The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

Post by DB10GOONER »

EC3 wrote:Reading some of these posts it would seem some posters think Arsenal are playing Barcelona rather than Aston Villa.

Have a look at the league table, where did Villa finish.

As for current form, didn't Southampton just beat Villa 6-1, yes that's right 6-1!!!!

Sherwood a tactical genius?......do me a favour he plays one way, high energy attacking game, perfect for Arsenal.

If we were playing the Dog & Duck most on here would make a case for Arsenal losing.

This won't be an easy match and I wouldn't expect a game against a premiership or even a championship team to be easy, but I expect Arsenal to win the final against Villa.
You are totally over-reading the comments. It's not fear of Villa but fear of the inconsistency of The Arsenal. We could turn up and do them 6-0 or we could just as likely lose 1-2 after getting bogged down in a tippy tappy session 20 yards out from their goal. A cup final has nothing to do with PL form either. It's on the day, it's down to who is up for it, a stroke of luck or a bad refereeing decision. No one said Timmy The Lone Hero is a tactical genius, but Timmy does do tactics - he'll change it up where it needs to be changed and when it needs to be changed, Arsene will make his standard subs on 70 minutes no matter how the game is going. :roll: :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilko49er wrote:
EC3 wrote:Reading some of these posts it would seem some posters think Arsenal are playing Barcelona rather than Aston Villa.

Have a look at the league table, where did Villa finish.

As for current form, didn't Southampton just beat Villa 6-1, yes that's right 6-1!!!!

Sherwood a tactical genius?......do me a favour he plays one way, high energy attacking game, perfect for Arsenal.

If we were playing the Dog & Duck most on here would make a case for Arsenal losing.

This won't be an easy match and I wouldn't expect a game against a premiership or even a championship team to be easy, but I expect Arsenal to win the final against Villa.
Yeah and last year was Hull and we nearly fucked that up.
Bang on. I still say if Alex Bruce had stayed on that pitch we would have lost. He was MOTM until he got crocked. The media and pundits expected us to blow Hull away and we really struggled to beat them. Cup final is all about the day, nothing to do with PL form.

EC3

Post by EC3 »

I would suggest finishing third is an indication that Arsenal generally turn up.

Villa finishing wherever they will is an indication that they have a problem turning up week after week.

A tricky game, but for me Arsenal firm favourites.

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

Is it my computer or has the live link to the seating plan vanished?

markyp

Post by markyp »

Benteke versus BFG,i think this is one of the reasons villa could do us,never under estimate villa,plus an emerging Grealish,anyone thinks this is gonna be a stroll is deluded,its a one off,league positons mean fuck all.our attitude of just turn up and think we will get a result pees me off,nobody remember Monaco?? :shock:

navangooner

Post by navangooner »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:Is it my computer or has the live link to the seating plan vanished?

Don't think it's your computer. It's gone the same on mine. Just has a little X where the picture should be

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

EC3 wrote:I would suggest finishing third is an indication that Arsenal generally turn up.

Villa finishing wherever they will is an indication that they have a problem turning up week after week.

Being firm favourites doesn't seem to suit us in cup finals.

Most Gooners are saying that Villa will be up for it, work their socks off, not give us a moment on the ball.

We may well turn up for a stroll about, go a goal down before we put any effort in, thinking (or being instructed) just be patient and the chances will come. Have a fucking go at them form the off, set the tone of the game with fast, attacking football and they shouldn't be able to live with us - 3-0 and 5-0 results this season show that we are the better team - we have to match their endeavour !!

Let them sit back and defend deep while we fanny about just plays into their hands.

Any money on which we will do ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

EC3 wrote:I would suggest finishing third is an indication that Arsenal generally turn up.

About 50 - 60% of the time...20- 25% of the time we get lucky...the remaining % we don't and get rolled over - until wenger gets in someone whom he will allow to do tactics and organise the team around the style of play (which can be breath taking at times) he has instilled via endless hours of tippy, tappy close quarters play in training - AND Buys the ready made players we have been needing for 6 seasons - GK, CB, DMF, Striker - we will not improve those figures....sad but oh! so true.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

have they sent tickets out yet? :barscarf:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

BournemouthRED wrote:have they sent tickets out yet? :barscarf:
They're leaving them under your seat before today's game mate. :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

EC3 wrote: If we were playing the Dog & Duck most on here would make a case for Arsenal losing.

They've been in very good form recently :)

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Midz wrote:
EC3 wrote: If we were playing the Dog & Duck most on here would make a case for Arsenal losing.

They've been in very good form recently :)
"The Dog and Duck defended very well. Perhaps we played a little bit with the handbrake on. It was an illusory domination."

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

BournemouthRED wrote:have they sent tickets out yet? :barscarf:
Yep got mine yesterday. Apparently Ticketmaster are sending them out Block by Block. If you haven't recevied them by Thursday you need to ring the club

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

so baring any knocks from today's game I expect the line up to be.

Schezsczsney

Bellerin BFG Kos Monreal

Jack Coq au vin

Theo Ozil Sanchez

Giroud

Subs
Ospina
Gibbs
Gabriel
Ox
Santi
Ramsey
Welbeck

Gives us loads of options form the bench, (not sure if Welbeck is going to make it)

Step

Post by Step »

As usual we'll make a right meal of it if Mr Bean/Wenger goes defensive again.

If Theo doesn't start then we deserve all we get.

A pedestrian performance such as those V Swansea and Utd will see us in big trouble.

Very refreshing today to see Theo and Wilshere adding that fiz and pace.

If we go at them from the off we could destroy them before H/T. If not we will not score before H/T and the struggle will develop as it always does against teams we should beat.

The logic says start with THEO and Jack. The Illogical clueless Wenger will probably revert to Ramsey and Giroud.#

You have been warned!