The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Kvltman wrote:Still I read so many posts on other forums saying 'Wenger is playing his cards close to his chest....poker face etc....'

Nope, he just doesn't want to buy, more he feels he doesn't have to.

So infuriating that, after the latest cup win, and the buzz of the run at the end of last season and even the signing of Cech, we didn't make the statement of intent and beef up the defensive midfield and striker positions. This season could go as the biggest missed opportunity...
He's just an enormous, arrogant *word censored* who thinks he knows better than anyone and has been found out yet again. He is a conceited, ego-filled prick whose little games show the mind of a manipulative, conniving, selfish *word censored* with no regard for anyone else. Whatever he has tried to do this summer has made him look a prick again and let the club and fans down yet again. The quicker he just fucks off instead of fucking things up the better. I am sick of this failure, this blind, useless, negligent *word censored*. I don't care if he signs Messi or Ronaldo, Benzema or Goetze, he'd still fuck it up. The man has betrayed 10 years of fans and 10 years of our history with his arrogance and selfishness. Just piss off now.

augie

Post by augie »

Chippy wrote:
g88ner wrote:
Kvltman wrote:Still I read so many posts on other forums saying 'Wenger is playing his cards close to his chest....poker face etc....'

So infuriating that, after the latest cup win, and the buzz of the run at the end of last season and even the signing of Cech, we didn't make the statement of intent and beef up the defensive midfield and striker positions. This season could go as the biggest missed opportunity...
I don't agree.

I think he does want to buy but is looking for very specific targets and is willing to gamble on them becoming available.

Presumably, those targets didn't include Schnierderlin and Jackson Martinez which is fine as long as you then purchase better players.

At the moment, this summer is looking like a balls up of epic proportions as the players he felt he could get appear to have fallen through and left us scratching around to see if we can pull something out of the hat. :?

If that's the case then he's quite right to keep our money in his pocket if he can't find an upgrade... but that doesn't excuse the fact we had 3 months to get deals done.
Given the last 12 years can you give any rational reason for believing this? I think you're in the denial stage. Move on to acceptance.

People have said that like it makes it easier, but tbh I don't think it makes fcuk all difference - I used to get really, really angry at the old c.unts transfer mismanagement, but now all I feel is despair and resignation at where we are and neither feeling is nice :cry:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I know people will disagree and that it's been said in previous years by others but i really for the first time have a feeling 4th might not be as nailed on as usual.

In previous seasons we have made enough signings to keep us there but i'm really not sure that Cech is going to be enough, our squad feels woefully thin this year especially with the number of players sent out on loan.

I'm genuinely worried about 4th for the first time in years and i can foresee some serious panic buys in January if he doesn't get anyone else before the window closes.

:rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:I know people will disagree and that it's been said in previous years by others but i really for the first time have a feeling 4th might not be as nailed on as usual.

In previous seasons we have made enough signings to keep us there but i'm really not sure that Cech is going to be enough, our squad feels woefully thin this year especially with the number of players sent out on loan.

I'm genuinely worried about 4th for the first time in years and i can foresee some serious panic buys in January if he doesn't get anyone else before the window closes.

:rubchin:

Who is going to take 4th from us ? The scum and their one season wonder who still hasn't learned how to talk properly ? The victims with their no name and fcuk all talent squad ? FFS there isn't a team out there that will finish above us except the chavs and the two manc clubs, cos of all seasons going the league is very low on quality :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Chippy wrote:
g88ner wrote:

I don't agree.

I think he does want to buy but is looking for very specific targets and is willing to gamble on them becoming available.

Presumably, those targets didn't include Schnierderlin and Jackson Martinez which is fine as long as you then purchase better players.

At the moment, this summer is looking like a balls up of epic proportions as the players he felt he could get appear to have fallen through and left us scratching around to see if we can pull something out of the hat. :?

If that's the case then he's quite right to keep our money in his pocket if he can't find an upgrade... but that doesn't excuse the fact we had 3 months to get deals done.
Given the last 12 years can you give any rational reason for believing this? I think you're in the denial stage. Move on to acceptance.

It's not denial though (although, in fairness, someone in denial would say that :rubchin: :lol: ) - the evidence that supports my last post (i.e. I think he does want to buy but is looking for very specific targets) is Ozil, Sanchez and Cech signed in the last 2 years.

What better examples could you want? - the 12 year comment of yours is irrelevant as we're clearly in a much better financial position now, so whether we agree or not, in Wenger's mind there's a clear difference in approach since 2013.

The money is there now and he's shown willingness to spend big on a player he thinks will make the difference but ONLY if he's completely satisfied it's the right player at the right price.

So no, I don't believe he's happy with his squad. I genuinely believe he would have signed Benzema if he was available.

And before someone like Baba reads this and assumes I'm defending Wenger and I'm best friends with Ty, can I just say that it is ok to hypothesise Wenger's logic without agreeing with it!

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

I know, we buy one world class player a year and in 11 years we have a world class team. That's how it works isn't it? :twisted:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Chippy wrote:I know, we buy one world class player a year and in 11 years we have a world class team. That's how it works isn't it? :twisted:
In Wenger's mind, yes! - slow and steady wins the race :x :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Chippy wrote:I know, we buy one world class player a year and in 11 years we have a world class team. That's how it works isn't it? :twisted:
No you get 3-4 world class players and the rest raise their game to match them. Look what Suarez did for Sturridge and Sterling. Cech raises the standard of defence. BFG was world class, with Cech behind he'd be upping his game. Ozil, Sanchez world class. Probably short of world class midfielder. That would be the area.I can only think of cesc, yaya toure being a player who'd improve our midfield. If Chelski get Pogba, cesc will be dropped.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

No you get 3-4 world class players and the rest raise their game to match them. Look what Suarez did for Sturridge and Sterling. Cech raises the standard of defence. BFG was world class, with Cech behind he'd be upping his game. Ozil, Sanchez world class. Probably short of world class midfielder. That would be the area.I can only think of cesc, yaya toure being a player who'd improve our midfield. If Chelski get Pogba, cesc will be dropped.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

See - all you miserable bastards who said we wouldn't sign anyone

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... gn-6340867

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

SteveO 35 wrote:Its all UEFA's fault lads....

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Newcastle
Excuses are starting to flow the fact is we like having 200 mill in the bank and around 70 mill spare change for transfers and doing nothing with it it's the arsenal way

augie

Post by augie »

Stupid whinging b*stard - the man has no pride and feels no shame or embarrassment, when he complains about how unfair it all is :oops: :oops: Trying managing a club that has no money and then you will know what unfair is :roll: :evil: :evil:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:

Stupid whinging b*stard - the man has no pride and feels no shame or embarrassment, when he complains about how unfair it all is :oops: :oops: Trying managing a club that has no money and then you will know what unfair is :roll: :evil: :evil:

Like Jose :wink:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

I've cribbed this from a similar article where Wenger bemoans the death of FFP:

“It has gone,” he said. “I have seen the signs coming from Uefa for a while. I thought it would happen but now it is not possible. What’s happened is the clubs threatened to go to civil court – not only through sport. That brought a lot of insecurity in the decision-making of Uefa so they started to soften the rules a little bit."

Well, you were the only one. Very smart of you to base a decade's worth of policy on something that the world and his wife could have told wouldn't work.

Tool.