The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
AnotherAmeobi

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by AnotherAmeobi »

khedira signed for juve sid, on a free. reports in chile that wenger has made contact with vidal.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Ray C wrote:I'd like to see the Stoke midfielder Nzonzi (bad speller), join us. Good with & without the ball (tall/strong), & not afraid to shooooot from outside the box which still seems to be something most of our players are unwilling to do !. I don't know if he's up for sale or not. Usually doesn't matter anyway if you want a player that much. :barscarf: :barscarf:
he wants out of stoke so is available,have to admit he is pretty decent

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Gotze and Joe Cole oh and Suarez to join this week

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

markyp wrote:
Ray C wrote:I'd like to see the Stoke midfielder Nzonzi (bad speller), join us. Good with & without the ball (tall/strong), & not afraid to shooooot from outside the box which still seems to be something most of our players are unwilling to do !. I don't know if he's up for sale or not. Usually doesn't matter anyway if you want a player that much. :barscarf: :barscarf:
he wants out of stoke so is available,have to admit he is pretty decent
Stoke have turned down a bid for him from Seville..

BREAKING NEWS

Stoke City have turned down a £3million bid from Sevilla for midfielder Steven N'Zonzi, according to Sky sources

N'Zonzi is thought to have tuned down a new deal at the Stoke, with one year left on the current deal, but the Potters have described the bid as 'derisory'

SammyDroppedHisShorts

And ?? Lol

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:And ?? Lol

?? :?

SammyDroppedHisShorts

You want NZonzi in an Arsenal shirt I gather?

:)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:You want NZonzi in an Arsenal shirt I gather?

:)
Me ? Not quite sure where you got that in my post Sammy, markyp and Ray C were discussing the merits and availability of a player, I had just seen an item about said player on SSN website so I decided to develop the conversation by adding in what I had just seen. As for the player in question, I think he is a decent player but would be looking for a step up in quality for a potential Arsenal signing. :D :D

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Schweinsteiger for £7.5m?
Yes!
Pair him with Coquelin in front of defence for tough away games.

As for Jackson Martinez, I posted a while ago I would like to see him at Arsenal.
He would offer that bit of something out of the ordinary in front of goal in a tight game, that currently only Sanchez offers with any frequency.
Our style of play, passes in to feet, should suit him too.

QuartzGooner

Re: The January Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by QuartzGooner »

QuartzGooner wrote:Bit of a buzz building about the prospects of Porto striker Jackson Martinez coming to us this summer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... tinez.html

I like him, sharp box player, good control, but we need to be clear about what he is and what he is not.

Tim Vickery was very adamant about this, that he is not a Giroud MKII, he is not a back to goal player to hold up the ball.
He is much more a dribbler who will sit on the shoulder of the centre back and makes short runs it the penalty area.

If he does sign, then with Giroud Martinez and Welbeck in the squad, I think Campbell and Sanogo will be sold, with Akpom sent on loan.
Five months later the buzz is still building, hope it comes true.

SammyDroppedHisShorts

Brady I have been away a long time I miss things lol

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

All our financial firepower and pror getting moist about Stevie Nzonzi of Stoke. :oops:
Is that what we moved grounds for? Kondogbia another to be added to the virtual transfer 11 :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:Brady I have been away a long time I miss things lol
Good to see you back, your user name and avatar depict one of the most surreal and bizarre moments I can recall in over forty years supporting Arsenal.

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

All our financial firepower and pror getting moist about Stevie Nzonzi of Stoke. :oops:
Is that what we moved grounds for?
This is a nonsense comment. Not every player Arsenal sign from now on is going to be in the 40 odd million bracket. Just because someone plays for Stoke doesn't mean they can't step up. Schneiderlin has played in the championship and league 1 with Southampton yet is now being highly sought after. I'm not saying Nzonzi is an exciting transfer, but it's also stupid to dismiss everyone who isn't Alexis Sanchez as pointless, in an effort to bash Arsenal's spending.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

rigsby wrote:
Is that what we moved grounds for?
This is a nonsense comment. Not every player Arsenal sign from now on is going to be in the 40 odd million bracket. Just because someone plays for Stoke doesn't mean they can't step up. Schneiderlin has played in the championship and league 1 with Southampton yet is now being highly sought after. I'm not saying Nzonzi is an exciting transfer, but it's also stupid to dismiss everyone who isn't Alexis Sanchez as pointless, in an effort to bash Arsenal's spending.
When it's a key position that has needed exceptional strengthening for over 8 years, then a £3m signing from Stoke is simply kinda unacceptable. But hey, maybe Jose didn't know what he was doing when he spent £20-odd mil on that Matic fella :lol:
Not every signing has to be Sanchez, but when it's a vital area of the first team like DCM then you should be going after the best. Not non-internationals.
Oh and I didn't "dismiss everyone" - classic straw man stuff.
I dismissed N'Zonzi in particular. He is far from good enough. Next please...