Emirates Visit

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: Emirates Visit

Post by robbo10 »

Monkeymaw wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:That's so great, man. Hope he has a brilliant day. In a similar place with my boy. He's 9 and just lives and breathes Arsenal now. Watches every game with me and his unpoisoned love of the team and the players is so pure and innocent I just love it tbh. Will be breaking my self imposed boycott and bringing him over this season. Gonna bring him down to highbury, the station, the tour, the museum, everything.
Exactly the same as me. I havent been since Utd 8-2 where I left before the end for the first time in my life. When I got back to the car I found myself blocked in by Utd fans so had to wait before getting out anyway.
I said I wasn't going over there again til Wenger was gone but the wife went and got me and my 2 daughters a stadium tour for Christmas,we're going sunday,I'm half looking forward to it and half not,my girls loved the Gunners from the moment they went to a Reading Carling Cup game years ago with me at Highbury,and I suppose I should be happy they stayed Gunners too,my oldest hates Wenger as much as I do!!

Monkeymaw

Post by Monkeymaw »

My boy is still buzzing from his first match yesterday. I got up at 06:30 today and he was already downstairs watching it on MOTD.
We got down to Highbury at 11 and walked around Highbury beforehand to take in the sites before taking him to the club shop. We walked all around the ground where he was reading everything he could about the players and even suprised me how much he already knew about older players/teams.
We had tickets in the East Upper and as soon as he sat in his seat he turned to me and said "Daddy, I could get used to this"
So glad they won the game to be a perfect day for both of us that we will both remember.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

glad you had a good day yesterday. "Buzzing" is not a word I would associate with yesterday but I suppose it is all about perspective :D

first positive reaction to the match I have read :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

just look at supporters faces here when the north bank, clockend chant is sang :banghead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOvFiVKjH2A

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Monkeymaw wrote:My boy is still buzzing from his first match yesterday. I got up at 06:30 today and he was already downstairs watching it on MOTD.
We got down to Highbury at 11 and walked around Highbury beforehand to take in the sites before taking him to the club shop. We walked all around the ground where he was reading everything he could about the players and even suprised me how much he already knew about older players/teams.
We had tickets in the East Upper and as soon as he sat in his seat he turned to me and said "Daddy, I could get used to this"
So glad they won the game to be a perfect day for both of us that we will both remember.
Glad you both had such a great time......might cost you a few bob if he does get used to it :lol: :barscarf:

Nodz172

Post by Nodz172 »

Well a lot has changed sine I wrote this. My wife lost her job so my trips have now been put on hold :( still glad got to take him and hopefully will go to the emirates cup for the day. Maybe a couple of games next season but not what I had planned.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

WOW....things are different here now eh :wink: