Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Step

Re: Chavski home Sun 24th 4.00pm

Post by Step »

I hate to say it but Spuds will hammer us unless someone (Bouldy) gets hold of Wenger (by the neck extremely hard) and sorts it out tactically. Top 4 is a dream for us at the moment and to be honest it may be the only way we get rid of this old deluded fool.

This is the man who said the January transfer window will be busy for Arsenal- this actually equates to one signing and the 'new arrivals' in terms of injured players returning. We've heard it all before.

And why do players (Theo) mouth off on Moron Media before the game (we owe them one). It never works.

And giving him the armband gave out the wrong signal. Stick with your captain and praise the decade man if/when you win the game.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

augie wrote:That my friend is akin to an opposition playing waving an imaginary yellow card to the ref trying to get our players booked or sent off :evil: Most people on here are very passionate about our club, and sometimes that passion becomes over-heated and leads us to say things that we wouldn't normally do - to ban someone for a spur of the moment backlash seems harsh to me, and a long term ban certainly wouldn't be my way to go. I have, in the past, been threatened on here (by pm no less) and I didn't for one second consider looking to get the guy banned for what I felt was frustration that boiled over - threatening another member ot slandering another member/fan deserves the strongest punishment possible, but abusing a player or club official who doesn't know that you exist, is hardly crime of the century in my book

Looking to get someone banned is not cool and I just know that at least one, and maybe both people, will be among the best posters on here :( :(
I am 99% sure that one was Hartson. He posted on the Wenger thread something of immense stupidity and the post, along with my response (which quoted his), was subsequently deleted once Quartz logged in.

PM him (Quartz) for more info because I don't think it would be wise of me to repeat it.

augie

Post by augie »

officepest wrote:
augie wrote:That my friend is akin to an opposition playing waving an imaginary yellow card to the ref trying to get our players booked or sent off :evil: Most people on here are very passionate about our club, and sometimes that passion becomes over-heated and leads us to say things that we wouldn't normally do - to ban someone for a spur of the moment backlash seems harsh to me, and a long term ban certainly wouldn't be my way to go. I have, in the past, been threatened on here (by pm no less) and I didn't for one second consider looking to get the guy banned for what I felt was frustration that boiled over - threatening another member ot slandering another member/fan deserves the strongest punishment possible, but abusing a player or club official who doesn't know that you exist, is hardly crime of the century in my book

Looking to get someone banned is not cool and I just know that at least one, and maybe both people, will be among the best posters on here :( :(
I am 99% sure that one was Hartson. He posted on the Wenger thread something of immense stupidity and the post, along with my response (which quoted his), was subsequently deleted once Quartz logged in.

PM him (Quartz) for more info because I don't think it would be wise of me to repeat it.

I have long since suggested that hartson was a wum but I got shot down for saying it. If he is gone I wont shed any tears but I'm hoping that the other one isn't one of the quality posters on here

armchair

Post by armchair »

officepest wrote:

Mate I seen a couple posts about Wenger dying but the posts I seen were not "death threats" What did anyone post that was a "Wenger death threat" as quartz has said?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

He is a Wum,but really stepped over the line tonight with his reference to a paedophile investigation and wanting Wenger to die of aids.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

mcdowell42 wrote:He is a Wum,but really stepped over the line tonight with his reference to a paedophile investigation and wanting Wenger to die of aids.
Armchair:

What McD said.

armchair

Post by armchair »

officepest wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:He is a Wum,but really stepped over the line tonight with his reference to a paedophile investigation and wanting Wenger to die of aids.
Armchair:

What McD said.
Ok. What were the "death threats" though"?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

armchair wrote:
officepest wrote:
Armchair:

What McD said.
I'm fairly sure Quartz was referring to the above. So not death threats but wishing he would die. Either way, it's pretty fucked up.

armchair

Post by armchair »

g88ner wrote:
armchair wrote:
officepest wrote:
Armchair:

What McD said.
I'm fairly sure Quartz was referring to the above. So not death threats but wishing he would die. Either way, it's pretty fucked up.
Pretty fucked up it may be, but wishing someone was dead is not a fukin "death threat" ffs. Far from it.
So before mods start banning people they should really know what they're talking about. Because now we have posters banned for making "death threats" against Wenger when in fact no such "death threats" were even made........by anybody ffs. :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

armchair wrote:
g88ner wrote:
armchair wrote:
officepest wrote:
Armchair:

What McD said.
Pretty fucked up it may be, but wishing someone was dead is not a fukin "death threat" ffs. Far from it.
So before mods start banning people they should really know what they're talking about. Because now we have posters banned for making "death threats" against Wenger when in fact no such "death threats" were even made........by anybody ffs. :roll:
I'm not sure why you're so angry about it but I'll tell you what I know.

Hartson was temporarily banned for wishing Wenger had aids and making a comment about Wenger being a paedo. I believe the other poster was given a tiny, minuscule 24hr ban for also wishing Wenger was dead.

It's hardly a travesty of justice surely?

I'll delete the death threat thread as, on the information I have, it's not accurate as you angrily point out. If in fact death threats were made, Quartz can repost it.

There. Everyone happy and no lives lost. :cheers:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Saying someone made death threats against Wenger when in fact they did not is inaccurate g88ner. Then to go put a thread on the front page of the forum about it, locked with an inaccurate title where everybody can see it is just plain stupid.

Im not angry at all. Its strange that those allegedly accusing others of something as serious as apparent libel cant get the facts right themselves.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I get as angry as the next person when it comes to Wenger, but isn't it enough to just call him
a wanker, without needing to make it overly nasty.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

armchair wrote:Saying someone made death threats against Wenger when in fact they did not is inaccurate g88ner. Then to go put a thread on the front page of the forum about it, locked with an inaccurate title where everybody can see it is just plain stupid.

Im not angry at all. Its strange that those allegedly accusing others of something as serious as apparent libel cant get the facts right themselves.
I agree mate; I think it's probably inaccurate but easily resolved. If Quartz did indeed get his wording wrong, then I'm sure it was just an innocent mistake. If it wasn't a mistake, he can repost it tomorrow.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Just seen a replay of Giroud gettin subbed off. He reminded me of how my 16yo acts when I tell him to empty the dishwasher....

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Redarmy wrote:
Natural Born Gooner wrote:Walcott is captain :lol: :lol: :lol:
Captain the wanker should not even be in the team the spineless barstad
I almost choked when I saw the armband on him. It makes a joke of what a captain should stand for in any sporting team. The "Boy Wonder" was his usual inept self again & did fuck all. If we had started the game with the team that finished it we may have got a result. Even with 10 men !. As long as we end up above scum on the table I don't care anymore. :banghead: :banghead: