THE MIDDLESEX SWAMP DWELLERS AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: THE MIDDLESEX SWAMP DWELLERS AWAY THREAD

Post by the playing mantis »

mertesacker is another issue. he can be a calming influence and out think the opposition, but in physical blood and thunder game, he cant cut it as for some reason he is so physically week.

he can be awful, he can be good, but that frailty means we will always have an issue of consistency.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Ray C wrote: For those who think Walcott would have helped today I think your dreaming. He would have bottled it long before the end. When the going gets tough he doesn't get going. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Did he once tread on your toe?
Because it seems you have a personal dislike of him rather than anything based on his football?

He is a big game player, what about when went 0-2 down to Spurs in 2012 then Walcott went and scored twice?
Or the League Cup final goal, the goal versus Barcelona, the amount of goals versus Chelsea, even further back the setting up of Adebayor's goals away to AC Milan and Liverpool.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

QuartzGooner wrote:
Ray C wrote: For those who think Walcott would have helped today I think your dreaming. He would have bottled it long before the end. When the going gets tough he doesn't get going. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Because it seems you have a personal dislike of him rather than anything based on his football?

He is a big game player, what about when went 0-2 down to Spurs in 2012 then Walcott went and scored twice?
Or the League Cup final goal, the goal versus Barcelona, the amount of goals versus Chelsea, even further back the setting up of Adebayor's goals away to AC Milan and Liverpool.
Also scored 3 goals in our last 4 matches in the 2012-2013 season. 2 were matchwinners and the other was against United. Without him, we might have very well finished below the scum.

manorhouse

Post by manorhouse »

Players like Giroud and Metersecker earning good money playing in a local derby they should be giving blood for the cause
I fucking care more than those fuckers....im pissed off they lost like that, its a fucking disgrace

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Fucking gutted but how embarrassing has their celebrations been :oops: small time c*nts

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

manorhouse wrote:Players like Giroud and Metersecker earning good money playing in a local derby they should be giving blood for the cause
I fucking care more than those fuckers....im pissed off they lost like that, its a fucking disgrace
Mertesacker admitted only a while ago that he wasn't motivated for our games after winning the world cup, so don't be expecting much of him. As for giving blood to the cause, this is the same guy that ducked in fear of being hit by the ball against Liverpool, so that is the level of players we have currently.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

BFG4 wrote:
manorhouse wrote:Players like Giroud and Metersecker earning good money playing in a local derby they should be giving blood for the cause
Mertesacker admitted only a while ago that he wasn't motivated for our games after winning the world cup, so don't be expecting much of him. As for giving blood to the cause, this is the same guy that ducked in fear of being hit by the ball against Liverpool, so that is the level of players we have currently.
Fascinating post considering your username. Time for a change? Would like to see Gabriel start alongside Kos on Tuesday.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

gp543 wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
Fascinating post considering your username. Time for a change? Would like to see Gabriel start alongside Kos on Tuesday.
I had huge respect for Mertesacker, and thought he seemed to get the club, and what it took to be an Arsenal player, but im not blinded enough that I cant see he has been shit this season, and to hear him saying he wasn't motivated really angered me, but I can always rebrand the initials to mean something else :).

augie

Post by augie »

Only seen the highlights last night for the first time so dont feel qualified to pass comment on the game as much as those who watched it live - watching a game when you already know the score (especially after a defeat :cry: ) is never quite the same for me so I dont pay as much attention as I usually do. A couple of things I did notice were -

1. Kos's marking for their winner was shocking BUT, where was the pressure on the cross ? If I get that much time to get my head up and pick out a man, then I could be pinpoint with the cross too :roll: People rightly laud the citeeh game, but our players and manager have never grasped the concept of needing to press and hassle their opponents in every single fcuking game :evil: Maybe the players closed down the citeeh players more because of respect for their ability and maybe they didnt believe that the scum were good enough to break them down, but arrogance is an awful weakness in our club and continues to hamper our results and performances

2. Our tactical set up is as flawed now as it was before we played citeeh - if bellerin (or whichever full back plays either side) is getting exposed on the wings, we have never adapted to change the system and formation to give them any protection :roll: In swansea we hung chambers out to dry and on saturday we did it with bellerin and while we might of gotten away with it if we had lauren or lee dixon at full back, we will not get away with it with kids playing at right back and all we are doing is killing their confidence by allowing them to be destroyed every time we face a team that targets our wings :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Okay. I've banned Derek Acorah for 7 days for taking the piss on this thread. He's been mostly respectful on here since he joined and tbh we don't mind fans of other clubs posting on here (bar the scum obviously) if they are respectful. But he went too far taking the piss on this thread of all threads. But it's not enough for a permanent ban IMHO. Repeat offense would be though.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

QuartzGooner wrote:

One thing he would have added was a bit of bloody pace because watching that was like a throwback to a few seasons back with Arshavin playing one side and the buck toothed lesbian on the other, and a complete lack of any urgency or tempo.

The swamp dwellers deserved to win - no two ways about it. By Tuesday night we'll back above them and by May we'll be 4th......and so the never ending story takes its latest boring non-twist

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Whilst I totally agree we were set up wrong by Wenger I would also agree that certain players were shocking on Saturday.

The Big German Vagina was very poor - what the fuck was it with chesting the ball and giving away posession? Just clear it you big Vadge!! :x

Ramsey has been awful all season. He was appalling on Saturday. Every touch was heavy. His passing was shocking. He looked out of form and just plain shit. He now seems to be a hinderence to the players around him. I'm really starting to believe he has had his "Rob Lee season" last season and that's that. :|

Santi has been great lately but he was shit on Saturday. As was Kos for their winner. Welbeck isn't match fit and needs 18 touches to control a ball anyway.

Thought Coq did ok considering he was basically a one man midfield.

I felt sorry for Giroud. Yeah he isn't fast but he was isolated up front. In fainess to him, he won the vast majority of pointless hit-and-hope balls we lobbed at him (once with 5 scum around him) but where then is the second phase of that attack? He wins it, knocks it down and who is running onto it? No one. Giroud is not a lone striker. Never will be. He is slightly above average as a striker in the PL but no world beater. In the right system, he might get 20 PL goals a year but in this current set up? Never.

So yeah the players let us down. But then why do we pay Arsene £8million a year? Is it not his job to look at the players and then take off poor performers like Santi and Rambo when there is still enough time left to change the game effectively? Is it not his job to set up right to begin with? I saw we were starting with Santi, Ramsey, Ozil and Welbeck away from home at the scum and thought "we will lose here". I saw that we were letting the scum have too much posession, too much time and were too often inviting them onto us. I saw that Rambo and Santi were total shit and needed to be dragged off early. Now, I've not had Wenger's 30 years in football but I could see all of that. Why couldn't Wenger? Why sit there arms crossed looking frustrated? Why not make the changes that needed to be made?

Wenger must take the majority of the blame for this loss.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

One other thing. Why didn't the scum play this Eriksen genius I've been hearing about? Surely the North London Messi should have got a game? :shock:

Was he injured? :rubchin:

Thank God he didn't play or we'd have lost 15-0.

:lol: :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:Okay. I've banned Derek Acorah for 7 days for taking the piss on this thread. He's been mostly respectful on here since he joined and tbh we don't mind fans of other clubs posting on here (bar the scum obviously) if they are respectful. But he went too far taking the piss on this thread of all threads. But it's not enough for a permanent ban IMHO. Repeat offense would be though.

I agree with that part - he took the piss once and it was at a time when our wounds were quite raw, but lets not go all precious (I'm talking about us posters not DB10 and the mods) and ott because we all enjoy taking the piss and would probably have flooded the glory glory website had we of won. Tbh I quite like some posters of our clubs being on here as it brings something different and an alternative perspective on all things football
That being said a temporary ban would probably be for the best here 8)

manorhouse

Post by manorhouse »

The Buck stops at Mr Wenger, end off