Southampton home game thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Mistical92

Re: Southampton home game thread

Post by Mistical92 »

I see the ineptitude, but I can't be bothered to voice it at games because ultimately it's a waste of energy on something that's supposed to be enjoyable. If it gets to the point when I don't enjoy it then I stop going for a while. Fans revolting will do bugger all, look at United's fans, Van Gaal is still in a job, Wenger is still in a job. Fans across the board (in England) have no power and even when they routinely get pissed on they just keep turning up and paying their money. Until fans start to vote with their feet, there's little point in abusing Wenger and the Board. They couldn't give a fuck.

Step

Post by Step »

The sooner Wenger is literally manacled, bound to a wheel chair and wheeled out of our club the better.

He is a total embarrassment. I gave my season tkt up 4 years ago because of him and told the club so when the called to ask if I was sure I wanted to relinquish it.

It's the best thing I could ever have done.

I can see Bournmouth ,Leicester and the Spuds beating us and Barca will just be a total embarrassment.

Go now Arsene you've put us through enough over the last 7 seasons and there is absolutely no sign of any progression.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

Step wrote:The sooner Wenger is literally manacled, bound to a wheel chair

The players would still get the same level of in game man management as they get at the moment.

Now the 4th official might have an easier run of things alright :twisted: And sleeping bags everywhere could rest easily :twisted:

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Can anyone explain to me:

1. Why The Ox didn't play at all?

2. Why Flamini did play?

3. Why Campbell started?

4.. Why we didn't sign a striker in the window?

5. The maths behind quantum physics? (OK, so I had to give you one question you might be able to answer)

Absolutely dire. Knew it was 0-0 from half-time, (unless it was going to be 0-1, pretty iffy tackle by Gabriel)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Block93 wrote:Can anyone explain to me:

1. Why The Ox didn't play at all? Because he's been shit every time he has

2. Why Flamini did play? Because despite our worldwide scouting network working 24 hrs a day all year there wasn't a single player who could improve us in that position or at least not one who officially was holding a For Sale sign approved by his club

3. Why Campbell started? Who should have instead....see answer 1 and did u see Wally when he came on?

4.. Why we didn't sign a striker in the window? Nobody available at the right price or officially for sale

5. The maths behind quantum physics? (OK, so I had to give you one question you might be able to answer) I haven't worked a single day in quantum physics but I know someone who has for 30 years that might be able to help

Absolutely dire. Knew it was 0-0 from half-time, (unless it was going to be 0-1, pretty iffy tackle by Gabriel)

Tommy_Goon

Post by Tommy_Goon »

wheels are falling proper off. rinse and repeat. why i bother going to watch it again and again

please get theo walcott away from this club. and ramsey right now if he continues to play like this, comfortably the worst player on the pitch tonight. wanyama looked fucking brilliant compared to him.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Why No El'Erny tonight or was he injured along with young Tomas against Bernly ?. Wow didn't Feo make an impact off the bench tonight!!!. 4th - dream on. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

So fucking predictable, not just tonight but overall. I did believe we had great chance of winning the title purely based on how poor the league is . Even that hope was stupidly misplaced. How much longer can this go on.? Im so frustrated by this Club and its lack of ambition.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Just a question for anyone who went to the game...?
On SSN Phil Thompson summary was along the lines of Arsenal played well, had chances, best goalkeeping he's seen all season, cant believe we didn't win. A new striker wouldn't have made difference as Sanchez, ozil, giroud and Walcott all had chances saved. Koeman said it was a lucky point.

Were we awful, lacklustre, or good but unlucky??

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Title Challenge hahahahahahahaha :roll:

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Nos89 wrote:Just a question for anyone who went to the game...?
On SSN Phil Thompson summary was along the lines of Arsenal played well, had chances, best goalkeeping he's seen all season, cant believe we didn't win. A new striker wouldn't have made difference as Sanchez, ozil, giroud and Walcott all had chances saved. Koeman said it was a lucky point.

We did have enough chances to win and Forster made a couple of great saves. Sanchez had a poor game and Walcott had another chance to show he's worth anything and, as usual, fucked it. A better striker would've scored one of the chances and created space with runs.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Chippy wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:
Chippy wrote:BTW those of you who got upset cos I was mildly threatening in my PM about the links, please bear in mind I am not typing everyone individually. It is 90% cut and paste. Any way the links were pretty shit tonight and I am not just talking about the football.
not sure what your link is but doesnt cricfree work for everyone anyway, why dont folks use that.
Usually on the site I am using the streams are close to HD quality and don't fail. Not tonight sadly. :cry:
I had a brilliant stream!!! Shame I could see our dross so clearly. :banghead: Another morning too wake up with that sinking feeling.

The wheels on the bus are falling of, falling off, falling off...

mojokickin

Post by mojokickin »

casgooner wrote:
Chippy wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:
Chippy wrote:BTW those of you who got upset cos I was mildly threatening in my PM about the links, please bear in mind I am not typing everyone individually. It is 90% cut and paste. Any way the links were pretty shit tonight and I am not just talking about the football.
not sure what your link is but doesnt cricfree work for everyone anyway, why dont folks use that.
Usually on the site I am using the streams are close to HD quality and don't fail. Not tonight sadly. :cry:
I had a brilliant stream!!! Shame I could see our dross so clearly. :banghead: Another morning too wake up with that sinking feeling.

The wheels on the bus are falling of, falling off, falling off...
worst. morning. ever.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Nos89 wrote:Just a question for anyone who went to the game...?

We had plenty of clear cut chances that really should have been taken.............Walcott and Ozil in particular.
The performance was very lacklustre and there didn't appear to be much urgency. Cech had very very little to do which makes it all the harder to take that we didn't win.
We are not title winners though. We just don't have that swagger or fight about us. And momentum is definitely not with us.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Can someone explain to me the straight swap of Coquelin for Flamini with less than 10 mins left when we needed a goal.
I haven't been in football for the last 30 years so I don't understand what the French bloke was doing :rubchin: