The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

T.S wrote:Ah, the bi-annual appearance of The Gator approaches. I cannot wait.

Since the forum became shit three or four years ago, these really are the highlights I look out for.

One Hostgator, there's only one Hostgator! :barscarf:
Spuddy saw your use of the word "bi-annual" and got a little confused. And somewhat erect.

:D :wink:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Kevin De Bruyne to Citeh.
Initial £54m and 6 year contract @ 300k p/w. :shock:
I feel sick.

@theguardian

WENGER OUT

augie

Post by augie »

T.S wrote:Ah, the bi-annual appearance of The Gator approaches. I cannot wait.

Since the forum became shit three or four years ago, these really are the highlights I look out for.

One Hostgator, there's only one Hostgator! :barscarf:

Am reminded of that classic line from "remember The Titans" where he says "attitude reflect leadership" :wink: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Havent seen much of him tbh, but the bits I have seen of carvalho suggest to me that he is the right type of signing for us - however if we wanted to sign him then we better get our skates on cos leverkusen are close to selling some shit korean striker to the scum, and I cant see them selling two of their main players especially having qualified for the champs league group stages last night

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

augie wrote:Havent seen much of him tbh, but the bits I have seen of carvalho suggest to me that he is the right type of signing for us - however if we wanted to sign him then we better get our skates on cos leverkusen are close to selling some shit korean striker to the scum, and I cant see them selling two of their main players especially having qualified for the champs league group stages last night
Do u mean bender?

augie

Post by augie »

the playing mantis wrote:
augie wrote:Havent seen much of him tbh, but the bits I have seen of carvalho suggest to me that he is the right type of signing for us - however if we wanted to sign him then we better get our skates on cos leverkusen are close to selling some shit korean striker to the scum, and I cant see them selling two of their main players especially having qualified for the champs league group stages last night
Do u mean bender?

Sorry - that is who I meant :oops:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

In the past we have occassionally had poor results in the final game before the window closes, some very poor.
This has led to Wenger panic buying in the final hours.
I hope we get a scruffy 1-0 win at Newcastle, with the defence all over the place, and Cech busier than a one armed paper hanger.
Wenger will up in front of the post match media, all cheesy grins and cryptic phrases, praising our mental strength and sharpness.
He will stubbornly refuse to add any new players to the squad, which will continue to be frustratingly inconsistent in performances and results.
Except this time the media have him firmly in their sights.
A shitty CL draw, go in to November outside the top 6, struggling in Europe and see the pressure on the old fool increase to breaking point.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

g88ner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:He aint going to sign anyone else now......thats it another missed opportunity FFS :banghead:
Just out of interest, why do you think that?

It's July 9th, we've only spent £11m and have plenty to spend.

Surely the chances are we will add to our squad between now and the close of the transfer windows?
YEAH and now its 27th of August, see i can read a fucking calendar as well.....with Wenger saying today not hopeful of signing anyone, anyway not like we need anyone is it, with everyone else recruiting like mad :banghead:
Signed Cech only because we had no competition for his signature, he came out and said he wanted Arsenal.

This team that works 24/7 trying to sign new players have done another blinding job, all deserve a pay rise

Thats it another missed opportunity FFS

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:In the past we have occassionally had poor results in the final game before the window closes, some very poor.
This has led to Wenger panic buying in the final hours.
I hope we get a scruffy 1-0 win at Newcastle, with the defence all over the place, and Cech busier than a one armed paper hanger.
Wenger will up in front of the post match media, all cheesy grins and cryptic phrases, praising our mental strength and sharpness.
He will stubbornly refuse to add any new players to the squad, which will continue to be frustratingly inconsistent in performances and results.
Except this time the media have him firmly in their sights.
A shitty CL draw, go in to November outside the top 6, struggling in Europe and see the pressure on the old fool increase to breaking point.
on another thread I pointed out that we could have the week from hell in late September - a top european side away, Chelsea away and Spurs away all in the space of a few days. by the time of the high profile Man United game in early October the spotlight will be firmly on le clueless. (the pre match build up with Henry and Neville will be worth watching that day :lol: )

augie

Post by augie »

kiwomya wrote:Wenger talking transfers:

http://www.skysports.com/iframe/widget/ ... mJVs9ixdx5

Comical to hear the sky reporter asking le cock if the window closing at 6pm will make it harder to complete any deals, and of course wenker said that it will because it leaves clubs less time - less time with the transfer window after being wide open for two fcuking months :roll: You really couldn't make this shit up :oops:
Also good to hear that he has a team of people working on identifying and recruiting players 24 hours a day, and that he too is available 24 hours a day.......hope the team around him are paid on performance and not on hours put in :roll:

Anyone know why the window is closing a day later in England than it is the rest of Europe ? :? Up until a few days ago I thought that the window was closing august 31st at 6pm

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:

Comical to hear the sky reporter asking le cock if the window closing at 6pm will make it harder to complete any deals, and of course wenker said that it will because it leaves clubs less time - less time with the transfer window after being wide open for two fcuking months :roll: You really couldn't make this shit up :oops:
Also good to hear that he has a team of people working on identifying and recruiting players 24 hours a day, and that he too is available 24 hours a day.......hope the team around him are paid on performance and not on hours put in :roll:

Anyone know why the window is closing a day later in England than it is the rest of Europe ? :? Up until a few days ago I thought that the window was closing august 31st at 6pm
Skysports want it that way. Probably. :roll:

:wink:

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

augie wrote:

What a wanker he is :cussing:

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

augie wrote:

31st is a bank holiday in England & Wales...

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

surely the transfer window closing a day later on 1st September gives us even more time to find someone :rubchin: