Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
Robin_L
Posts: 867
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:55 pm
Location: North Bank Block 6

Re: Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

Post by Robin_L »

SteveO 35 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:21% of their points this season have come against us.

Anyone looking forward to Barca? :roll:
About as much as a trip to the dentist ! There is a pre-pubescent stalker around here though who hasn't slept for weeks in anticipation of a 5 goal mauling in the Nou Camp and who thinks the FA Cup isn't worth the shit on his shoes
You really are a clueless fucking idiot. Hopefully one of the banned posters is you, as I'm pretty sure you've wished death on Wenger before. Sad cunt.

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26913
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

Post by augie »

Havent got the time to scroll through the previous pages of todays posts so maybe I am repeating what some of you have already said, but here is my thoughts -

1. When you have a slow centre back, the last thing you do is play a high line and that is exactly what we do :roll: BFG was burned by a simple ball in behind him and he had to go, but he should have butchered him instead of barely catching him :evil: The sidewards glance before he made the lunge was totally bizarre and I have never seen anything like it before :shock:

2. Taking giroud off was probably the biggest factor in that defeat - when you are down to 10 men you need to play a strong striker who can hold the ball up and take the pressure off us at times - we all know that giroud is sometimes a big pussy but he is the ONLY player we have that can fill that role and he should never have been subbed and the look on his face summed up how many of us feel. If subbing giroud was shocking, the decision to play NO STRIKER at all was absolutely disgraceful - we had the ball out wide on occasions and had nobody to cross it to :roll: It also basically held up the white flag and sent a very negative/surrender message to our players.

3. Wally - is there a more useless c.unt in our squad than this fraud ?? He is beyond useless and hasn't a f.ucking Scooby doo where to go and his use of the ball is dogshite. Giving this w.anker the armband as a recognition of 10 years of average service sums up everything that is wrong with this club - mediocrity now rewards players £140k per week and wearing the captains armband of a once proud club :oops: :cry:

4. What is the point of this w.anker ? He certainly provides zero protection to our back 4 and he has zero positional sense nor discipline to play where he is meant to be :roll: Slag off cesc all we like, but he absolutely ran that game today and we never got near him - he slowed the game down when needed, and he linked their play all day long. As rodders said, if the Egyptian camel farmer isn't better than flamoney then why buy him ? It is another signing that is indicative of the w.anker managers transfer policy - sign players who are at a similar level to what we already have so that there can be no big clamour to promote players over the pre existing shit that is in our team

5. Ramsey - I have mixed opinions on his performance today largely because he worked harder defensively today, and that is something that I said he couldn't do. However he also seemed to be obsessed with getting as many touches of the ball as humanly possible - at times he kept coming back alongside our centre backs just to take the ball off them, and then he played small sidewards passes. For me a pass has to have some purpose and not just pass for passing sake :roll:

6. What to say about le cock - the man surrendered today when the bfg got sent off and he had his ready made excuse. Back in his early tenure we frequently had players sent off, but that didn't mean that we rolled over for whatever opposition we played - these days wenker has accumulated a pile of gutless shite who are a mirror image of their manager

User avatar
northbank123
Posts: 12340
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:05 am
Location: Newcastle

Re: Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

Post by northbank123 »

Ramsey has been getting better and better recently and worked very hard today but just couldn't get anything right at all.

Agree that he was trying too hard.

User avatar
Midz
Posts: 2954
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: Gabba Gabba Hey!!

Re: Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

Post by Midz »

Walcott should've made way for Gabriel today.

Theo might have been at the club for 10 years but 6 of them have been spent on the sick bed.
He's never shown the true potential that we thought he might have.
Today he just lost the ball or mispassed it and never once caused chelsea a problem. What a waste of space.

User avatar
QuartzGooner
Posts: 14474
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 pm
Location: London

Re: Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

Post by QuartzGooner »

I can only guess the choice to substitute Giroud rather than say Campbell was because Giroud had injured his ankle in the week and was a doubt for today?
No other explanation.

User avatar
rodders999
Posts: 13970
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Diamond Club

Re: Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

Post by rodders999 »

He didn't look best pleased coming off and any howls of derision directed at the "manager" coming from the stands (fleeting though they were) are welcomed by me.

Horrific decision.

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26913
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

Post by augie »

QuartzGooner wrote:I can only guess the choice to substitute Giroud rather than say Campbell was because Giroud had injured his ankle in the week and was a doubt for today?
No other explanation.

What about wenker ? Ridiculous substitutions have been the norm from him for years :roll: :banghead:

Btw the look on giroud's face when he was subbed, did not suggest that he was injured or that he expected to be subbed, and he certainly was not happy at being subbed

User avatar
northbank123
Posts: 12340
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:05 am
Location: Newcastle

Re: Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

Post by northbank123 »

QuartzGooner wrote:I can only guess the choice to substitute Giroud rather than say Campbell was because Giroud had injured his ankle in the week and was a doubt for today?
No other explanation.
Very wrong Quartz. Wenger came out and said he took Giroud off because we needed pace and counter-attacking threat.

Had he been carrying an injury you can bet your bottom dollar that Wenger would have covered his own back by telling everyone.

User avatar
QuartzGooner
Posts: 14474
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 pm
Location: London

Re: Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

Post by QuartzGooner »

northbank123 wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:I can only guess the choice to substitute Giroud rather than say Campbell was because Giroud had injured his ankle in the week and was a doubt for today?
No other explanation.
Very wrong Quartz. Wenger came out and said he took Giroud off because we needed pace and counter-attacking threat.

Had he been carrying an injury you can bet your bottom dollar that Wenger would have covered his own back by telling everyone.
That explanation from Wenger astounds me.

It was reported on Five Live before the game that Giroud had a pre match fitness test because of the ankle injury he got in training this week.

If Wenger chose to substitute him because he thought we needed pace, I would agree with Augie that it was not the best decision to substitute Giroud, and that against two large centre backs and against Mikel we needed a physical threat as much as we needed pace, which we could always introduce from the bench later in the game if Giroud was not working well.

User avatar
g88ner
Posts: 14101
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:17 pm

Re: Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:I can only guess the choice to substitute Giroud rather than say Campbell was because Giroud had injured his ankle in the week and was a doubt for today?
No other explanation.

What about wenker ? Ridiculous substitutions have been the norm from him for years :roll: :banghead:

Btw the look on giroud's face when he was subbed, did not suggest that he was injured or that he expected to be subbed, and he certainly was not happy at being subbed
I had the same look on my face. Ridiculous decision. For most of the game we seemed to play without a striker at all! mental.

Robin_L
Posts: 867
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:55 pm
Location: North Bank Block 6

Re: Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

Post by Robin_L »

When you have 10 men and you're reduced to occasional breakaway counters to nab a goal, then you need someone that can hold the ball up and allow you to get up the pitch.

Giroud is THE ONLY CURRENT PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYER REGISTERED TO THIS CLUB THAT CAN DO THIS. Theo Walcott cannot. Sometimes when Giroud isn't playing we look toothless as fuck and that's with 11 men. With 10 we were never going to score against the chavs today, we could've played all week I reckon. For me it's like Wenger chucked the game in with that substitution. I would've taken off one of Campbell or Walcott, thus retaining at least some pace + Giroud's attributes.

Step
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

Post by Step »

FACT Whoever wins the premier league will be the worst to have ever done so.
Fact We will not win the premier league.
Fact This was our best opportunity to win the premier league again.
Fact With the right manager (Klopp/Pocatino (however you spell it) we would be 5+ pts ahead by now.
Fact Wenger is a deluded old has been and never has the grace to give any credit to a team that has just outplayed him (Southampton!)
Fact We flatter to deceive time and time again.
Fact Wenger is a total embarrassment and the reason this club has stagnated over the past 10 years.
Fact We will never win the league again under this deluded cretin.

Worries
- Leicester will beat us at the Emirates
- Spurs will almost certainly finish above us and have a far better chance of the league than we do (due to the Managers in place.

Argue all you want but we will go nowhere under this man

Oh and by the way taking off Giroud because he wanted to use pace is all very well but it's only going to work if you have someone in the box to finish it off.

The tactical genius has done us again.

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 18273
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

Step wrote:FACT Whoever wins the premier league will be the worst to have ever done so.
Fact We will not win the premier league.
Fact This was our best opportunity to win the premier league again.
Fact With the right manager (Klopp/Pocatino (however you spell it) we would be 5+ pts ahead by now.
Fact Wenger is a deluded old has been and never has the grace to give any credit to a team that has just outplayed him (Southampton!)
Fact We flatter to deceive time and time again.
Fact Wenger is a total embarrassment and the reason this club has stagnated over the past 10 years.
Fact We will never win the league again under this deluded cretin.

Worries
- Leicester will beat us at the Emirates
- Spurs will almost certainly finish above us and have a far better chance of the league than we do (due to the Managers in place.

Argue all you want but we will go nowhere under this man

Oh and by the way taking off Giroud because he wanted to use pace is all very well but it's only going to work if you have someone in the box to finish it off.

The tactical genius has done us again.
Not sure about all those FACTS....Rafa is that you ? :wink:
Most of what you say is true - we certainly won't win the league under Wenger, and this year's winners should be award a trophy made out of rust such is the disrepair that the league is in !

Spurs will still manage to finish below us though and Leicester will make the mistake of going all out against us as they did at home and will leave gaps. Also don't agree with Pochettino - he's another 'loser' manager in the Martinez category for me.

Robin_L
Posts: 867
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:55 pm
Location: North Bank Block 6

Re: Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

Post by Robin_L »

The only necessary argument is whether you need to brush up on what a fact is. I'm not being mean, but the jury wouldn't need a lunch break.

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26913
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

Post by augie »

Robin_L wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:21% of their points this season have come against us.

Anyone looking forward to Barca? :roll:
About as much as a trip to the dentist ! There is a pre-pubescent stalker around here though who hasn't slept for weeks in anticipation of a 5 goal mauling in the Nou Camp and who thinks the FA Cup isn't worth the shit on his shoes
You really are a clueless fucking idiot. Hopefully one of the banned posters is you, as I'm pretty sure you've wished death on Wenger before. Sad cunt.


That my friend is akin to an opposition playing waving an imaginary yellow card to the ref trying to get our players booked or sent off :evil: Most people on here are very passionate about our club, and sometimes that passion becomes over-heated and leads us to say things that we wouldn't normally do - to ban someone for a spur of the moment backlash seems harsh to me, and a long term ban certainly wouldn't be my way to go. I have, in the past, been threatened on here (by pm no less) and I didn't for one second consider looking to get the guy banned for what I felt was frustration that boiled over - threatening another member ot slandering another member/fan deserves the strongest punishment possible, but abusing a player or club official who doesn't know that you exist, is hardly crime of the century in my book

Looking to get someone banned is not cool and I just know that at least one, and maybe both people, will be among the best posters on here :( :(

Post Reply