The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ikechukwu1

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

MrT wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:
MrT wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:Vardy
:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
Tragic.
I'm trying to see the positives here...Vardy LW and Alexis #9?
Try again amigo. How about stick Vardy wide and out of position so he doesn't have to upset his wee rentboy's feelings eh! :roll:
Trying to ignore that Vardy was obviously super-effective in a system that got the ball forward as quickly as possible, and based on rapid counterattack. Cos Wenker teams don't play ponderous sideways bollocks instead eh....:rubchin:
Still. If Arsene can't compete with Leicester might as well try asset-strip them right? :lol:
Completely baffling signing if it happens. Our boring stuck system doesn't suit him at all, struggling to see how this will work.

Inter are having massive financial problems and Icardi would be an ideal signing and probably available, but a nice cheap and short term solution is always preferred...
Icardi great shout. There's Aubameyang....Dybala...Reus surely available at right price....Benzema...Higuain who has release clause, proven in 2 big leagues...even Morata (big game player).
Nope. They'll ask questions, want to win stuff and cost real money. Vardy? Islington will look like Miami compared to Fleetwood! :lol:
Unlike Kane he's not an improving kid coming up, he's 29 with just one season.
And totally unsuited to system. Hilarious if it happens....:coffeespit:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Vardy is too old for a large investment. He'd want massive wages for a long period.

Kevaldo

Post by Kevaldo »

Brilliant news if it goes ahead.. And it looks a real possibility..

It would force us to tweak our style to playing quick counter attacking football with him and Sanchez... . Ozil would smash the assist record this time round

silus

Post by silus »

I can't make my mind up about this so I've come up with my own theory.

Wenger has decided he's leaving next season, so he's gone for Vardy in the hope of keeping his cl qualification "record" in tact.
End of the season...Wenger fucks off, Vardy goes back to obscurity with a mid table team.

In comes a new manager with hardly a dent made in our "warchest"

Arsenal sweep all before them on their way to the treble

Goodnight :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

donaldo71 wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Jamie fucking Vardy. Jamie fucking one season wonder Vardy. Is that honestly the best that our amazing scouting network can come up with? Shall we go after Benzema? What about trying to get Higuan? Nah, fuck it, that would show some ambition and might be hard work. Let's just get that rat faced, diving chav from Leicester. He's proven Champions League quality isn't he? Honestly, fucking fuck this. Him and Giroud up front next year, they'll score ten goals between them.
I remember Gooners saying Kane was a one season wonder

He's just a *word censored*.
Vardy is second tier standard. He's just had a purple patch and it could have happened when he was in a second tier team but it just came together for him in the top flight and masks his amazingly average ability. He's a David Nugent, Graham Kavanagh. He'll be found out next season and score less than 10 goals. Perfect for us, then.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36450106

But Vardy - as exciting as he has most certainly been this past season - plays off the 'long ball' - and we do tippy tappy vadge vadge flappy no more than 5 yards at a time or else clueless throws an wobbly.

Even so I would like to see Vardy in the Red & White - or better still Carrasco - Now HE "IS" real talent.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

silus wrote:So, the odds on sky bet of Vardy joining us have come in to 8/13. Apparently he has a 20m buyout for Champions league teams.

Personally, I hate the diving, rat-faced chav....
I will however change my opinion if he wins England the Euros and bangs in 30 goals for us next season.

:lol: :high5:

augie

Post by augie »

It's like this, in an ideal world we go out and buy either reus (my preferred choice) or griezeman - both have real pace and both are good goalscorers. Sadly though we are in a real world and in a real world we have a manager that will never ever buy a top quality £50m striker - history should tell us that wenger (not gazidas) NEVER buys players that will relegate his preferred players to mere squad players, and prefers to bring in players of the same level as what we have so that they will battle for the starting job :roll: Like it or not, vardy is by far the best option available to us in that price range and he brings real pace to a static forward line. We all bemoan the fact that we play slow, laboured tippy tappy football, so surely bringing in someone with different qualities will be a good thing ? I don't care whether or not wenger favours direct football, cos as soon as ozil gets on the ball he will know that he finally has a striker to run in behind and his assist rate will increase as a result, regardless of wengers tactics

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:I wouldn't mind him playing for us to be honest. And if true maybe this will be a decent spending summer
Thing is Clueless will play him at Left back. :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:It's like this, in an ideal world we go out and buy either reus (my preferred choice) or griezeman - both have real pace and both are good goalscorers. Sadly though we are in a real world and in a real world we have a manager that will never ever buy a top quality £50m striker - history should tell us that wenger (not gazidas) NEVER buys players that will relegate his preferred players to mere squad players, and prefers to bring in players of the same level as what we have so that they will battle for the starting job :roll: Like it or not, vardy is by far the best option available to us in that price range and he brings real pace to a static forward line. We all bemoan the fact that we play slow, laboured tippy tappy football, so surely bringing in someone with different qualities will be a good thing ? I don't care whether or not wenger favours direct football, cos as soon as ozil gets on the ball he will know that he finally has a striker to run in behind and his assist rate will increase as a result, regardless of wengers tactics
Ohhh lawdy lawdy if only - can you imagine him and Ozil linking up...."Heaven". :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Btw I can accept that some want to dismiss vardy as a one season wonder, as long as those same fans don't start calling for us to sign kante or mahrez cos those two are (at present) the very definition of one season wonders.
Don't be hypocrites is all 8)

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:I wouldn't mind him playing for us to be honest. And if true maybe this will be a decent spending summer
Thing is Clueless will play him at Left back. :roll:

That, above all else, would be my main concern if we sign vardy - I wont worry about the one season wonder bit, but vardy excelled last season in a 4-4-2 where he was central, so if he gets shafted out to the wing it will be a serious mistake for everyone including vardy himself.
I continue to be baffled by a policy of buying players that have excelled in systems so different to our own :roll: Surely buying players suitable for our system (and I use that word loosely :oops: ) would be the obvious thing ? :evil:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Vardy played at Highbury (for Fleetwood) . Not sure what to think about this.. Great season playing in s system different tours..He cheated on a few occasions but was exempt from major criticism from media. Better than Ollie or Theo but no Benzema.

MrT

Post by MrT »

augie wrote:Btw I can accept that some want to dismiss vardy as a one season wonder, as long as those same fans don't start calling for us to sign kante or mahrez cos those two are (at present) the very definition of one season wonders.
Don't be hypocrites is all 8)
The difference being Mahrez has far superior technical ability, can score and assist with the guile and skill to create something from nothing. Can the same be said about Vardy?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Played at Highbury in red and white, seems like a destiny fulfilled. He's the same age as Higuain. Proven Premier League player. Adapted to international football quickly. Plays through the middle, is quick and works hard. Won't need anytime to adjust, hit the ground running. Just the kind of striker we are crying out for. Last striker we signed from Leicester didn't turn out too bad.
Anyone else thinking Ian Wright type striker?
Surprised if it goes ahead.