Swap For Cech

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Which Players Should Not Be Included In A Deal For Cech ?

Gibbs
3%
Chambers
1%
Coquelin
10%
Wally
12%
The Ox
17%
Ramsey
17%
Wilshere
16%
Wellbeck
4%
Bellerin
10%
Chesney
9%

Total votes: 99

augie

Swap For Cech

Post by augie »

The rumour has it that the chavs don't want to sell Cech to us unless we include a homegrown player in the deal - of course the story could be bullshit on so many levels but, IF the story was accurate, which players should we refuse to allow to leave ? Obviously I am only including the main candidates for such a trade and I (think) the poll is set up to allow everyone to vote for 3 players that they class as indispensable - on a personal level, the 3 players I would not want included in the deal would be wilshere, the ox and probably ramsey, but I know that some rate wally and bellerin higher.

I Hate Hleb

Re: Swap For Cech

Post by I Hate Hleb »

None of them.

Is Coq classified as 'homegrown'? :?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If I had to chose 3 id go with Ramsey, Coq and Bellerin.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if Gibbs, Chez or Chambers were part of the deal to be honest. The rest id want to stay.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Send Scezeney, Gibbs and Chambers and be done with it.

Scezeney would be the obvious swap as it replaces a no 2 for them.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Tell him bollocks , take Cech for the money and tell him to swivel about breaking our squad. It's all posturing Abramovic will have the final say.

jonny3110

Post by jonny3110 »

Chambers?!! :shock: Flaming hell, think he'll have a great future at the club! Only been with us one season and what I've seen been very happy with him! Wouldn't swap any of them, no way, either take the cash and we'll have him or leave it. Think the success of the club in FA cup of late and needed moving forwards is the core of players like Gibbs, Theo, Ramsey, Ox etc all been there for a good few years and actually get on! You could see the poison before with Nasri, Ade, Bendtner, Song etc.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Think this is brinkmanship by Chavs ...if a player was to go then it should be Szczesney..no one else.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

None of them. The classless chavs still owe us for cashley being tapped up.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

rodders999 wrote:If I had to chose 3 id go with Ramsey, Coq and Bellerin.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if Gibbs, Chez or Chambers were part of the deal to be honest. The rest id want to stay.
Would you have said this 3 months ago when Monreal was a walking disaster?

Chambers is a young player, who could make the grade more as a Centre Back than a right back. Chesney, I cannot stand him as a human being but if I had a choice I wouldn't give the chavs him or any of our players.

Shouldn't there be an option for none of the above?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:If I had to chose 3 id go with Ramsey, Coq and Bellerin.

Would you have said this 3 months ago when Monreal was a walking disaster?

Chambers is a young player, who could make the grade more as a Centre Back than a right back. Chesney, I cannot stand him as a human being but if I had a choice I wouldn't give the chavs him or any of our players.

Shouldn't there be an option for none of the above?
Personally I don't think either are good enough. Gibbs is injury and error prone and Monreal despite a massive improvement this season can get beaten all too easily at times, especially by a ball stood up to the back post.

Also from the list I really do rate Wally, the Ox, Jack and Welbz but as they always seem to be 5 minutes away from their next injury they didn't make my cut.

shu

Post by shu »

the last time we did a swap with Chelsea we got Gallas and they got Ashley Cole which was a disaster.

Watch Wenger let jack go and Chelsea pair him up with Fabregas !!!!!

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

What's this being based on, Chelsea giving us money AND Cech?

augie

Post by augie »

kiwomya wrote:What's this being based on, Chelsea giving us money AND Cech?

Based on a rumour that they want one of our home-grown players as part of any deal - at the very start of this thread I recognised the possibility that it could be another bullshit rumour, but I wanted to know where the fans on here stood if the rumour did have substance.

Have to say that I am surprised at some of the voting to date - a lot of the time on here you would think that wilshere isnt wanted/respected by most Gooners, but I am happy to see that is not the case because personally I would hate to see him or the ox leave. The conundrum I have with wilshere (and it also applies to ramsey) is that I dont feel that he is strong enough to play in the middle of midfield in a 4-4-2 system, but at the same time I dont ever think that we will get the best of the ox unless he is played wide in a 4-4-2. I know that people will disagree with both statements re suitability of these players for certain positions, but I have long since argued that our buying policy is haphazard at best as it rarely seems to consider a potential signings suitability to the system le cock uses :roll:

I'm not that surprised that people voted for bellerin in their top 3 - football nowadays seems to be rife with the "what have you done for me lately" mentality and to be fair to bellerin he really impressed over the past few months 8) That being said, I still think that he has yet to be really challenged and I would rather wait before annointing him as our best right full, much less one of our more important players. Even as I'm typing that, I am asking myself if the position and role he plays is that important that we cant do without him ?? :?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

11 million thats it nothing else, any pissing around deal is off, we are THE ARSENAL they are classless mugs, who had to buy anything they got using money stolen from the Russian people, in the form of natural resources

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Tell Chelsea and The Russian to fuck right off,they can keep Cech,why cant we get a keeper from elsewhere,dont fucking bow down to these horrible cun7s,having said that I can imagine Le Clown embarrassing Arsenal yet again and pandering to Jose and looking like a c*nt as usual. :banghead: