THE MIDDLESEX SWAMP DWELLERS AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: THE MIDDLESEX SWAMP DWELLERS AWAY THREAD

Post by Herd »

You only need to feed baba a scrap and he's off !
I dont care how I* just want to win ! :barscarf:
Que large sing song of I've got a foreskin haven't you !

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

the playing mantis wrote:
sure the c unts will probably beat us as their scummy players are always so up for it and our players sometimes aren't,
Funny, their fans see it as quite the opposite, or at least the clowns on glory did last year.Certainly the way that our players celebrated with the fans last year would seem to confirm that.

Theo especially will be well up for this game, fancy he could get a hat trick, their defence is pretty shite apart from their goalkeeper.

re Alexis, think him being an impact sub if fit could work well, with the game as it is I fear for his hamstring if he plays the full 90. Hs up for every game, and with the atmosphere as it is he could go too far into the red zone in this one.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:This game is going to show everyone just how useful / useless Coquelin truly is. Everyone saw how Eriksen mugged Matic off in that 5-3, and Matic is quite easily the best holding midfielder anywhere in Europe right now. So that doesn't bode well for Coquelin - although he might contain him. We've been told a lot about how Wenger is now adapting tactics, so I expect to see two banks of four, well structured when Arsenal don't have the ball. I also expect to never see the sight of Kane running at Mertesacker because that's a dead race. And I also would expect to not see Ozil skipping challenges, and the full-backs caught way up the pitch in ridiculous positions.
seriously wtf.

i didn't think u were a wum, but your ridiculous bigging up of Joe averages is bollox. Chelsea were awful against scum. completely off their game.

eriksen has scored a couple of free kicks and some last minute winners in games spurs were second best in against average sides and eriksen benefited from poor mistakes (jaz richards Swansea clearance or lack of for example), and kanes scored a load of goals in the league cup and against Cypriot part timers plus a few in the league, hes nothing special.

sure the c unts will probably beat us as their scummy fans and players are always so up for it and our players sometimes aren't, but we are not that good, but neither are they. with tactics and an astute manager we would dick them every time as man for man we are far better, bar the keeper, so no need to big them up more than they are.

i hate this game so much
Hmmmm. So according to your "logic" pointing out that Coquelin will be key to stopping Eriksen pulling the strings is "wum" behaviour. Hilarious! If you, yer know, have a basic clue about footie then you'd realise that Eriksen is the Spuds main threat. You'd also know, that he gave Matic the runaround. And Matic is the best DCM anywhere :roll:
You'd further realise, that he's scored more goals from open play than any other midfielder in the league. Look it up. So your "only scores free kicks" comment had proven how little you comprehend :oops:
It's honest to admit the opposition have players you should respect and Eriksen is one of them. Just as Sanchez is one for us.
Mind you, you must be one of those nappy-soilers who can only accept that all our players are the bestest eva eva! :roll:
There's also a hilarious irony in mentioning how they've got scrapes in games they've been average in, whilst overlooking our monumental scrapes at home to Palace, at Leicester, home to Hull, etc etc.
There's a reason there's only 2 pts separating both teams. And you then go and defeat your own bs argument by claiming "they'll probably win". Kane is also quite shit but curiously, he's scored more goals than any of our strikers, or indeed any if our squad :shock:
It's simply retarded to say he isn't going to be a threat. If he can mug a defender as good as Terry, I doubt Mertesacker will be daunting :rubchin: The point is, you need to prepare to snuff out their main threats, who gives a fuck if you rate them or not? They comprehensively thrashed a Mourinho managed team - we've not managed that in 10 years! we didn't beat them at home under this manager of theirs and he's shown he can do tactics. If the players go in with a shit-stained attitude of "we are just superior" then we'll get beat. You've made a fool of yourself with that factually retarded Eriksen comment so congrats!
Well done, here's a chupa chup lollipop for you. As retarded as a Spuds fans who claim Arsenal have "just one decent player" :roll:
Okay, enough with the abuse. Try answering a critic without throwing the childish insults around on almost every single post. We mods have been directed by the owners to try and tone down the abuse/in-fighting on here and whilst we don't want to mod the place to death, we have a duty of care to other users too. Too many threads are getting ruined by petty grudges, in-fighting, insults and abuse. None of us mind a couple of people having a row. It happens. But it becomes too much if it drags into lots of other threads or takes on a constant nature.

Personally, I'm convinced you are Babatunde returned, but at present we have no proof. I don't really care what you think about that tbh. So, tone it down a notch or I'll ban you. Temporarily at first. Permanent for repeat offending. Same as anyone else.

