Dortmund away match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

Dortmund away match thread

Post by Chippy »

Hooray the excitement of the CL returns, all building to that thrilling match in Istanbul in December. :twisted:

Henry Norris 1913

Re: Dortmund away match thread

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

another 1-0 like last year please :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

They are shite...we are shite....game will be a huge big pile of shite :barscarf:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

3-1 Dortmund.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Dortmund away then Villa away next Saturday. Our sluggish start to the season could turn into a bit of a shit fest by this time next week. Can't really see us winning either game if I'm being honest.

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

rodders999 wrote:Dortmund away then Villa away next Saturday. Our sluggish start to the season could turn into a bit of a shit fest by this time next week. Can't really see us winning either game if I'm being honest.
I think we'll get a draw, we might even nick a one nil... but then lose to Villa. Cue the little bit jaded quotes from clueless. :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

was sanogo rested today ?

if he plays 0-0. if not we win 2-0. welbeck and sanchez.

we will score goals this year. we're just not good enough to challenge for anything due to our manager.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A 1-1 draw and I hope the first hearing of There's Only One you ungrateful bastards

RespectTheUmlaut

Post by RespectTheUmlaut »

We'll win one of our next two games.

It'll either be a loss to Dortmund followed by the inevitable redemption on the weekend or a win away to Dortmund followed by 'little bit handbrake' against Villa.

I do think we'll beat Dortmund.. only because I don't rate them as being anywhere near their level 2 seasons ago and I think Ozil, Sanchez and maybe even Ramsey will perform well in this one. Here's hoping. :barscarf:

Poldi

Post by Poldi »

Dortmund with an easy 3 - 1 home win today. Kagawa on his return from Manure also scored.

input

Post by input »

I'll be out there, hopefully we play as well as we did yesterday.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

Szczesny
Chambers Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Arteta
Sanchez Ozil Rosicky
Welbeck

I know it's harsh leaving Wilshere out as he was stellar against City, but Ramsey offers infinitely more without the ball and I suspect we'll have to do a fair bit of defending against Dortmund. Really, Wilshere deserves to play ahead of Ozil given how dire he's looked, but I'm hoping his Bundesliga experience and the fact he'll be playing in Germany will ignite a fire under him and he'll turn up on the night... I mean, he surely can't play as poorly again...? Right?

Rosicky deserves to play; Chamberlain and Cazorla have both been piss poor and Tomas has only played 4 minutes this season! He, too has Bundesliga experience having played for Dortmund and I'm hoping his uptempo game and insatiable energy can give us a boost - it's criminal that he's been overlooked all season.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

arteta would get absolutely killed out there.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:arteta would get absolutely killed out there.
After seeing Flamini attempt the most ludicrous looking tackles by throwing himself to the ground and sliding around on his arse, I'll take my chances with Arteta, thank you very much.

P.S.

Arteta was MOTM when we beat Dortmund away last season.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:arteta would get absolutely killed out there.
Unlike tubthumping Flamoney who will be giving the impression of a hard man by flying into tackles 5 minutes late?