The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by markyp »

augie wrote:Turkish media are reporting that we have agreed a deal to sell ospina to fernabache for €5.5m (£3.9m) - I would be shocked if we sold ospina this summer cos I reckon that Chesney will leave because he is likely to start next season as 2nd choice behind either ospina or cech. If we sell ospina then I will expect le cock to buy 2 keepers this summer
I never fancied ospina as Wenkers first choice,Sir Chez is golden gloves to Le Cock even though we all know he is a pile of shite and im sure if we don't get Cech that Sir Chez will be in goal against West ham for the season opener relegating Ospina to the bench even though our results dramatically improved with Ospina,granted it was the same time as Coq retruned which protected the back line but Ospinas been a steady eddie for sure.if we sign Cech I will be amazed and I will walk around all summer with a huge stiffy :barscarf:

wibble

Post by wibble »

markyp wrote:
augie wrote:Turkish media are reporting that we have agreed a deal to sell ospina to fernabache for €5.5m (£3.9m) - I would be shocked if we sold ospina this summer cos I reckon that Chesney will leave because he is likely to start next season as 2nd choice behind either ospina or cech. If we sell ospina then I will expect le cock to buy 2 keepers this summer
I never fancied ospina as Wenkers first choice,Sir Chez is golden gloves to Le Cock even though we all know he is a pile of shite and im sure if we don't get Cech that Sir Chez will be in goal against West ham for the season opener relegating Ospina to the bench even though our results dramatically improved with Ospina,granted it was the same time as Coq retruned which protected the back line but Ospinas been a steady eddie for sure.if we sign Cech I will be amazed and I will walk around all summer with a huge stiffy :barscarf:
If that did happen, perhaps best to get your coq ceched :oops:

markyp

Post by markyp »

wibble wrote:
markyp wrote:
If that did happen, perhaps best to get your coq ceched :oops:
:lol:

Non flying Dutchman

Post by Non flying Dutchman »

If I remember, Chesney Is on some daft 80k -100k a week contract, So even if we wanted to sell him (and keep Opsina as back up) We would need to find a mug willing to take on his wages (similar to Denilson and Lord Bendtner)

Feel a bit sorry for Ospina, he would have been fine as a number 2

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... m-contract
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -deal.html

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

Nooo, why Ospina? :cry: :cry:
Get rid of Chesney, he's shite anyway. I'm tired of his mistakes and his father barging in everytime he makes one.
I know Wenker thinks Cech could teach Chesney a lot and probably make him a solid GK, but mark the work, probably!
Why taking a risk when you have a great keeper Ospina (with amazing wife :wink: ) and Cech as 2nd.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

p206ab wrote:Nooo, why Ospina? :cry: :cry:
Get rid of Chesney, he's shite anyway. I'm tired of his mistakes and his father barging in everytime he makes one.
I know Wenker thinks Cech could teach Chesney a lot and probably make him a solid GK, but mark the work, probably!
Why taking a risk when you have a great keeper Ospina (with amazing wife :wink: ) and Cech as 2nd.

:shock: Whaaaat!? His missus is a good goalie as well???? :?

:D

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Makes sense to sell Ospina rather than Shez. I still think Shez is a better 'Keeper, seems to have had something going on in his life the last year or so which has affected him (i became more convinced of this given hi statements abouts his Dad) Plus he's still 25, the chance for improvement, especially if someone like Cech is there with him.

I thought he might keep Ospina for a year and loan Shez out to a good club and let him get those errors out of his game. But seems not. I think the most exciting thing is we may actually have a new Goalkeeping coach as well, which is vital imo.

markyp

Post by markyp »

rigsby wrote:Makes sense to sell Ospina rather than Shez. I still think Shez is a better 'Keeper, seems to have had something going on in his life the last year or so which has affected him (i became more convinced of this given hi statements abouts his Dad) Plus he's still 25, the chance for improvement, especially if someone like Cech is there with him.

I thought he might keep Ospina for a year and loan Shez out to a good club and let him get those errors out of his game. But seems not. I think the most exciting thing is we may actually have a new Goalkeeping coach as well, which is vital imo.
I disagree about Shez,i think we've seen the best of him and he's never gonna be a worldy,id rather sell him as disappointing as it would be , keep Ospina and bring in Cech as our number 1.young keepers like Shez either improve year on year like De Gea or drop down a notch and stay there,i think Shez is the latter :(

silus

Post by silus »

rigsby wrote:Makes sense to sell Ospina rather than Shez. I still think Shez is a better 'Keeper, seems to have had something going on in his life the last year or so which has affected him (i became more convinced of this given hi statements abouts his Dad) Plus he's still 25, the chance for improvement, especially if someone like Cech is there with him.

I agree. I still think scezney has potential and will hopefully kick on with cech and his coach (still not convinced we'll get them..but fingers crossed). I don't think we've had very good gk coaches in the recent past and maybe this has been the reason he's stagnated.
Will be a shame to see Ospina leave, but out of the two I'd rather keep scezney.

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

Its the other way round.Ospina doesnt want to play second fiddle to Cech Szczesny does,And lets be honest Ospina is not very good

burns718

Post by burns718 »

Barca saying they were offered Sergio Ramos, Madrid obviously happy to get rid, I think that would be a he'll of a signing for us, worth a try!!!!

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I know there's plenty on here who desperately want Jackson Martinez here... but why was he an unused sub against Brazil? - is he injured or not good enough?

He was mostly a sub in the world cup too even though Falcao wasn't there.

Falcao has now walked into the side again and our man Martinez is nowhere to be seen :shock:

Then you look at a club career in Colombia, Mexico and Portugal.

Are people sure he's really that good? :?

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:I know there's plenty on here who desperately want Jackson Martinez here... but why was he an unused sub against Brazil? - is he injured or not good enough?

Falcao has now walked into the side again and our man Martinez is nowhere to be seen :shock:

Have to be honest and say that I too don't know fcuk all about the guy and am only going by what others tell me - I know that his pace isn't great on FM 2015 :wink: :lol:

silus

Post by silus »

g88ner wrote:I know there's plenty on here who desperately want Jackson Martinez here... but why was he an unused sub against Brazil? - is he injured or not good enough?

The only time I've really seen him play was at the world cup...and I wasn't very impressed.
He has a good goal record and people seem to rate him..but I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if we didn't get him.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Apparently Giroud is good enough for us to be number 1 striker but why is he only third choice striker for France? :rubchin:
Koscielny (who I rate) is a sun for France too. Gibbs is the third choice England left back. Mertesacker 4th choice CB for Germany. Coquelin won't start a game for France for a long time yet! Welbeck reserve England striker - yet all first choices for Arsenal? :shock:
Martinez isn't Aguero, but is he way better than Giroud? Hell yes!