The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
enjibenji

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by enjibenji »

While the manc fans jizz themselves over maureen spending close to 100 million on someone they let go years ago, its nice to take a step back and just remember that we paid 3.5 million for this man

oh how i miss him :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Herd

Post by Herd »

enjibenji wrote:While the manc fans jizz themselves over maureen spending close to 100 million on someone they let go years ago, its nice to take a step back and just remember that we paid 3.5 million for this man

Yes and he paid for his own vicks vapour rub on the chest too !

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

Herd wrote:
enjibenji wrote:While the manc fans jizz themselves over maureen spending close to 100 million on someone they let go years ago, its nice to take a step back and just remember that we paid 3.5 million for this man

was it vapour rub or just rodders watching another transfer deadline day with nat !? :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

enjibenji wrote:
Herd wrote:

was it vapour rub or just rodders watching another transfer deadline day with nat !? :lol:
If it was Rodders then the fluid transparency level would indicate he has a seriously low sperm count. :shock: Probably from overuse... :lol: :wink:

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

DB10GOONER wrote:
enjibenji wrote:
Herd wrote:

If it was Rodders then the fluid transparency level would indicate he has a seriously low sperm count. :shock: Probably from overuse... :lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Paul Pogbas agent in line to get nearly £19 MILLION from the Man Utd transfer.......
That's insane money out of one transfer deal. Overall the whole value of the proposed deal is insane but I'll guess manure wants to make a statement here. Meanwhile in wenker world... :banghead:
Fucking love your Iron Minion avatar, mate.

Maiden Rule!! 8)

Erm... as do the Minions! :oops: :lol:
ImageImageImage

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

BFG4 wrote:The problem is, that for all of us, the aim is to win the title, or at the very least be competitive and challenge for it, but that's not Wenger or the board's aim. If, at the end of this season, we have only signed Xhaka(not counting the pet project signings) and finish 4th, then it will be job done in Wenger's eyes. If, on the other hand, he spends over 100 million on bringing in quality, and we don't win the title, then Stan would see it as money wasted.

I know there is till time before to bring players in, which we hope everyday will happen. Unfortunately we all know the score.
Sad thing is that we are now going in to next season with a bad atmosphere just waiting to kick off again at the first bad performance/result.
And the cycle continues.

PS - Does anyone remember the sentence in the letter from Gazidis, when receiving our ST renewal back in May about "how Arsenal are always about challenging and winning trophies and that will continue to be the case". :oops:

markyp

Post by markyp »

its ok taking the piss out of UTD but the UTD fans will be jizzing themselves when they win the title with Pogba and co,who cares tjat we paid £3.5m for Viera 20 years ago,its completely irrelavant

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

markyp wrote:

its ok taking the piss out of UTD but the UTD fans will be jizzing themselves when they win the title with Pogba and co,who cares tjat we paid £3.5m for Viera 20 years ago,its completely irrelavant
jesus christ dont take it so personally :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

markyp wrote:

Oh for fucks sake. Are Manure gonna be this season's spurs for you? :roll: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

I will cut my cock off if pogba is the difference between manure winning the league and not winning it :roll: I literally cannot understand the fuss being made about this guy - if he is worth £100m than kante must be worth at least £250m cos he is streets better than pogba. Almost £200m spent and manure will still have a defence containing at least two and maybe 3, of blind, smalling, darmien, Valencia, shaw and phil jones - there isn't a player alive that can carry a defence like that to the title :roll:

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

augie wrote:I will cut my cock off if pogba is the difference between manure winning the league and not winning it :roll: I literally cannot understand the fuss being made about this guy - if he is worth £100m than kante must be worth at least £250m cos he is streets better than pogba. Almost £200m spent and manure will still have a defence containing at least two and maybe 3, of blind, smalling, darmien, Valencia, shaw and phil jones - there isn't a player alive that can carry a defence like that to the title :roll:
post of the week :barscarf:

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

augie wrote:I will cut my cock off if pogba is the difference between manure winning the league and not winning it :roll: I literally cannot understand the fuss being made about this guy - if he is worth £100m than kante must be worth at least £250m cos he is streets better than pogba. Almost £200m spent and manure will still have a defence containing at least two and maybe 3, of blind, smalling, darmien, Valencia, shaw and phil jones - there isn't a player alive that can carry a defence like that to the title :roll:

Absolutely spot on. I wrote something about not getting the Pogba hype last week. More than happy to see Utd spend £100m on him cos I can't see him making a blind bit of difference.
If Juve reject that then they need their heads looking at.

Of course, we'll all be sitting here feeling like a bunch of cyunts this time next year when he's won the treble :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g60gooner wrote:

Absolutely spot on. I wrote something about not getting the Pogba hype last week. More than happy to see Utd spend £100m on him cos I can't see him making a blind bit of difference.

Of course, we'll all be sitting here feeling like a bunch of cyunts this time next year when he's won the treble :lol:

Manure may indeed win the treble but it won't have been because Average Paul was in the side!! :lol: :wink:

Pogba has one of the loosest first touch's I've ever seen. The ball seems to hit him mid shin and kind of roll about 5 feet away, making him stretch to regain it. That might be fine in Italy or France but that will get eaten alive in the PL and I reckon he'll get a major injury within 2 months tbh. :|

Of course he'll have moments of brilliance, maybe even MOTM games, (and markyp and ItchyBaba will be on here with "I told you so" posts faster than you can say "spurs fucked it up" :D :wink: ) but I doubt there will be a consistently high level of performance from him.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
g60gooner wrote:

Manure may indeed win the treble but it won't have been because Average Paul was in the side!! :lol: :wink:

Pogba has one of the loosest first touch's I've ever seen. The ball seems to hit him mid shin and kind of roll about 5 feet away, making him stretch to regain it. That might be fine in Italy or France but that will get eaten alive in the PL and I reckon he'll get a major injury within 2 months tbh. :|

Of course he'll have moments of brilliance, maybe even MOTM games, (and markyp and ItchyBaba will be on here with "I told you so" posts faster than you can say "spurs fucked it up" :D :wink: ) but I doubt there will be a consistently high level of performance from him.

He certainly doesn't seem top quality. If ever there was a time and a place to show what you can do then playing for your country at home was it, but he was distinctly underwhelming.

However, I think he'll be a good signing over the course of the season, but in the way that Brian Talbot, Steve Macmahon, etc were. Players who put a shift in every game but were never top class.

Whether you should spend 100mil on that type of player is another matter.