Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:37 pm
markyp wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:26 pm
good on the ox for wanting to better himself,i hope he becomes the player we hoped he would do here until wenger had him play in every position until he dint know his arse from his elbow,this is going to be really interesting now under a different manager to see how he does
when he goes fuck him, don't care how he gets on TBH....same with anyone leaving...of course don't blame him leaving mad fucker Wenger
If he goes to Chavs i am not suddenly gong to wish he scores every game and they win the title, Football is not like that...honestly don't wish the guy ill either.......

He's gone he's history....we understand why he's left leave it at that, what we need at the Arsenal is Wenger OUT

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:06 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:37 pm
markyp wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:26 pm
good on the ox for wanting to better himself,i hope he becomes the player we hoped he would do here until wenger had him play in every position until he dint know his arse from his elbow,this is going to be really interesting now under a different manager to see how he does
when he goes fuck him, don't care how he gets on TBH....same with anyone leaving...of course don't blame him leaving mad fucker Wenger
If he goes to Chavs i am not suddenly gong to wish he scores every game and they win the title, Football is not like that...honestly don't wish the guy ill either.......

He's gone he's history....we understand why he's left leave it at that, what we need at the Arsenal is Wenger OUT
Besides that absolutely hate the chav scum :D :D :D

GoonerOwl

Post by GoonerOwl »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:19 am
franksav63 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:08 am
GoonerOwl wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:48 am
Not pushed on enough since he joined. Could blame the coaching but a maturing player at this level should have done more by now.
:lol: :lol:

What like... Walcott? ..... Gibbs...... Wilshere....Jenkinson..... Ramsey..... have I missed anyone??? :roll: :roll:
Emmanuel-Thomas
Randall
Merida
Grondin
Bendtner
Song
Denilson
Chamakh
Lupoli

The list is endless but still people think Wenger is a great developer of talent.
True but Kane is the only player off the top of my head that has been truly developed in-house out of the starting XI's in the top 7.

On the other hand they all like splashing the cash as well :(

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:13 am
I'm sure many a windowlicker at the bowl will boo him and label him a Judas, and I see many are already saying what a shit record he has at the club scoring only 9 goals

How I see it is that this kid should have been let loose on the first team on a consistent basis 2-3 years ago when he still had the confidence and look of being a top talent. Shit for Brains criminally chose to stick with lovechild Ramsey out wide on the right when he couldn't accommodate him ahead of Santi, Wilshere etc at the time, and no matter how well the Ox played as a sub or in the lesser cups, he was straight back out of the side again in favour of fucking Twirly. Find it somewhat ironic people questioning what the Ox has done in 6 years, when Twirly has been here for nearly 10 years, and 1 season apart, has been and remains utter gash in all that time

Think a much better manager in Conte will actually turn him into the player he could and should have been here
Looked a really decent player for 3 years, got shipped out of the side every time Walcott or Ramsey got fit again no matter how he was playing. Spent the last 3 years unable to play himself out of the team despite being consistently pretty garbage.

A player with the ability to kick on under somebody else. Two good feet, strong, fast and when he gets it right terrifies opposition defenders. Stuck in an enormous rut here but would expect him to kick on elsewhere.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I like Ox and can only wish him well at Chelsea. It's a shame we didn't have a decent manager who could've developed him.
As for the appalling way he was treated here you can't blame him for wanting out.

Good luck Alex.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Nothing but respect for Ox, could have easily stayed in his comfort zone and taken the 180k a week but values his career more (unlike others)

He never had a chance of succeeding, that game against United at home summed it up, he was playing well and got hooked in the second half, Van Persie wasn't impressed and the cameras picked that up, that pretty much summed up his career, when he played well it meant nothing as he'd be out of the team as soon as injuries cleared and he was never given a proper run in one position so he could get some consistency.

Completely mismanaged and the only reason Wenger wanted to keep him was to not have the embarrassment of him looking to break away from him or for another coach to help him fulfil his true potential and really show Wenger up for the crap coach that he is.

augie

Post by augie »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:08 pm
Nothing but respect for Ox, could have easily stayed in his comfort zone and taken the 180k a week but values his career more (unlike others)

He never had a chance of succeeding, that game against United at home summed it up, he was playing well and got hooked in the second half, Van Persie wasn't impressed and the cameras picked that up, that pretty much summed up his career, when he played well it meant nothing as he'd be out of the team as soon as injuries cleared and he was never given a proper run in one position so he could get some consistency.

Completely mismanaged and the only reason Wenger wanted to keep him was to not have the embarrassment of him looking to break away from him or for another coach to help him fulfil his true potential and really show Wenger up for the crap coach that he is.

I know that his bank account will be very healthy as a result of his decisions, but Kieran gibbs was an international player only a few short years ago, and now the two clubs that want to sign him are west brom and fcuking Watford :oops: :oops: With respect, Watford are a very small club on the road to nowhere and will probably be relegated within the next 2 or 3 seasons, and the other option is playing for a pulis team full of average joe's whose reputation and profile will never rise as long as they are there :roll: After the retirement of the greedy, mobile phone loving judas cashly c.unt, the England left back spot was up for grabs for whoever wanted it, but gibbs decided to play safe instead of moving to a club that would have provided him with the chance to be englands first choice left back :roll: If ever there was a player that I would like to see quickly dropped down to the lower levels of the pro game, Gibbs is it :evil: :evil:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Funny enough, Gibbs was the player I was thinking off.

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

He must have had a guilty conscience :lol:

http://bbc.in/2iDjgpx

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:08 pm

Couldn't have put it better myself, this is exactly how I see it. I'd only add that his performance as a youngster in the 3-0 against Milan, in centre midfield, should have signalled his automatic selection for a period of at least 10 games, to give him a proper chance.

Gunnersaurus also highlights a key point.....this is Wenger nightmare scenario. A player who has the ability and getting out at the right time, to go and develop his potential at a big club. Wenger is an utter coward and has ruined no end of promising careers. Youngsters getting a couple of final 10 minute substitute appearance, often out of position, then not in the match day squad for 3 months, then another 5 mins as a sub, then a couple of season long loan spells at shit sides, before the poor bastards are 23, no further on than when they were 17 and their confidence and hopes shot. So it's then a permanent move to Brentford or Rotherham, a shell of a player who'll never return to haunt Wenger.

He's terrified of a youngster going somewhere and turning into a success, so people can ask him why he failed to develop them. Well, I've always rated the Ox, there's a real player in there imo and I hope he haunts Wenger for as long as the old bastard is around. I'd fucking cheer if he bangs in a brace against us !!

My God what have I become ? Driven to despise the team that was (and somehow still is) part of my being. Fuck 'em all.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

swimmer1 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:34 pm
He must have had a guilty conscience :lol:

http://bbc.in/2iDjgpx
But he wants to go to Liverpool instead (probably) now something is odd here, I think Liverpool have told him he will play in midfield because the reason he doesn't want to go to Chavs is reported to be "positional concerns".

However haven't they just signed Keita for next summer, not seen much of him but isn't he also a attacking midfielder of some sort?.

This could actually make things worse for us though as what if Liverpool decide not to sign him knowing they will get him for nothing in 6 months?, then we will have to take a low offer from them because otherwise we're stuck with an unmotivated player who we know is leaving next summer.

But as I said it is all very well for Liverpool to make promises about position but they have already signed a starter for next season in a similar position, what a mess, perhaps Wenger should have actually considered giving him a chance there instead of clearly telling him he would not and now we'll have to accept a silly offer or have a useless player in the squad.

:banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Oops double post.. too late :oops:

I could maybe understand if we had Vieira and Petit/Gilberto/Cesc but it's Ramsey and Xhaka ffs.. sigh....

:banghead:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

This move by Liverpool for Chamberlain stinks of football politics.
According to John Cross there has been bad blood between the two clubs since the Suarez £40m+£1 incident.
I would say this has more to do with van Dijk than Chamberlain himself. I'm sure I saw a clip on BT sport in which Chamberlain declared his idol was Gerrard, and aspires to be like him. So, with Gerrard on the Liverpool tràining staff I imagine that is a big pull for him.
For football political reason selling him to Liverpool for anything less than £50m would in my mind push Arsenal lower down the list of desirable clubs to play for.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

If Coutinho is going then they have a slot to fill, imagine they won't get Lemar and he'll get to play in the no 8 role that they were going to play Coutinho in.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Woke up to read that Ox has turned down Chelsea. Can't understand why the story would have he got so far if he wasn't considering joining them.
I am actually disappointed if it is true that he doesn't want to go to Chelsea. I hoped he would go in a blaze of publicity which would in turn add to Wenger's misery. To be honest I did think that Conte saw Ox as an upgrade on Moses at right back. For any club to sign him as a central midfielder for that fee would be a massive gamble.