Jack Wilshere

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Jack Wilshere: Over-Rated?

Post by DB10GOONER »

Supagoon wrote:You're right Ramsey had the Midas touch last season, but I reckon he is a really a fantastic player and that is what he is capable of.

That was the guy we started to see before his leg breaking injury, and honestly reckon he'll keep scoring and running this team. Frankly the only reason we'll drop him is because he is tired and needs a breather.

His form dipped before is muscle injury last season because he was ran into the ground by the professor. We need people like jack to start performing so we can afford to rest the likes of Ramsey so we can unleash him on the big boys.
Agreed with all of that, mate. But by it's very nature the PL alone will run most players into the ground (and that's without an FA Cup or CL run) and my worry remains; will he be capable of maintaining that high level for a whole season? I hope so, but I also doubt it... :|

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Tony Adams: "Wilshere is in danger of not fulfilling his potential - his career could be over in the blink of an eye".
11:43pm - 8 Aug 14

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

2 predictions - Wilshere to have a Ramsey like resurgence this year. Ramsey to get just a little bit full of himself - already showing signs that he thinks his shit doesn't stink. Playing very well but we don't need him to become one of those bigger than the club (in their own mind) blokes.

Post by 1989 »

:?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Swifty wrote:2 predictions - Wilshere to have a Ramsey like resurgence this year. Ramsey to get just a little bit full of himself - already showing signs that he thinks his shit doesn't stink. Playing very well but we don't need him to become one of those bigger than the club (in their own mind) blokes.
Thing is, little jackie wilshite has been like that since a friendly against a shite Brazil side.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

goonersid wrote:
Swifty wrote:2 predictions - Wilshere to have a Ramsey like resurgence this year. Ramsey to get just a little bit full of himself - already showing signs that he thinks his shit doesn't stink. Playing very well but we don't need him to become one of those bigger than the club (in their own mind) blokes.
Thing is, little jackie wilshite has been like that since a friendly against a shite Brazil side.
I certainly think Jack has a higher opinion of himself than Ramsey does of himself.
I don't see this being the case with Ramsey. He seems a pretty down to earth lad.

If yesterday is anything to go by we are in for another excellent season from the young daff muncher.
I'm actually feeling quite optimistic as although Citeh were far from full strength we looked fresh and confident. I think winning the FA Cup last season has done wonders for the teams self belief.

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
goonersid wrote:
I certainly think Jack has a higher opinion of himself than Ramsey does of himself.
I don't see this being the case with Ramsey. He seems a pretty down to earth lad.

If yesterday is anything to go by we are in for another excellent season from the young daff muncher.
I'm actually feeling quite optimistic as although Citeh were far from full strength we looked fresh and confident. I think winning the FA Cup last season has done wonders for the teams self belief.
Yes, Jack seems to have bought the hype and seems to want to create an image like Beckham.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Feck me, flog him off as well- brilliant idea :rubchin: :lol: :lol:

Post by 1989 »

Quality yesterday. Needs to keep it up now.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:Quality yesterday. Needs to keep it up now.
Did you think so? I thought he had some good touches (like he always does to some extent) but was a bit in and out of the game tbh. Also, the falling over and whining at the ref seems to have gotten worse. Watch the build up to all 3 goals. Jack is actually on the ground for all 3! :lol:

I like him. I want him to succeed with us, but he needs to progress now, he needs to beef up and man up, make the right choices and get his head down and work. It still sickens me that the ginger mutant Scholes called it on Jack and he was right. To this stage anyway... :|

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Did you think so? I thought he had some good touches (like he always does to some extent) but was a bit in and out of the game tbh. Also, the falling over and whining at the ref seems to have gotten worse. Watch the build up to all 3 goals. Jack is actually on the ground for all 3! :lol:

I like him. I want him to succeed with us, but he needs to progress now, he needs to beef up and man up, make the right choices and get his head down and work. It still sickens me that the ginger mutant Scholes called it on Jack and he was right. To this stage anyway... :|

But you have to admit for the second goal he does start the move and in a competitive game the ref after the goal would have booked the sh*tty player as it was a bad foul.

Watch the game again,he doesn't complain over any of the fouls. He stays down longer for one the ref ignores but all the others he gets pulled up by the offender or team mates and gets on with it.

For me and most,he still has a lot to prove this season but he isn't Rambo in character and I don't expect him to be nor do I give a sh*t if gets Billy big bo**ocks so long as he backs it up with performances and bins the social media cr*p.

The only type of twitter account he should aspire to have is Poldi's. Nothing controversial,bit bonkers and quite often hilarious.

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

He's kind of got off twitter though, not as active as he was.

Jack does get kicked alot thought, noticed it again against City. He played well Sunday, played deeper and pushed forward. I think he'll have a big season this year.

Post by 1989 »

DB10GOONER wrote:

He hardly fell over. Very good performance I thought, was calm in possession and didn't run into blind alleys which has been guilty of in recent times.

Here's a compilation of his performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0EaV39-ejI

More of the same please Jack.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

If Ramsey is getting more self confident it can only be good. I think it helps rather than hinders his performances. From what I have seen, he and Gibbs (who seem to be close), are real pros who just want to play football, he won't get distracted by short skirts and flashing lights like other players would.

Wilshere was good against City, but that wasn't city's midfield at full throttle. You saw how Silva's introduction put us on the back foot, so lets hope that Jack remains determined to prove his many doubters wrong.

Step

Post by Step »

Totally agree with Gooner Sid.

The guy showed promise at the start buit he has started acting (as Big tone would say) like 'Charlie Big Potatoes'

Unfortunately he reminds me of David Bently. A bit too full of himself and his apparent greatness.(not quite such a knob though but showing signs he may be).

This season should tell us a lot but in my opinion its a media creation. If he wasn't English no one would give him a second glance.