The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by markyp »

augie wrote:Does anybody else Schweinsteiger would be worth a punt at £7.5m ? I suggested that he would be a great signing earlier in this thread but was shot done on the basis that he wouldn't be available, but by all accounts he is close to signing for manure and I would think that he would bring leadership, real grit and aggression to our team 8)
7.5 m that cant be right surely??

markyp

Post by markyp »

markyp wrote:
augie wrote:Does anybody else Schweinsteiger would be worth a punt at £7.5m ? I suggested that he would be a great signing earlier in this thread but was shot done on the basis that he wouldn't be available, but by all accounts he is close to signing for manure and I would think that he would bring leadership, real grit and aggression to our team 8)
yup just seen its 7.5m jeez that's a no brainer surely

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Fuck me :shock: what a steal that would be for those :censored: Bargain of the century surely

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:I'd take jens as our keeper ahead of anything we currently have in the club and ahead of most of the first choice keepers at the other clubs - the man was somewhat unfairly viewed as a loose cannon and/or a liability, but that totally ignored the fact that he was a very good keeper and a never say die and true leader of men despite the fact that we had several strong characters in the club at the time 8)

Agree with you. Jens was a great keeper.

augie

Post by augie »

On a non Arsenal related note, is there any club out there that is being linked with more players than fernabache ? Every time you click on a transfer link it has them buying some sort of a good player (the latest they are linked with is van persie) and you ask yourself why a top player would considering going to the Turkish league :?

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:On a non Arsenal related note, is there any club out there that is being linked with more players than fernabache ? Every time you click on a transfer link it has them buying some sort of a good player (the latest they are linked with is van persie) and you ask yourself why a top player would considering going to the Turkish league :?

Nope, Fernabache are buying everyone and all the leagues so they can play by themselves and win all the trophies. :)

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Lauren Etame Mayer
Jun 20
Lauren Etame Mayer ‏@Lauren12arsenal
#All the best to Cech. Long time without stability in that position and another great gooner move to get the Premier League.

TWITTER
:barscarf:

Milan pulled out of their deal in place to sign Jackson Martinez from Porto
The Rossoneri had agreed to trigger the Portugal club's €35million release clause for the player
But with Atletico Madrid willing to sign Martinez without a prior medical, and Milan not so, the Colombian looks set to head to Spain

DAILY FAIL

WENGER OUT

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Two years ago I would have agreed even for 30m. But with Jack, rambo and coquelin maturing, they are showing leadership qualities. We're strong in that dept.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Reading stats on goal scored, giroud had a better goals to game ratio than Jackson Martinez and Higuain, also had more assists. We also had our 2 main strikers in double figures in the top 6 premier league goalscoring charts. Do we need a new striker when Sanchez, giroud and Walcott are all fit?

Based on last season only Suarez, Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, and Aguero would improve our firing line.

burns718

Post by burns718 »

Nos89 wrote:Reading stats on goal scored, giroud had a better goals to game ratio than Jackson Martinez and Higuain, also had more assists. We also had our 2 main strikers in double figures in the top 6 premier league goalscoring charts. Do we need a new striker when Sanchez, giroud and Walcott are all fit?

Based on last season only Suarez, Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, and Aguero would improve our firing line.

I think if we got a quality striker with PACE, then that would open up a whole host of new goalscoring opportunities as it would allow santi and ozil to thread those magic through balls, and I don't believe Walcott is a good enough finisher to be given that much responsibility

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:Reading stats on goal scored, giroud had a better goals to game ratio than Jackson Martinez and Higuain, also had more assists. We also had our 2 main strikers in double figures in the top 6 premier league goalscoring charts. Do we need a new striker when Sanchez, giroud and Walcott are all fit?

And at different stages of the past two seasons our keepers and defence had the best stats but we all knew that they needed upgrading

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

markyp wrote:
markyp wrote:
yup just seen its 7.5m jeez that's a no brainer surely
Yes but would he get a game ahead of Coquelin? It's just cos Coquelin didn't cost £40m :lol:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

LOL. Wow some of our fans are reaching Liverpool levels of mental! :shock:
I suppose, errrrrm...Benzema, Lewandowski, Zlatan, Higuain, Bale, Tevez, Muller, Diego Costa etc wouldn't improve Arsenal!
On last season's evidence I reckon Monaco's attackers are even more clinical :lol: :roll:
Bearing in mind our "first choice" number 9 can't outscore Kane, is third choice for France, has never scored a league hat-trick, was dropped for a cup final for someone seen as a winger and hasn't scored a league goal for over 530 minutes....:oops:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Not sure on this one augie I reckon his best days are behind him and has had lots of niggling injuries and would end up like the chavs signing of Ballack I would prefer to see khedira or reus admittedly we wouldn't get either for that price but in the long-term they would make more sense

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

I'd like to see the Stoke midfielder Nzonzi (bad speller), join us. Good with & without the ball (tall/strong), & not afraid to shooooot from outside the box which still seems to be something most of our players are unwilling to do !. I don't know if he's up for sale or not. Usually doesn't matter anyway if you want a player that much. :barscarf: :barscarf: