c***s AKA the scum

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Spuds

Post by Redarmy »

And its all down to wanker Wenger, if we had signed a centre half and a top quality striker as everyone in the fucking world knows, who can take the chances we would be 10 points clear at the top.....If scum win it its down to him

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Dr SteveO's clinic is open again today for counselling sessions

I have concentrated all of my positive energy on Harry Kane getting injured during the international break. When this happens then the Spuddos will be lucky to finish 4th. Remember, He's Not Really One Of Our Own has only missed one squad for them all season across all competitions. On the rare occasions he hasn't made the starting XI they've been shite.

Only Aston Villa and Bournemouth have gift wrapped them wins over the past few weeks. West Ham, Palace and Dortmund twice have exposed what a pile of shite they really are. I expect at least two of Man Ure, Liverpool, Stoke and Chavski to do the same over the coming weeks.

I know its hard to cope with for some of their biggest fans on here.......Eboue-Why, when they only finish 3rd or 4th I may have to up your anti-depressants dosage and head straight into advanced counselling :D
Keep it coming Dr SteveO... i need the therapy to get me through the rest of the season :wink:
Steve, I'm already on a high dosage of medication for all the stresses in my life. Quite frankly the thought of this catastrophic event occurring may need a prescription for methadone or something similar. I was too hoping for a hamstring or 3 going tonight....we live in hope it might happen next week

Step

Post by Step »

Reality check needed here chaps and not the one you want to hear.

I honestly don't rate Kane or rather I didn't until last night.

All of the Spuds contingent were excellent last night for England and showed the same hunger/desire that they have shown for the Spuds this year. Who would you rather have Giroud and Ramsey or Kane and Ali?

Germany were like Arsenal last night full of semi big names not putting a full shift in. England were reminiscent of the current Spuds Team, playing for each other and working hard. For us Welbeck was the only bright spot.

Unfortunately I think we have to prepare ourselves for the worse as I'm afraid Leicester will drop a few and Spuds will not.

The unthinkable is very likely to happen.

I would take Leicester winning it and Spuds finishing 2nd (way above us) right now and that is criminal.

We have stagnated for the past 6 years and have got away with it. Other teams have progressed.

Wenger hang your head in shame and leave the building.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Not saying that they can't win it but suggesting that Spurs won't drop points is fanciful at best.

Look at their next four or five games. Remember that despite these young players' enthusiasm, none of them have the experience of dealing with pressure and as a club Spurs never come out on top of a duel - how many times have they blown a chance to pip us to 4th and who could forget their title march in 2012 that ended in Europa League football?

They threw away a great chance to win their first big trophy in a quarter of a century by losing at home to a side who haven't been able to buy a win for months, they were utterly eviscerated for 180 minutes against Dortmund and somehow despite being rampant and 2-1 up against a 10-men Arsenal at their lowest ebb they managed to throw it away and tried their best to lose the game.

It could happen. Of course it could at this stage. But let's not pretend they're unflappable - just imagine the hysteria if they were grinding out 1-0 wins like Leicester!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Our only realistic hope is Leicester win it, which i think they will, forget us no chance

The scum alternative is unimaginable

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

If they lose to the mousers then i think they will capitulate, next weekends fixtures will be crucial, if we can beat the shammers and spuds lose then i think we will finish above them

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:Not saying that they can't win it but suggesting that Spurs won't drop points is fanciful at best.

Look at their next four or five games. Remember that despite these young players' enthusiasm, none of them have the experience of dealing with pressure and as a club Spurs never come out on top of a duel - how many times have they blown a chance to pip us to 4th and who could forget their title march in 2012 that ended in Europa League football?

They threw away a great chance to win their first big trophy in a quarter of a century by losing at home to a side who haven't been able to buy a win for months, they were utterly eviscerated for 180 minutes against Dortmund and somehow despite being rampant and 2-1 up against a 10-men Arsenal at their lowest ebb they managed to throw it away and tried their best to lose the game.

It could happen. Of course it could at this stage. But let's not pretend they're unflappable - just imagine the hysteria if they were grinding out 1-0 wins like Leicester!

But are they really under pressure ?? I don't think that I have ever seen a team in their position, being allowed to live in the shadows without the media hyping up their chances :shock: Leicester are the team under pressure - they are the one's that have been top for ages, and they are the team that the media is totally focused on. I know that colour television hadn't been invented the last time the scum won the league, but the assumption is that they are a club on the up and will have other chances to win the league (or at least compete), but this will be the ONLY chance that Leicester will probably ever have and that brings huge pressure. Neither has players experienced at what it takes to win a top league (French and dutch leagues don't count imo), but the scum team have experienced international players.
I know that it is very hard to predict results at this stage of the season because teams at the bottom are fighting for their lives to stay up - it seems that Leicester have the easier run in ON PAPER, but it really worries me how that will react if the scum cut their lead to 2 or 3pts.

amazonas

Post by amazonas »

Off Twitter: Danny Rose starting vs. Germany will mean that 11 out of last 19 England debutants will have done so whilst managed by Mauricio Pochettino.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just in case push comes to shove - We need someone who knows how to cook dodgy lasagna for about 25 scum bags. :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Augie I don't see that you can say that Leciester are under more pressure than Spurs.

There is a glass ceiling at Spurs and you can bet they won't be challenging for the title next year. Money talks and they just don't have it. Like Southampton their assets will be stripped and there is no way they will cope with having a packed CL schedule rather than token Europa League games at home to FC Civil War where their ressies could beat them 8-0.

It's barely more of a once in a generation chance for Leicester than Spurs.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Alli is a really good player, and for how young he is... Hope a big club snatch him up because he really is class.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

One of Chippy Jnr's scum mates tweeted this last night.
Spurs are gonna do the League and Euros double
I will have to leave the country for months (years?) if the unthinkable happens.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I thought this would be a popular thread after the weekend :D

Stop press: Spurs players score in meaningless friendly

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

I can remember how I used to rip it out of the Spuds for celebrating Nayim's fluke in the CWC final against Zaragoza as their biggest achievement, and how they'd spend their time commenting on title run-ins involving Arsenal, even though they'd be nowhere near the reckoning :roll:

Never thought I'd see the day when the roles were reversed and the highlight of our season would be Spuds failing in a title we are nowhere near being involved in. Total farce but then again that's what we are about these days eh? Rooting for oil money Leicester and passively watching title races. Shameful, utterly shameful that this is the highlight of our season. We've basically become what they've been for years: small time, thinking we are one of the big boys when ultimately we are there to make up the numbers. Still, like they always say "we play the best football" :rubchin: :roll:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

I also don't get the logic behind them not being able to improve next season? They will have CL income next season on top of the record PL cash. Joe Lewis and his ENIC bandits know how to handle money. They're getting a new stadium. It doesn't mean they'll win it next year, but it just makes it sound slightly ridiculous if any of our fans claim they can't compete next year. I agree if Pochettino goes they start from zero again, definitely. But, if they have CL football, based in London, pay decent wages, and have a young team closer to winning a title than any of our teams of the last decade has...
If both teams approached eg Marco Reus tomorrow and made him an identical offer on wages, are we really really sure Reus would choose Arsenal? If you'd asked 3 years ago it'd be a no contest. Ask again now, in the context of Ozil's rumour see discontent towards Wenker, the context of our laughing stock status in the CL, and in the context of a manager no world class player will want to play for anymore (Sanchez seems happy too eh?).....

Reus could still choose us. But our main advantage was CL football and being in London. If Spuds or West Ham can soon offer the same, what competitive advantage do we retain?