THE BOARD - Kroenke, Usmanov and Finance

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mojokickin

Re: USMANOV/DEIN/HILL-WOOD - allegations etc

Post by mojokickin »

DB10GOONER wrote:I think we just have to accept that we got the shit cheap-bastard pimp out of all these billionaire pimps buying clubs. :roll:
Spot on. The cheapest bastard ever

georgeknows89

Re: USMANOV/KROENKE/DEIN/HILL-WOOD/THE BOARD etc

Post by georgeknows89 »

Usmanov hasn't even gone beyond first gear yet.

The point made regarding keeping the shares for 'our family members to benefit for generations to come" is very important.

For Kroenke to 'do a Glazer" he has to get to 75 % but what Usmanov is saying is that will never happen and the hope now is that from all angles we can wear him down , abuse him etc and then get him to throw the towel in knowing he cannot do what he wanted to do

Re: Alisher Usmanov criticises Arsenal board

Post by 1989 »

T.S wrote:Usmanov loves the club? :coffeespit:

Just had a look on the AFC Forum. Here's a gem from our own Terry Henry;
Usmanov is just a fan who happens to be very wealthy and loves the club enough to use his own money to help the teams on the pitch performance. I'd bet Abromovich and Sheikh Mansour are also massive fans of their respective clubs. Not like they are ever going to see a financial return on their investment.

I'd argue Stan Kroenke is far more sinister in his intentions. Say nothing and spend as little as possible, whilst trying to make the club as valuable as possible with its property so that he can make a massive profit when the time comes to sell.
Priceless. I look forward to more comedy gold like this over the coming weeks. No offence, TH. I honestly don't mean to pick on you. I just find it laughable that anyone thinks that a) Usmanov loves the club and that he is 2) much more or less 'sinister' than Kroenke. Fuck 'em. They're both trying to make some fucking money out of our club. No more, no less. If you think that Usmanov would pump money in to the club to buy players without expecting anything in return, all because he "loves the club", you're mad.
Usmanov doesn't need any money from the club. He could piss £5b down the river today just for a laugh.....the bloke's filthy rich.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Good Interview with Jeremy Wilson of The Telegraph:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/kickof ... del-175958

(yes, I know it's talkshyte - but it is worth a listen)

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

I wonder if we'll see a statement from Kroenke or the club on this letter ?

goonerwalker

Post by goonerwalker »

clockender1 wrote:I wonder if we'll see a statement from Kroenke or the club on this letter ?

Wishful thinking, I'm sure they'll cower behind Gazidis as always...

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

goonerwalker wrote:
clockender1 wrote:I wonder if we'll see a statement from Kroenke or the club on this letter ?

Definitely, he's definitely earned the moniker 'Silent Stan'. Sometimes I feel a bit sorry for Gazidis for having to be the fall guy for Kroenke's financially-motivated shambolic running of affairs. But then I remember he is an overpaid clueless twat who epitomises what our club has become.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

northbank123 wrote:
goonerwalker wrote:

Definitely, he's definitely earned the moniker 'Silent Stan'. Sometimes I feel a bit sorry for Gazidis for having to be the fall guy for Kroenke's financially-motivated shambolic running of affairs. But then I remember he is an overpaid clueless twat who epitomises what our club has become.
You ARE Joking surely!!! He's on over £250k a year at least - to take all the shyte - well he's supoosed to sort out transfer deals as well, but we all now know he's feckin' useless at that.... so fuck the *word censored* let him eat shit along with the board.

btw: the only reply the board will make to Usmanovs letter is to remain silent - whistle and hope it blows over - They could only muster the following five lines in response to RVP's announcement he was offski - so there's no chance of the gutless *word censored* - facing up and acting like a man...bunch of *word censored* pussies! No wonder transfer negotiations are always being fucked up! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

their pussified reply to RVP's announcement:

""

We have to respect Robin's decision not to renew his contract. Robin has one year to run on his current contract and we are confident that he will fulfil his commitments to the Club. We are planning with ambition and confidence for next season with Arsenal's best interests in mind."

No doubt the 'best interest' means profit, profit, profit! and No other new signings... :cussing:

AFCasap

Post by AFCasap »

northbank123 wrote:
goonerwalker wrote:

wtf!!...feel sorry for kronkys bitch and wengers secretary...he's a lying mouthpiece qunt leech end of, on big wedge....fuck me the amount of AFC fans who were against usmanov when he turned up....he wants to get rid of this shit show once and for all he'll pay off this poxy concrete bowl...no problem
Last edited by AFCasap on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
goonerwalker wrote:

You ARE Joking surely!!! He's on over £250k a year at least - to take all the shyte - well he's supoosed to sort out transfer deals as well, but we all now know he's feckin' useless at that.... so fuck the *word censored* let him eat shit along with the board.

btw: the only reply the board will make to Usmanovs letter is to remain silent - whistle and hope it blows over - They could only muster the following five lines in response to RVP's announcement he was offski - so there's no chance of the gutless *word censored* - facing up and acting like a man...bunch of *word censored* pussies! No wonder transfer negotiations are always being fucked up! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

their pussified reply to RVP's announcement:

""

We have to respect Robin's decision not to renew his contract. Robin has one year to run on his current contract and we are confident that he will fulfil his commitments to the Club. We are planning with ambition and confidence for next season with Arsenal's best interests in mind."

No doubt the 'best interest' means profit, profit, profit! and No other new signings... :cussing:
Well deduced!

Post by 1989 »

Gazidis is out of his depth. Since his arrival all of our star players have run their contract down and refused to extend before leaving with a year to go on their contracts. Coincidence? I for one think not.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

The sad fact of all this is no matter how good the letter is and how valid the points are from many of our perspectives it is likely to be met with a short political non-commital response from the club at best.

The reality is the board have got their model in place and have no intention of changing this unless Mr Kroenke decides to cash in. This will not be until after all the forthcoming contracts are completed at the earliest, if at all.

Yet again we will be close to break even if not in profit again on transfers and next season we won't have to sell because contracts are imminent, but thats another season or two the model falls behind our rivals.

I get the whole 'once debt free we will be able to compete' theory but by then the big clubs will be way ahead of us and with continued success will be able to offer finances, ambition and proof (trophies) to intended targets, we can only offer 2 out of 3 then so will still be struggling to compete and I really fail to see a) why with money pouring in that the board would relinquish their position, b) why they would suddenly change to an aggressive transfer policy and c) why they would not continue to get the fans to pay for these profits in ticket prices and merchandise etc.

I'm afraid the moment Mr Kroenke was put in charge was the moment that sustainability overthrew ambition and there is now nothing Mr Usmanov or ourselves can do about it.

Herd

Post by Herd »

FrenchGun wrote:One of the answers in the comment section to the letter:

"this is a bit underhanded to say the least.

I don’t want this man anywhere near the club, his money was made under extremely acrimonious circumstances, and I just get a bad feeling surrounding him.

releasing this letter right now given the Van Persie news yesterday is a ridiculous power play. please guys, don’t fall to his ploys. The model we have now is the right one for the future, establishing a self sustaining business is key to maintaining a club that can remain among the top for decades to come. the board haven’t made a ton of great decisions in recent history, but letting this man anywhere near the club is a mistake.

The idea of immediate funds and players is tempting, but in a football world about to see the implementation of FFP, this is a bad course of action. Wenger could do with some added support (his legend status is being tarnished a bit by this swathe of recent departures) but Usmanov isn’t the way forward"

It's like listening to a little Wenger brainwashed puppy... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Oh please ,what fucking model , I'm not an Usmanov lover but any pressure that can be brought to bear on the cuntz
who run the club is most welcome,as his letter rightly points out the club hiked itself into debt and then trousered all the money to keep their share prices high !

As for this bollocks about where Usmanov got his money from have you ever thought of where the Duffer that is Hillwood got his money from or rather his father ?????
Hambros had long been involved Diamond and arms deals in South Africa and elsewhere from the second world war through those wholesome halcyon days of Apartheid .

You mention people being brainwashed but you are living in cloud cuckoo land if u think ffp will save us from further mediocrity as it will NEVER be implemented !

RVP has lit a fire , fan the flames and lets force these *word censored* into doing something other than stuffing their pockets with cash !

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Herd wrote:
FrenchGun wrote:One of the answers in the comment section to the letter:

"this is a bit underhanded to say the least.

I don’t want this man anywhere near the club, his money was made under extremely acrimonious circumstances, and I just get a bad feeling surrounding him.

releasing this letter right now given the Van Persie news yesterday is a ridiculous power play. please guys, don’t fall to his ploys. The model we have now is the right one for the future, establishing a self sustaining business is key to maintaining a club that can remain among the top for decades to come. the board haven’t made a ton of great decisions in recent history, but letting this man anywhere near the club is a mistake.

The idea of immediate funds and players is tempting, but in a football world about to see the implementation of FFP, this is a bad course of action. Wenger could do with some added support (his legend status is being tarnished a bit by this swathe of recent departures) but Usmanov isn’t the way forward"

It's like listening to a little Wenger brainwashed puppy... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Oh please ,what fucking model , I'm not an Usmanov lover but any pressure that can be brought to bear on the cuntz
who run the club is most welcome,as his letter rightly points out the club hiked itself into debt and then trousered all the money to keep their share prices high !

As for this bollocks about where Usmanov got his money from have you ever thought of where the Duffer that is Hillwood got his money from or rather his father ?????
Hambros had long been involved Diamond and arms deals in South Africa and elsewhere from the second world war through those wholesome halcyon days of Apartheid .

You mention people being brainwashed but you are living in cloud cuckoo land if u think ffp will save us from further mediocrity as it will NEVER be implemented !

RVP has lit a fire , fan the flames and lets force these *word censored* into doing something other than stuffing their pockets with cash !
Spot on Herd