THE BOARD - Kroenke, Usmanov and Finance

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
georgeknows89

THE BOARD - Kroenke, Usmanov and Finance

Post by georgeknows89 »

SORRY TO UPSET MANY, BUT JUST LOOK AT CHELSKI AND BLUE MANCS.

FORGET RVP, FORGET STEVE BOULD, THIS GUY IS OUR MAIN HOPE FOR SUCCESS.

HE WILL BID IN THE SUMMER AS THE KRONK DIDNT LIKE THE SHAREHOLDERS MEETING AND HAS BEEN TAKEN ABACK BY THE PASSION OF THE PREMIERSHIP- KRONK KNOWS HE CANT BE A PASSIVE INVESTOR AND I BELIEVED THAT THE KRONK WILL END UP LIKE J P MAGNIER WITH A BIG FAT PROFIT IN A SHORT SPACE OF TIME .

USMANOV JUST FLOATING HOS TELECOM COMPANY TO RAISE ANOTHER FEW HUNDRED MILLION AND NOT EVEN TOUCHED HIS 10 % IN FACEBOOK YET.

HE IS THE MAN, LIKE IT OR NOT AND WILL NOT GO AWAY, JUST UPGRADED HIS SUPER DOUBLE BOX AND INSTALLED HEATED SEATS FOR HIS GUESTS- HE IS GOING NOWHERE ... EXCEPT THE BOARDROOM AND DIRECTORS BOX

GEORGE KNOWS

frankbutcher

Re: USMANOV- THE SUMMER SIGNING WE MOST NEED

Post by frankbutcher »

georgeknows89 wrote:SORRY TO UPSET MANY, BUT JUST LOOK AT CHELSKI AND BLUE MANCS.

FORGET RVP, FORGET STEVE BOULD, THIS GUY IS OUR MAIN HOPE FOR SUCCESS.

HE WILL BID IN THE SUMMER AS THE KRONK DIDNT LIKE THE SHAREHOLDERS MEETING AND HAS BEEN TAKEN ABACK BY THE PASSION OF THE PREMIERSHIP- KRONK KNOWS HE CANT BE A PASSIVE INVESTOR AND I BELIEVED THAT THE KRONK WILL END UP LIKE J P MAGNIER WITH A BIG FAT PROFIT IN A SHORT SPACE OF TIME .

USMANOV JUST FLOATING HOS TELECOM COMPANY TO RAISE ANOTHER FEW HUNDRED MILLION AND NOT EVEN TOUCHED HIS 10 % IN FACEBOOK YET.

HE IS THE MAN, LIKE IT OR NOT AND WILL NOT GO AWAY, JUST UPGRADED HIS SUPER DOUBLE BOX AND INSTALLED HEATED SEATS FOR HIS GUESTS- HE IS GOING NOWHERE ... EXCEPT THE BOARDROOM AND DIRECTORS BOX

GEORGE KNOWS
Don't think so mate. Kroenke is here at least in the medium term. He's already turned down unsolicited offers for his shares. If we fail to qualify for Champs League i can see him selling up though.

augie

Post by augie »

I was very much in the pro usmanov and anti kroenke deal before fizsman grabbed his bag of gold - I accept that he may not be sqeaky clean (although I also am not inclined to believe a lot of trash coming from his detractors) but the man wants to win and has expressed willingness in the past to cough up his own money to bring in quality players but this was turned down by the cnuts in the boardroom :evil: :evil: :evil:
Under this owner and this regime we will be nothing other than a selling club :cry: :cry: :cry:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

How much does Usmanov want to win?

He has suggested a new share issue, plus suggested a dividend issue.

Could he offer the club £100M on players as gift?
Is he allowed, would it be accepted?

I am now neither pro nor anti either of the boardroom or wannabe boardroom factions.

I am just concerned that our coaching is sorted out, and we relax a little from the non-spending stance we have had.

For me, the key to that is moving on from Wenger.

Kroenke and Usmanov have made a big show of their loyalty to and admiration of Wenger.

Usmanov might bring Dein back in, who knows?

But there is not saying that Usmanov would beat Kroenke in a takeover battle.

