BRIGHTON AWAY - FA Cup 4th Round

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TheCook

Re: BRIGHTON AWAY - FA Cup 4th Round

Post by TheCook »

The only players that deserve a rest are Sanchez, Mertesacker and Cazorla - everyone else has been in and out of the team for various reasons over the last month. Possibly Kos too, depends on how the achilles is.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

TheCook wrote:The only players that deserve a rest are Sanchez, Mertesacker and Cazorla - everyone else has been in and out of the team for various reasons over the last month. Possibly Kos too, depends on how the achilles is.
agreed. start wally for sanchez and start ozil for cazorla. maybe play rosicky for ox since he might need a rest as well. chambers for the BFG and the rest of the team selects itself.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Wenker will tinker

essem

Post by essem »

Wallers needs a run out, he a senior squad mender so time for him to lead by example
Maybe give Ozzie a run out as well, shouldn't be too difficult for him against a team of fluffers

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm hoping that Wenger realises this is probably our only chance of Silverware again this season and actually plays a relatively strong side, we get 2 first half goals and he rests some players, 3-0 comfortably however with AW you just never know :D

remigardeshair

Post by remigardeshair »

There are still some deep divots/trenches on the pitch from when Santos played there (played in the very loosest sense of the word) so hopefully no one with turn an ankle.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Sczeney

Gibbs
Monreal
Chambers
Bellerin

Rosicky
Ozil
Walcott
Ramsey
Coq

Giroud

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TheCook wrote:The only players that deserve a rest are Sanchez, Mertesacker and Cazorla - everyone else has been in and out of the team for various reasons over the last month. Possibly Kos too, depends on how the achilles is.

Achilles !??? When the fuck did we sign him!? :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
agreed. start wally for sanchez and start ozil for cazorla. maybe play rosicky for ox since he might need a rest as well. chambers for the BFG and the rest of the team selects itself.

Sounds about right.

Step

Post by Step »

RE PUBS.
Your best bet is to get off AT Brighton station and drink there. There are a couple of great proper pubs there
- The Albert. Go right out of station and take first left down Trafalgar St (runs parallel to the station front). Pub is 20M down on your right and has Satellite for the early game.
- Battle of Trafalgar. Again right out of station and cross the road. Turn left then immediately right and the pub is on your right about 20M up. Nice pub but not sure if they welcome footy fans!
- Out of station go straight down Queens Road. Queens Head on your right about 30M down. Not brilliant but big.
- If you get there extra early and fancy a cheap pint don,t forget Wetherspoons which is straight down Queens Road to clock tower. Follow down towards seafront and its on your right.

I wouldn't bother with pubs 'close' to the ground. There are only 2 and they are crap.

Personally THE Albert is the best bet and you are right by the station for the rail link to Falmer.

remigardeshair

Post by remigardeshair »

I went in the Albert before the game last time and it was decent in there, plenty of Arsenal and friendly home fans.

One of the pubs relatively near to the ground is called The Hikers Rest - Avoid at all costs, and I mean all costs!

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I really hope Sanchez doesn't play in this, he must be wrecked at this stage, without the amount of football he has played.

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

BFG4 wrote:I really hope Sanchez doesn't play in this, he must be wrecked at this stage, without the amount of football he has played.
As loath as I am to quote Twitter, but on Monday morning I think he posted a pic of himself walking on a sandy beach - so he has possibly been sent away for a well earned break. You could even argue he could miss Villa too with minimal impact.

Sam59

Post by Sam59 »

Alexis had better not miss Villa - it's one I got a cheaper Red member ticket to. My main reason is wanting to see him play. With my luck, I'll get Welbeck and Wilshere :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TheCook wrote:
BFG4 wrote:I really hope Sanchez doesn't play in this, he must be wrecked at this stage, without the amount of football he has played.
As loath as I am to quote Twitter, but on Monday morning I think he posted a pic of himself walking on a sandy beach - so he has possibly been sent away for a well earned break. You could even argue he could miss Villa too with minimal impact.

Was his (Well Fit) Missus in the piccy? :-P :D :wink: