Champions League Draw

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Top Londoner

Re: Champions League Draw

Post by Top Londoner »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:Absolutely farkin hilarious! This could actually be activate score in the return leg. The thought of Neymar running at Mertesacker, and Messi at Bellerin, I mean it's too comical for words. I think what's making me laugh is that it took less than a day for Wenker's retard words about Giroud being up there with Suarez to come and haunt him. :lol: :spitcoffee:
We will have the proof.
It makes the celebrations after the "heroics" of Athens even more ridiculous. Celebrating the opportunity to get nailed with no lube :shock:

The fact most fans are excited to watch Messi, Neymar, Rakitic, Suarez...whilst being perfectly accepting of the absolute hammering the club is going to take isn't lost on me. It's similar to the reaction Dagenham would give if they drew us in the FA Cup: go out, enjoy the game/day out.

The perverted thing in all this of course, is that Arsenal fans pay far more to watch their team than Barca fans do...whilst being perfectly accepting of the fact they'll never be anywhere near the same league. Farcical.

Oh for an "easy draw" like last year :lol: :roll:

Are you still sore after your bum-holing at home by the mighty Bournemouth, Itchy baba?
:roll:

WENGER OUT

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Call it blind optimism, or gallows humour or whatever, but I am really looking forward to this.

Yes we all know what problems lie within the team, the manager etc and how this tie is likely to go, but we have been shit out of luck against Barcelona the last few times we played them so maybe it is time we got the rub of the green, bit like Chelsea eventually did against them.

Even another Arshavin moment from 2011 would be great, sometimes when there is little other hope you have to cling to moments like that. :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

According to Walcott, this is just what Barca would have feared, with all the other big guns breathing a sigh of relief that they managed to avoid us.Taxi & pay rise for Wenger.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Reading this thread, not sure why we're bothering to turn up for this one. Haven't Barcelona lost and then drawn with average La Liga teams in recent weeks? Are they allowed 13 players on the pitch or something?

With a full squad out, we have plenty of pace and creativity, and ok we'll concede, but so will they.

It's a great draw, far better than the turgid affair like last year. Anyone who isn't looking forward to it is surely kidding themselves.

Sometimes it's almost as if people want us to get gubbed to prove the point. Nothing changes the situation at AFC, even if we win.

I've watched Barcelona play live a few times, and they're great with the ball, but not sure they're good with players running at them, or the ball over the top or down the flanks to run on to. Messi is stunning, but I bet he's closed right down from the first minute.

Can't wait, Gunners to go through on away goals, assuming key players are fit.

Bayern in the quarters. Not so keen on that one.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Block93 wrote:Reading this thread, not sure why we're bothering to turn up for this one. Haven't Barcelona lost and then drawn with average La Liga teams in recent weeks? Are they allowed 13 players on the pitch or something?

With a full squad out, we have plenty of pace and creativity, and ok we'll concede, but so will they.

It's a great draw, far better than the turgid affair like last year. Anyone who isn't looking forward to it is surely kidding themselves.

Sometimes it's almost as if people want us to get gubbed to prove the point. Nothing changes the situation at AFC, even if we win.

I've watched Barcelona play live a few times, and they're great with the ball, but not sure they're good with players running at them, or the ball over the top or down the flanks to run on to. Messi is stunning, but I bet he's closed right down from the first minute.

All the arsenal haters on here won't like your post. :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Arsenal club secretary on Sky just now saying that because the games are played in Feb/March we will have some of our injured players back and we can give them "a very good game" They have good players but we also have world class players and a full strength Arsenal will give them a "very good game". How's that for encouraging huh, absolutely ZERO belief we can win but if we are at full strength we'll give them a good game. The loser mentality & mindset at the club is so deeply ingrained now, from Wenger right through the club down to the players. Take a bow Arsene.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Block93 wrote:Reading this thread, not sure why we're bothering to turn up for this one. Haven't Barcelona lost and then drawn with average La Liga teams in recent weeks? Are they allowed 13 players on the pitch or something?

All the arsenal haters on here won't like your post. :lol:

Yeah, I had to think twice before posting it on to this forum. Perhaps I could pretend I was being ironic?

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Jack Wilshere will be back to make the difference in this one ;)

The problem will be when you have the likes of Ramsey playing himself into form in the middle of the park, and Giroud on form up top, but Wenger feels the need to reinstate Cazorla when fit, plus Walcott upfront who is nowhere NEAR as effective a striking option as Giroud.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Unless we're making about 3 or 4 major signings in Jan, I can't see this even being competitive. They literally have the best attacking trio in the history of football. We have the BFG, who struggles with the pace and quality of low level Premier League players. It's going to be a nightmare. We will have 30% possession and will tire chasing shadows.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Block93 wrote:Can't wait, Gunners to go through on away goals, assuming key players are fit.
:coffeespit:

Our key players (bar a couple) are inferior to theirs.

We'll get bummed.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

officepest wrote:
Block93 wrote:Can't wait, Gunners to go through on away goals, assuming key players are fit.

We'll get bummed.
You're going on Mcd's list mate.

:lol: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

arseofacrow wrote:
officepest wrote:

We'll get bummed.

:lol: in fairness I should have posted the arsenal hater not haters.

Dutch10Gooner

Post by Dutch10Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Dutch10Gooner wrote:Barcelona is lovely in March! :)

February as well :D
Its March i will be there.....witnessing the slaughter
Me too, looking forward to it 8) :rubchin:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

arseofacrow wrote:
officepest wrote:

We'll get bummed.

:worried: :wink:

I don't mean to be too negative, but we haven't a hope; not over one leg, two or twelve. We're a million miles away from their quality, and I fear a heavy beating.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

We feared a heavy beating last time, we ended up losing 4-3 and our team was worse than it will be this time.

Ok they were profligate particularly in the away leg but you never know.

Bendtner in the Nou Camp? Do me a favour. We would've snuck through on another day anyway with his goal that should've been.