c***s AKA the scum

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Spuds

Post by Redarmy »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Herd wrote:Levy thinks the area will be regenerated ,beleive me it will take some doing .
It is dangerous to walk the streets there by day , at night it's insane to walk alone !
There are millions of junkies living in rented bedsits all over tottenham and the council estates resemble Mogadishu.
WIll take some brave Pioneer types to get in there for sure !

Gentrifying Tottenham will certainly take some doing, but as a young man I would never have believed that anyone would choose to live in Notting Hill, let alone Hackney.

My Nan sold her house in Brixton in the late sixties for two thirds of bugger all. The very same house was on the market a couple of months back for 1.4 million.

We may yet see vegan cafés, sushi bars and performance poetry nights in the Swamplands.
Yes mate it will happen one day....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:Levy thinks the area will be regenerated ,beleive me it will take some doing .
It is dangerous to walk the streets there by day , at night it's insane to walk alone !
There are millions of junkies living in rented bedsits all over tottenham and the council estates resemble Mogadishu.
Reminds me of parts of my beloved Dublin... :(
Living in D24 I obviously haven't a clue what parts you speak of..
:D

TBH, was thinking more of Summer Hill and parts of the Liberties. With all the money that was in this country over the last 20 years, it's a disgrace we still have parts of the country that are basically ghettos. :( :| Oh, and a third world health service. :roll:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

This thread has just reached page 61. Kind of ironic? 55, yes Fifty Five years!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonertux wrote:This thread has just reached page 61. Kind of ironic? 55, yes Fifty Five years!
Great spot, mate! :D

I imagine we'll reach page 99,889,885,885,145,192 long before these cúnts ever win the league again! :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Redarmy wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:

Gentrifying Tottenham will certainly take some doing, but as a young man I would never have believed that anyone would choose to live in Notting Hill, let alone Hackney.

My Nan sold her house in Brixton in the late sixties for two thirds of bugger all. The very same house was on the market a couple of months back for 1.4 million.

We may yet see vegan cafés, sushi bars and performance poetry nights in the Swamplands.
Yes mate it will happen one day....
next year I reckon :rubchin:

The North London tide would have to wash away most of that area for it be gentrified let alone just turn. :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonertux wrote:This thread has just reached page 61. Kind of ironic? 55, yes Fifty Five years!
Yes, and funny how the last 10 pages or so seem to be missing certain contributors who were quite prolific a few months ago !

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

Still laughing.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Yes, and funny how the last 10 pages or so seem to be missing certain contributors who were quite prolific a few months ago !

1 of them popped up on the transfer thread ,but doesn't have the balls to show up on this thread .

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote: I said Spuds were clearly a superior team to us, and that they're no longer the bottlers we've always known. It was obvious they'd finish ahead of us yet the denial persisted.
Still one of the funniest, most delusional comments ever posted on here! :coffeespit: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, can we have a "smug" emoticon? :D :wink:

Bump.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Not a thread for fans of humility.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

arseofacrow wrote:Not a thread for fans of humility.

Bye :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

mcdowell42 wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:Not a thread for fans of humility.

Bye :wink:
Where am I going? :shock: :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Hmm might be something wrong with me, for some reason recently i just can't stop smiling when i think about the Spuds :?

Herd

Post by Herd »

GranadaJoe wrote:

Good shoutbu I know loads of mates who bought into Brixton after the riots ,and Notting Hill always was posh but BOTH of those places are central London whereas N17 doesnt have such good rail links except Tottenham Hale which I think will come up !

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Don't forget though that Tottenham Hale is on the Victoria line which is the fastest route into central London including Oxford Circus. It also takes in Kings Cross St Pancras, Euston and Victoria so it's a good line to be on for outbound connections too. I think it has great potential as an area and it wouldn't take much to turn it into another home for the wealthy.
Having said that, I drive into Blackhorse Road on my way to work and hop the tube from there to Euston. The fucking dross that gets on at the Hale and Seven Sisters sometimes make me wonder if they've gone back a few stages of the evolution process.