RIP Ernie Crouch

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Basil is a Gooner

RIP Ernie Crouch

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

Such sad news tonight that Ernie Crouch who was the 90 year old fan who has followed the Arsenal and Arsenal Ladies home and away for many many years has passed away today in a freak accident on his way to the game.

You may remember Chunky asking if we would vote for Ernie in the Europcar Fan of the Season competition last year (which I am pleased to say Ernie won).

RIP.

g88ner

Re: RIP Ernie Crouch

Post by g88ner »

That's very sad. That would be the poor old man knocked down by a bus in north london. :( Thanks for letting everyone know Basil.

RIP Ernie.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I'd heard that the storm had blown someone off the footpath alright. Tragic news.

RIP.

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Thank you for doing this Basil. I've never seen so many people crying and distraught. He was loved by so many people and yet
was very humble. When he won The Europacar fan of the season. Shorty after he came into the supporters club and we all stood up and clapped him and cheered and he wasn't happy! He told us that there were more deserving people of the award than him. He didn't like the fuss he just wanted to cheer on his team be it the first team, reserves , ladies , under 18's , under 21's he would
go to them all until his dying day. This is what I put on facebook yesterday and as you can tell I still don't know how to add a photo on here so that didn't copy across with it!

For once in my life an Arsenal result meant fuck all to me today. Arsenal legend 90 year old Ernest 'Ernie' crouch tragically died this morning in a freak accident. Everybody loved Ernie and he loved his large neat whisky with 2 cubes of ice. RIP X

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

RIP Ernie, hope the club show some class and recognise the devotion of this man.

goonergeoff

Post by goonergeoff »

A Terrible Tragedy. R.I.P Ernie.

goonergeoff

Post by goonergeoff »

A Terrible Tragedy. R.I.P Ernie.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

He was the old chap hit by the bus?

That's really sad, RIP.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That is Truly Sad. My Thoughts and Prayers Go Out To His Family.

R.I.P Ernie.

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

Chunky The Gooner wrote:Thank you for doing this Basil. I've never seen so many people crying and distraught. He was loved by so many people and yet
was very humble. When he won The Europacar fan of the season. Shorty after he came into the supporters club and we all stood up and clapped him and cheered and he wasn't happy! He told us that there were more deserving people of the award than him. He didn't like the fuss he just wanted to cheer on his team be it the first team, reserves , ladies , under 18's , under 21's he would
go to them all until his dying day. This is what I put on facebook yesterday and as you can tell I still don't know how to add a photo on here so that didn't copy across with it!

For once in my life an Arsenal result meant fuck all to me today. Arsenal legend 90 year old Ernest 'Ernie' crouch tragically died this morning in a freak accident. Everybody loved Ernie and he loved his large neat whisky with 2 cubes of ice. RIP X
No worries Chunky, I was gutted to hear this sad news and feel for you and all the people that knew him. I didnt know him personally but have seen him several times at Borehamwood and we also got the same supporters coach to the ladies conti cup final recently.

I too hope the Club do something appropriate to honour his name.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

PS: Maybe we can get the club to Honour Him in a fitting and respectful way.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

So sad RIP Ernie

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Glad that he got the chance to be acknowledged in the way he was before he passed away

RIP Ernie

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

RIP