better player than both others). Hmmm....
Either way he knew exactly what he was doing. The comments are clear and it's a massive F You to Welbeck before he's even kicked a ball in an Arsenal kit! So le Twat has taken to slagging off players who ain't even played yet, but those who've proven to be shite (Sanogo and genetic Giroud)...they're ok. Right?
For years we've been told board are stopping Wenker signing players but go figure, it seems the ones most desperate to spend are the board!

Why is this scum fan still allowed on here.

We banned him under his other moniker,he picks another similar name (not very bright are you lad?) and he's back on. How long before the long words and insults.

Go away Babachukwu shabba rabba whatever the hell your name is. Go lurk some place else. :evil:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

topgoon wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:I actually really feel for Welbeck. His ex-boss has slated him, basically saying he slung him out cos he wasn't good enough.

We banned him under his other moniker,he picks another similar name (not very bright are you lad?) and he's back on. How long before the long words and insults.

Go away Babachukwu shabba rabba whatever the hell your name is. Go lurk some place else. :evil:
I don't see what he has posted is any more negative then 90% of the other posts :rubchin:

In fact Augie makes this guy look like Mary Poppins :barscarf: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
topgoon wrote:

I don't see what he has posted is any more negative then 90% of the other posts :rubchin:

Another one of your sick sexual fantasies lefty ? :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
topgoon wrote:

Another one of your sick sexual fantasies lefty ? :lol:
Oh yeah, chuck in nanny mcphee and we have a party going on :shock: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

and there's that lurker right at the back again......"allo.... alloooooh..... boyz, wait for me......."

:lol:
Jack looks like he is in need of spectacles - squinting etc.