WEST HAM HOME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: WEST HAM HOME THREAD

Post by Bradywasking »

What was worse (if that is possible) than the defeat was the repetition of all the mistakes and frustrations of the last few seasons. That they were collective and individual repetitions makes it worse. Ramsey's need to score, Ramsey's tendency to overplay the ball, Mert's ability to make a mistake, Ozil looking like he wishes he was elsewhere , Theo being ineffective when we want/need something from him. Ox , possibly our best player, getting caught in possession. and sadly our goalkeeper gifting two goals.
I didn't buy into the " We're gonna win the league " hype but I did expect an indication that we maybe were moving on as a team. Sadly there was no such thing today and watching our manager doesn't fill me with confidence that it is going to happen .

Few points here (1) ..off hand I cannot remember how many games we play before window shuts, or how many points that may be dropped before then..so why oh why not do the transfer business before the season starts. ? Not saying we will do business by the way.
(2) If , as the commentator said "Wenger wants to give player's the maximum rest after a summer tournament" why name the player in question as a sub ?. He came on and despite his usual effort he looked knackered.
(3) Is there possibly a more irritating person in this world as Niall Quinn ?

mojokickin

Post by mojokickin »

hartson wrote:arsenal will finish lowest london club. it will underline that chelsea are the bigger club now unfortunately

i know football existed before prem was invented but literally nobody cares about then

the champions league places going down to forth has destroyed our ambition
WUM.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Phew.
Am I glad that I went to the coast today,,,,,,,,without a radio. 25 degrees and lovely.
I had a great day.
Fuck Wenger and his persistent accidents.

WENGER OUT

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I guess when you start to believe hype, and things don't go to plan it's even more disappointing. That's how I feel today.

Don't really wan't to analyse the game to be honest in any detail apart from why was Giroud our starting front man. I honestly believed that Wenger's selection of Wally for the cup final was a refreshing change, and should have continued today.

West Ham seem to have done some good business in the transfer window, and unearthed a new young gem. Fair play to them they played out of their skins.

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

When does the FA cup start?.Only 6 games to win v under strengthed and championship teams.Another season of papering over the cracks

To all those mugs who thought signing a keeper would win us the league welcome to reality not fantasy football

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

Well what a load of crap they served up today, never been a wenger fan so not surprised but brother in law a spammer so going to get loads of stick when he comes back from hols in france, lets hope he gets back without an illegal clinging to his motor to be fair the dirty spammers deserved to win that says it all!

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

Well what a load of crap they served up today, never been a wenger fan so not surprised but brother in law a spammer so going to get loads of stick when he comes back from hols in france, lets hope he gets back without an illegal clinging to his motor to be fair the dirty spammers deserved to win that says it all!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Why do we start every season so shit? Nobody expects us to be firing on all cylinders first game of the season but that's five seasons in a row now that we have been complete and utter garbage on the first day.

For all Wengers chat about not being able to give teams like Chelsea a head start we sure look fucking underprepared.

markyp

Post by markyp »

the most shocking thing was Sanchez being chucked on to try and salvage it,god the blokes only been back a week and looked like a toddler wearing lead boots running in toffee,bloody comedy,THERES ONLY ONE :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

northbank123 wrote:Why do we start every season so shit? Nobody expects us to be firing on all cylinders first game of the season but that's five seasons in a row now that we have been complete and utter garbage on the first day.

For all Wengers chat about not being able to give teams like Chelsea a head start we sure look fucking underprepared.
I think that baffles Wenger too. And that's half the problem; he genuinely has now answer, let alone know how to fix it.

Last years excuse was the world cup; this year it's West Ham's Europa Cup campaign; next year it'll be the Euro's. The truth is the problem is Wenger. :|

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

markyp wrote:the most shocking thing was Sanchez being chucked on to try and salvage it,god the blokes only been back a week and looked like a toddler wearing lead boots running in toffee,bloody comedy,THERES ONLY ONE :barscarf:
Unfortunately much as I love him, Sanchez only made things worse, as he was trying to do too much himself and often ignored the easy option.

Another groundhog season awaits :barscarf:

Step

Post by Step »

As said before this game was a classic case where Wenger did not respect the opposition. I bet no tactics were discussed /employed. The instruction would have been just go out and do your stuff and you will win.

Bouldy's face on the bench says it all for me. He is almost permanently biting his lip. He has so much to give but obviously is not being allowed too much in-put due to the pig headedness of the outdated one.

Full credit to West Ham. They did their homework and completely controlled the game.

On another matter I thought Arsenal and its fans were supposed to be all about Class. The booing of 16 year old Oxford by some of the Chavy Arsenal Morons really was pathetic. Grow up. He put far more into his display than the majority of our over pampered team but of course you couldn't possibly see that. We will soon be viewed in the same way that Chelski are (Classless Chavs) if this sort of attitude continues.

Depressing all round!

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

nut flush gooner wrote:I guess when you start to believe hype, and things don't go to plan it's even more disappointing. That's how I feel today.

Don't really wan't to analyse the game to be honest in any detail apart from why was Giroud our starting front man. I honestly believed that Wenger's selection of Wally for the cup final was a refreshing change, and should have continued today.

West Ham seem to have done some good business in the transfer window, and unearthed a new young gem. Fair play to them they played out of their skins.
Echo every point here, thought the Cup Final and Charity Shield was a sign that Wenger had given up on the lump, not sure what Walcott has done wrong in the last few games to drop out for him today but it's no coincidence that we were back to out ploddy and predictable self.

Also bought into the hype, went there thinking the league was there for the taking, left knowing it will be a battle for 3rd/4th.

The Knowing One

Post by The Knowing One »

Bradywasking wrote:What was worse (if that is possible) than the defeat was the repetition of all the mistakes and frustrations of the last few seasons. That they were collective and individual repetitions makes it worse. Ramsey's need to score, Ramsey's tendency to overplay the ball, Mert's ability to make a mistake, Ozil looking like he wishes he was elsewhere , Theo being ineffective when we want/need something from him. Ox , possibly our best player, getting caught in possession. and sadly our goalkeeper gifting two goals.
I didn't buy into the " We're gonna win the league " hype but I did expect an indication that we maybe were moving on as a team. Sadly there was no such thing today and watching our manager doesn't fill me with confidence that it is going to happen .

Few points here (1) ..off hand I cannot remember how many games we play before window shuts, or how many points that may be dropped before then..so why oh why not do the transfer business before the season starts. ? Not saying we will do business by the way.
(2) If , as the commentator said "Wenger wants to give player's the maximum rest after a summer tournament" why name the player in question as a sub ?. He came on and despite his usual effort he looked knackered.
(3) Is there possibly a more irritating person in this world as Niall Quinn ?
1. Wenger will sail as close to disaster as possible it's like he gets a kick out of being contrary, hence he won't be pressured to sign anyone
2. In case of being desparate for goal, which is what happened
3. Michael Owen

Midz

Post by Midz »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Natural Born Gooner wrote:Seriously can't be arsed moaning anymore. Really enjoyed the summer break with no Arsenal to piss me off :evil: :roll:
I feel absolutely the same way. I'm so sick, tired and bored of Arsenal under Wanker.
best post in this thread. following Arsenal is about getting pissed and having a laugh with your mates above watching the match for me these days
Same here!