I think answers to our woes are on the training pitch and in the scouting reports, not neccessarily the boardroom.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I am 100% anti Jabba and 100% anti capslock
(IT READS LIKE YOU'RE SCREAMING DUUUUUDE)

Wouldn't want gangsters who have served time running our club - especially when he's already stated he wants dividends
current board may have increased the value of their shares but they've never taken money out of the club.

Would break my heart if the board sold up to Jabba - would never forgive them
Instantly we become a scumbag joke like the Chavks and ManShitty

georgeknows89

Post by georgeknows89 »

by georgeknows89
here in the medium term ! - indeed , he not even arrived yet- seen about 3 games, rarely here except board meetings and faceless and spineless, no soul no passion and only wants the dollars.

unsolicited offers that he turned down ? rubbish - no one allowed to offer and there was the fizman 1 year lockdown agreement .

£20,000 a share will be waved under his nose i reckon and he will grab the dosh and run back with his walton wads to yankee doodle laner

usmanov offered to lend them £200m and turned down outright- he got his near 30% anyway, has his box and was in it for the chelsea game with his mate abramovich there as his guest - for info, abramovich didnt go in the directors box because he wanted to wear his jeans so usma let him join him there.

i do not care what colour or creed we get our money from but we need investment - time for us martin to step in !

the 2o year deal with deleware on catering is shite, the shirt and stadium deal we are npw paying the price for and we have not got the money to compete.

there cant be a takeover battle as such as kronk owns too much,its just a case of how much usma has to waste to buy him out - yes waste waste waste because the surplus money he will have to spend to buy out the kronk at an artificial share price could have been hundreds of millions for the club instead of going to kronk

rumour or not , fact is i stand by what say and he is the signing we need whether people agree or not and he knows it , kroenke knows it , gazidis knows it , the board know it and us fans are just scared and reluctant to back him or encourage him but it is only a matter of time

[QUARTZGOONER - I have changed this post to lowercase, caps are considered "shouting" online].

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

No need to shout. :lol:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

please turn off caps lock

Usmanov served time for bribery and extortion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alisher_Usmanov

"Usmanov is also dogged by the widespread belief in Uzbekistan that he was guilty of a particularly atrocious rape, which was covered up and the victim and others in the know disappeared."
http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/ ... r_usmanov/

He also supports ManUre
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... U-fan.html

So probably a crooked gangster, probably a rapist, almost definitely a ManUre fan.
What a stomach turning trifecta.

I don't want us turning into Chelski or ManShitty (with even more distasteful money)
I would rather pray we can compete without financial doping.
Would mean a hell of a lot more than buying it.

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

georgeknows89 wrote: HAS HIS BOX AND WAS IN IT FOR THE CHELSEA GAME WITH HIS MATE ABRAMOVICH THERE AS HIS GUEST - FOR INFO, ABRAMOVICH DIDNT GO IN THE DIRECTORS BOX BECAUSE HE WANTED TO WEAR HIS JEANS SO USMA LET HIM JOIN HIM THERE.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know the feeling!

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

According to the Sunday Times Rich List he has over £12bn in his wallet. Go on...lend me a couple of grand, these STs aren't cheap you know

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I hate all those tax-avoiding non-dom scroungers
pay tax like everyone else in the country or piss off

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

georgeknows89 wrote: USMANOV OFFERED TO LEND THEM £200M AND TURNED DOWN OUTRIGHT
Says who? Not heard that or read that anywhere?

HighburyJD

Craig Murray and his accusations have been discredited.

Usmanov was jailed for political reasons according to others.

Do any of us know the truth?

Metalheadz Gooner

Post by Metalheadz Gooner »

evolve or dissolve, get the fatty in and lets start acting like a proper elite club.

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

Only so long we can keep this financially sufficient, balance the books + £15m profit every season and still be a top club, we have to move with the times, and the times are expensive.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

The way I see it is why is Kroenke a more respectable owner than Usmanov? Kroenke is here to make fortunes out of us a la the Glazers. He can't even be bothered to attend games and is arrogant at best at the AGMs. The guy has a track record of prudency and has not put a bean into the actual Club. He has simply made the current board incredibly wealthy. Usmanov meanwhile has a fair amount of political baggage, but what Russian / former Soviet Bloc billionaire doesn't? It goes with the territory. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. :rubchin:
Last edited by frankbutcher on Mon May 07, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.