To other users, try answering each other without the constant aggressive insults and name calling a bit more often too, huh?

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

Anyways.... :shock:

What's the plan for Saturday? Pins first then tube down? Obviously early KO so wondering what time people are heading down.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:....
That's H in Morse Code ! C'mon Baba what you trying to say ?

Are you drowning! are you calling for 'Help'? or rather .... .-.. .- -. (?) ( ..- - ..)

:? :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:Anyways.... :shock:

What's the plan for Saturday? Pins first then tube down? Obviously early KO so wondering what time people are heading down.
Rip the Filth a New ONe then Laugh At The Fuckerrs as they leave early in their droves ! :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:....
That's H in Morse Code ! C'mon Baba what you trying to say ?

Are you drowning! are you calling for 'Help'? or rather .... .-.. .- -. (?) ( ..- - ..)

:? :lol:

I wouldn't have a clue about Morse code ,but I'd hazard a guess he's ranting about Wenger :D

Post by 1989 »

Hope the Coqster goes through that gormless *word censored* Harry Kane.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Ive not seen Kane as I refuse to ever watch them unless we are playing them and turn away if they are on the goggle !
Other people find that odd but I never let myself be polluted by such filth , It works for me .

I just think that if we apply ourselves and dont go off like headless chickens we will be all right. If Alexis isnt 100percent then leave him out because we can cover it .

RespectTheUmlaut

Post by RespectTheUmlaut »

you know the WUMs have taken over when there's almost 2 pages dedicated to the attributes of Christian Eriksen. He's an above average player and that means he won't be at the Scum for long just like any other above average player they've had. That sums it up in a sentence, methinks.

I think we'll win this one. I have a feeling that we'll be up for it as we are just starting to put a run together and I think our players know how important it is to do just that. If we're on form, we'll be too much for them. 1-3 to the Arsenal. :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

TheCook wrote:Best day of the season / worst day of the season

Sums it up perfectly for me too 8)

More often than not, these games comes down to which team plays with more commitment/passion - yes we are far better than them but then we have been far better than them for years and have still suffered some poor defeats in the shithole since we won the league there :(

I would be surprised if sanchez isnt fit for this game - yes he was "injured" last weekend for the villa game, but does nobody else think that he would have been available if we were playing a better team than villa ? :o He was supposed to be doing a fitness test last saturday morning, so if he was that close to playing last week then surely he would be available for saturday ?

I agree with DB when he said the other day that coquelin is a red card waiting to happen and I suspect that this is the game where it might happen. Funnily enough this is a game where I feel that a defensive midfielder isnt as crucial as other games IF we had the rest of the midfield contesting every 50/50 tackle with total conviction. Sadly that is rarely the case with our players so we frequently need a player to set the tone in midfield and to get the rest of the midfield fired up - whether coquelin can do that without getting himself sent off is up for debate, but he certainly is a far far better option that flamoney :roll:

Right now I would accept a draw but that is because I doubt that our players will match their passion and commitment, and they will certainly display far more of those traits than citeeh did a few weeks ago - if we match them in intensity then I would be very surprised if we dont win this game

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

RespectTheUmlaut wrote:you know the WUMs have taken over when there's almost 2 pages dedicated to the attributes of Christian Eriksen. He's an above average player and that means he won't be at the Scum for long just like any other above average player they've had. That sums it up in a sentence, methinks.

I think we'll win this one. I have a feeling that we'll be up for it as we are just starting to put a run together and I think our players know how important it is to do just that. If we're on form, we'll be too much for them. 1-3 to the Arsenal. :barscarf:
Good post. 8)

The Eriksen love-in from some people is hilarious tbh. He "mugged off" Matic a grand total of how many times? Oh, once. When Matic and the chav$ were clearly on a bad day at the office and the scum were clearly having one of the few days where it all clicked into place for them and that makes him some kind of superstar we should live in fear of?

:coffeespit:

For Eriksen I read Berbatov to a certain extent. Above average, has technical ability, has the odd game where they look world class (usually against relegation fodder or an off form top team - the chav$ for example) but most games are fairly ineffective and never take that step to the next level then leave the scum after a year or two.

He may well play a blinder on Saturday. Like Berbatov, he will have intermittent days like that. He is equally likely to be invisible. :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Agree with some points on Eriksen, disagree with others. think he is a decent player but his high point have been against lower teams. One thing I would agree with is his days at Tottenham are numbered, this summer or the next I can see him moving to a big club.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Like Herd, I don't know anything about the Swamp Dwellers or their so called stars Kane and Eriksen as I refuse to watch their games. But as they play for that lot I assume their a load of old shit 8)