Swansea Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Swansea Thread

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Rodders and I will not be denied our mushroom cloud celebration of the 4th placed trophy and a lap of appreciation against the Baggies

I'm already reaching for my fly

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

TO1AW
Sunday tea time I shall mostly be pulling my plonk to the sight of a league table that will see us proudly perched on 4th spot. Someone start a champions league qualifying round thread please, who might we get?
Someone who we claim will be "tricky opponents" but whom our only 11 fit first team players will beat hence ensuring 3 months of Vic Reeves style trouser rubbing as we qualify for that exciting thrill a minute CL Group stage. Pass me the baby wipes

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Please let it be olympiakos :roll:

Really looking forward to next years title challenge. Fucking idiot.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I wonder if we will finish 2nd in the Group.......hmmmm

Herd

Post by Herd »

Great chance to cement a top 3 place and its CHOKE time !
Same old Arsenal same old Arsene !

Agent Sherwood will be watching that one I expect much of the same at Wembley !

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Thankfully, due to the CL qualifier Arsene won't have to bother with such annoyances like acting early in the transfer market....we cannot complete any signings until we've negotiated our safe passage to annual last 16 elimination :barscarf: :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Herd wrote:Great chance to cement a top 3 place and its CHOKE time !
Same old Arsenal same old Arsene !

Agent Sherwood will be watching that one I expect much of the same at Wembley !
Sums it up well really.

It does seem typical.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Arsenal show how to keep possession.

Swansea show how to win a game.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:I wonder if we will finish 2nd in the Group.......hmmmm
Top after the first 3 games and cruising.......

augie

Post by augie »

Regardless of what players line up, if a team does not play with any tempo then it will always make it easy for the opposition to nullify them :roll: Why is the CIC unable to motivate his players to play in games like this and against teams like Swansea ? Playing sideward and backwards lazy football has never worked for us and it never will, so its up to the CIC in change things up both in personnel and tactics but wenker continues to be found wanting in these situations :roll: :x

Ramsey was dogshite tonight but so too was sanchez - if there was a wrong decision or wrong turn to take tonight, then sure as night follows day sanchez was gonna take it :roll:
Giroud again showed why he is not a top level striker as he was anonymous for most of the game - the thing that pisses me off most with our "strikers" (it applies to sanchez and wally too) is that they seem to be taken in by this whole "total football" gameplan and they continually drop deep and move around to the wings in an attempt to link up the game :roll: Strikers need to be in the area where most goals are scored and they need to be the focal point of the team

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I've said it a few times now but we really lack width, too many players getting forward down the side then needlessly cutting back inside where teams have 2 banks of 4 and just nullify the space or wait for our players to do it to themselves, how many times were 3 of our players trying to occupy the same blade of grass.

When teams sit back and defend with 2 solid banks of four the only way to beat them is with pace or down the side and cross it, both of which are abilities we seriously lack, and even if we could get the ball across there is no-one except Olivier 'careful i dont mess my hair up' who can challenge for it.

Oh well that's what 30 years experience and £8M a year get you, roll on next season for more of the same :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:Regardless of what players line up, if a team does not play with any tempo then it will always make it easy for the opposition to nullify them :roll: Why is the CIC unable to motivate his players to play in games like this and against teams like Swansea ? Playing sideward and backwards lazy football has never worked for us and it never will, so its up to the CIC in change things up both in personnel and tactics but wenker continues to be found wanting in these situations :roll: :x

Ramsey was dogshite tonight but so too was sanchez - if there was a wrong decision or wrong turn to take tonight, then sure as night follows day sanchez was gonna take it :roll:
Giroud again showed why he is not a top level striker as he was anonymous for most of the game - the thing that pisses me off most with our "strikers" (it applies to sanchez and wally too) is that they seem to be taken in by this whole "total football" gameplan and they continually drop deep and move around to the wings in an attempt to link up the game :roll: Strikers need to be in the area where most goals are scored and they need to be the focal point of the team
Finally, someone else has recognised how often Sanchez loses possession. Can't take corners either. Ozil needs to take the lead more often over Sanchez. The way to beat teams that set up like this is to shoot from distance. Lampard scored 200 goals because of deflections. Theo was in there but showed his lack of match sharpness. Also, he's not a goal poacher, we needed podolski tonight. Theo will be better used through the middle at OT on Sunday as they play with a high back line. Swansea set up on the 6 yard box and every shot went straight to flappy who didn't drop the ball once and deserved his motm. We need a world class keeper and striker and this game highlighted those needs more than ever.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:Regardless of what players line up, if a team does not play with any tempo then it will always make it easy for the opposition to nullify them :roll: Why is the CIC unable to motivate his players to play in games like this and against teams like Swansea ? Playing sideward and backwards lazy football has never worked for us and it never will, so its up to the CIC in change things up both in personnel and tactics but wenker continues to be found wanting in these situations :roll: :x

Finally, someone else has recognised how often Sanchez loses possession. Can't take corners either. Ozil needs to take the lead more often over Sanchez. The way to beat teams that set up like this is to shoot from distance. Lampard scored 200 goals because of deflections. Theo was in there but showed his lack of match sharpness. Also, he's not a goal poacher, we needed podolski tonight. Theo will be better used through the middle at OT on Sunday as they play with a high back line. Swansea set up on the 6 yard box and every shot went straight to flappy who didn't drop the ball once and deserved his motm. We need a world class keeper and striker and this game highlighted those needs more than ever.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Giroud is a crap striker & Feo is a little crap striker. If only we had Lousis 'The Barcelona Biter' things would have been so different this year. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Ramsey had one days training all week and he plays him, there really was no need with Walcott and Wilshere ready, he had a bad game but was it right to play him?

That first half was terrible, no urgency at all, wouldn't have thought 2nd was up for grabs and suits the club to finish 4th so they can fuck about all Summer because we need to play the qualifier before we move.

This is typical Arsenal, lose to United and lose to Sunderland (who need the points more than we do) and we've made a complete mess of it, fear the cup final because these players will buckle.

markyp

Post by markyp »

gomis is the new drogba,he will score every time he plays against us :shock: