The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by Nos89 »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
enjibenji wrote:Talk today of matta being let go by united, would take him in a heartbeat if true
He is a quality player, but I can't see Wenger wanting an agile and mobile midfielder that likes to take players on and move with the ball at his feet and pass the ball for more than 5 yards. I mean where would it end? With us playing a pacey mobile striker in our shit 4-5-1???!!! :shock:

Wenger would never sign Mata, as he would have to lay on extra coaching sessions to drill the stagnant tippy tappy passy pass pass game into him. And we all know Arsene will be mega-busy this summer with his punditry work. :|
But but but... Do I remember wrong but weren't there some rumours that we were actually close to sign him but Chavs hijacked the deal while wenker fucked around with it?
Apparently, deal was done, personal terms agreed, we agreed fee of £18m which was the release clause fee, then on the day before the release clause was due to expire,we went back to renegotiate personal terms. We did the same with Vertonghan. Both said no and went elsewhere.
Would take him, play him on the right of front three.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

For me Mata doesn't have the pace to play effectively as a winger. Teams will just set up narrow so that he stays wider, and he won't cause many problems because he's not going to skin players.

We just don't move the ball with enough pace - the complete opposite of Leicester and Spurs and the main reason why those two pretty average sides have prospered. Whilst the likes of Iwobi and Welbeck are limited players, we looked better for their inclusion as we moved the ball faster and attacked with more pace.

Sean

Post by Sean »

It's amazing the number of good transfers the club totally fucked up :banghead:

Anyway, our business is surely complete for this window :suicide:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Mata is at a position we do not need.

Ozil, Cazorla, Wilshire, Ramsey all want to play the same #10 as Mata. And Ozil and Cazorla are better anyways.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
enjibenji wrote:Talk today of matta being let go by united, would take him in a heartbeat if true
He is a quality player, but I can't see Wenger wanting an agile and mobile midfielder that likes to take players on and move with the ball at his feet and pass the ball for more than 5 yards. I mean where would it end? With us playing a pacey mobile striker in our shit 4-5-1???!!! :shock:

Wenger would never sign Mata, as he would have to lay on extra coaching sessions to drill the stagnant tippy tappy passy pass pass game into him. And we all know Arsene will be mega-busy this summer with his punditry work. :|
But but but... Do I remember wrong but weren't there some rumours that we were actually close to sign him but Chavs hijacked the deal while wenker fucked around with it?
Apparently, deal was done, personal terms agreed, we agreed fee of £18m which was the release clause fee, then on the day before the release clause was due to expire,we went back to renegotiate personal terms. We did the same with Vertonghan. Both said no and went elsewhere.
Would take him, play him on the right of front three.
Yeah, I remember there was talk that the deal was basically done and dusted but something strange happened.

I agree with you, I would be happy if Wally was replaced by him on the right wing

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

enjibenji wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I know yet he signed Silvestre from them ffs :evil:
:lol:

Mata is not French. :D :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

I know that some of you have lauded this guy as a transfer guru so for that reason I have posted it here even though the chances of us bringing in a transfer supremo are nil as long as le cock stays in charge :roll:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... adrid.html

Like wise I would be surprised to see moaninho concede the transfer power UNLESS it was a condition of him getting the job - everyone knows of his preference of working with mendes (to the point of questioning his motives for some of the deals), and it has long since appeared that manure have had some reservations about hiring the portugese c.unt, so maybe this is the compromise that has been reached ? :rubchin: That being said I think that it is more likely that he will go to Madrid and that would be a mistake - yes they are trying to put some sort of transfer structure in place after the aforementioned portugese c.unt dismantled it, but at the same time a big club like Madrid usually does whatever the president wants when it comes to buying players :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie

Post by augie »

Citeeh have just announced the signing of gundogan from Dortmund - if xhaka turns out to be a good buy then we don't need another central midfielder as it now stands (unless we sell of course), plus he is going to be out injured for the first few months of next season

Tommy_Goon

Post by Tommy_Goon »

Gundogan is a decent player, he's coming off a pretty serious knee injury however. It was probably wise for us to stay clear. Pep knows what he is doing though so maybe this is a steal at 21 mill.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Tommy_Goon wrote:Gundogan is a decent player, he's coming off a pretty serious knee injury however. It was probably wise for us to stay clear. Pep knows what he is doing though so maybe this is a steal at 21 mill.
Overmars came back from a serious knee injury and was effectively "written off" by most big clubs. We took a punt and he was outstanding for us in 1997/1998, so you never know.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tommy_Goon wrote:Gundogan is a decent player, he's coming off a pretty serious knee injury however. It was probably wise for us to stay clear. Pep knows what he is doing though so maybe this is a steal at 21 mill.
Overmars came back from a serious knee injury and was effectively "written off" by most big clubs. We took a punt and he was outstanding for us in 1997/1998, so you never know.

Absolutely agree but if I was a citeeh fan I would be questioning why the deal is being done now when he is going to be injured for a few months yet.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Gundogan was also out for a Whole season not so long back with a back injury picked up when playing for Germany so definitely a risky buy, sounds like the white Diaby :?

Sean

Post by Sean »

So... no striker or centre-back for us on the horizon? Anyone?

:suicide:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Seriously, a player with a wrecked knee and a bad back plus our medical team, he'd be in a box before pre season, we could f**k up superman