Dortmund away match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

Re: Dortmund away match thread

Post by GranadaJoe »

Through a succession of really crap streams I watched a strobed performance that looked like it was lookalikes taking the piss.
The stats said them 16 shots, us ZERO. Them 6 corners, us ZERO.

Endless giving the ball away; inability to pass to a team-mate; inability to create chances. Good job we don't try and play an attacking, possession-based game.

I saw someone called Immobile run passed our players, who should have all had his shirt on. Would have been perfect for Arteta.
Maybe all our players should have adjectives on their shirts instead of surnames.

WE8SPURS

Post by WE8SPURS »

officepest wrote:
WE8SPURS wrote:Acroamatical

(a.) Communicated orally; oral; -- applied to the esoteric teachings of Aristotle, those intended for his genuine disciples, in distinction from his exoteric doctrines, which were adapted to outsiders or the public generally. Hence: Abstruse; profound.
Floccinaucinihilipilification

As in: "Christ, our performance was completely floccinaucinihilipilification tonight." :proudtosay:
Ok, so i'm not sure if that's really a word but i've just got brain freeze reading it

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

GranadaJoe wrote:Through a succession of really crap streams I watched a strobed performance that looked like it was lookalikes taking the piss.
The stats said them 16 shots, us ZERO. Them 6 corners, us ZERO.

Endless giving the ball away; inability to pass to a team-mate; inability to create chances. Good job we don't try and play an attacking, possession-based game.

I saw someone called Immobile run passed our players, who should have all had his shirt on. Would have been perfect for Arteta.
Maybe all our players should have adjectives on their shirts instead of surnames.
Skycunts showed Dortmund had 30 shots/attempts. 30.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

WE8SPURS wrote:
officepest wrote:
WE8SPURS wrote:Acroamatical

(a.) Communicated orally; oral; -- applied to the esoteric teachings of Aristotle, those intended for his genuine disciples, in distinction from his exoteric doctrines, which were adapted to outsiders or the public generally. Hence: Abstruse; profound.
Floccinaucinihilipilification

As in: "Christ, our performance was completely floccinaucinihilipilification tonight." :proudtosay:
Ok, so i'm not sure if that's really a word but i've just got brain freeze reading it
I am having trouble believing that last sentence. Just a section of it..can you guess what it is yet...said in geriatric aussie paedo accent.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Too early :?:

augie

Post by augie »

Switching from being absolutely enraged to be non plussed about the whole thing and more of the latter than the former :oops:

We get used to see our team tactically outplayed, being lethargic, showing no interest or appetite and showing no fcuking guts so now performances like this are expected and that is a sad thing to say :oops: I don't get angry at the performances as such, but the thought of another 3 seasons of this useless b*stard French cuntbag manager, dragging us down deeper and deeper absolutely fcuking kills me :evil: :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Anyway we were sh*t,same story different day.

I am off to watch 8 out of 10 cats does countdown. God I'd love to see Rachel Riley in the buff :twisted:

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

So many Gooners forgave Wenger for 9 years of shite because we won the FA Cup.The man is tactically clueless.He should have gone after the cup final.Instead we have another 3 years at least of this crap.Nothing has changed.WENGER OUT

Step

Post by Step »

Hate to say it but it looks like we have Giroud mk 2 in Mr Wellbeck. I really thought we could bring out the best in him but he just lacks any confidence/cutting edge as proved again tonight.

Winning the FA cup could be the worst thing to happen to the Gooners and we all know why... far too many more years of a clueless frenchman who can't see or doesn't want to see what everyone else can.

Utterly outclassed tonight because Dortmund wanted it more and showed it in all areas of the game.

Shame on you overpaid pampered Gooners.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Welbeck would've been shown the door at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge. Oh wait..he was.

milesgooner

Post by milesgooner »

The time for platitudes is over. Wenger needs to forget about protecting his players and come out and give himself and the team a very public bollocking. From now on he has to start putting round pegs in round holes. If that means playing Ozil in the middle or leaving him on the bench then so be it. Unfortunately the squad isn't strong enough to drop 7 or 8 players so the same mob will have to prove themselves with a performance against Villa.
The season is mapped out already, scraping into the last 16 of the CL with a tonking by Real Madrid, a crap start in the league followed by a glorious late run to 4th place, a 2nd round ko in the Carling Cup, and a losing semi-final performance in the FA cup.
This is so depressing.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Jack Wilshere has picked up an ankle injury to add to the Arsenal misery tonight #AFC
10:34pm - 16 Sep 14

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

Just got back from a presentation evening at juniors school... the pair of us really hacked off at being at a poxy school function when The Arsenal were playing. Imagine my relief when I discovered all I had missed was yet another butt fucking by a well organised and hard working team.
At least we only have to put up with this crap for another two and a half years!
I don't know what Wenger said after the game and to be honest I don't really care... Quite frankly I'm fed up to the back teeth of his sanctimonious crap that he continues to spout... He can stick his 30 years in football up his fucking arse!
We all knew we were at least 3 players short... 2 cb's and a dm and we can all see that this cockeyed system he is trying just isn't working, but that fucking great ego of inspector fucking clueless means he'll never change it for fear of being proved wrong!
Sorry peeps... rant over! :evil: :evil:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsène - "They maybe had an easier game on Saturday"

10:40pm - 16 Sep 14

Humoresque

Post by Humoresque »

donaldo71 wrote:So many Gooners forgave Wenger for 9 years of shite because we won the FA Cup.The man is tactically clueless.He should have gone after the cup final.Instead we have another 3 years at least of this crap.Nothing has changed.WENGER OUT

Arsenal are as successful as Wigan Athletic and Portsmouth over the last 9 years. Pompey made 2 appearances in the FA Final and Everton, Cardiff City, Stoke and West Ham had an appearance each in the final over the last 9 years.

Highest tickets in Britain and top 10 richest club in the world.

Bayern and Juve have built new stadia.

all the big clubs have changed managers at leat once, they are still standing!!!