Southampton home game thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Southampton home game thread

Post by rodders999 »

Monsieur Bipolar disorder blowing mental strength out one arse cheek while blowing "we were leetle bit nervous after the bumholing we took off them on Boxing Day" out the other.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

mcdowell42 wrote:101m in revenues from match day income last season ,think we might have a few Bob. :lol:
seriously though, would happily swap walcott, chamberlain (sorry ox) and chambers for ward prowse, wanyama and pelle. we spent roughly £40m on that lot and unfortunately I don't we've really gained much

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

robbo10 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:Our current bogey team
As well as Chelsea?

And don't forget Stoke (must of been 100 years since we beat them away) :D :D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:101m in revenues from match day income last season ,think we might have a few Bob. :lol:
seriously though, would happily swap walcott, chamberlain (sorry ox) and chambers for ward prowse, wanyama and pelle. we spent roughly £40m on that lot and unfortunately I don't we've really gained much
Personally I like Wanyama. He is a big presence, happy to do the dirty work (rather than thinking he is too good to sit back against lesser sides) and is a decent enough footballer to boot - not to mention none of this bullshit 'acclimatising to the PL'. Not a glamorous name and not necessarily a world class signing but would definitely add a lot of value to the side.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Koeman knows how to beat us and sets his team up accordingly...our form hasn't been great but with Alexis and Coquelin back we might do this. We need to go on a winning run and it needs to start now.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Shane Long always scores against us.And not we have to contend with Austin and Sane too.

Sean

Post by Sean »

falkirk goon wrote:I wonder how this will go after todays turgid turdholing/trip over the line v burnley :oops: Let me think :rubchin: They have a manager who has le bumholes number...we have le bumhole....game will most probably be a pile of stinky shite :barscarf: :barscarf:
I concur 8)

Another 90 minutes of torturous shite, as standard :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Koeman does tactics (extremely well) Wenger thinks tactics are breath mints - Needless to say

We Are Fucked. :roll: :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Blade wrote:Shane Long always scores against us.And not we have to contend with Austin and Sane too.
Yeah good point, our defence looks shaky to say the least from set plays and corners, big danger, who ever is up front against us

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Well, I think we will win this. Sure it will be the usual roller coaster, and we will all be berating everything Arsenal before the final whistle out of frustration, but we will win! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Worried about this, as stated previously, Koeman sets his teams up well and Arsene doesn't. I am going for 2-2 with us getting the late goal this time with Arsene going into overdrive about desire and mental strength.
I don't get the call for "revenge" or this being a chance of revenge. What are we going to do to get revenge? Beat Southampton ? Would it have to be by 5-0 for complete revenge? We were an embarrassment at St Mary's , the games that followed were time for Arsenal to prove themselves, not the reverse fixture even though it is quite close to the first game.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The inevitable collapse is already well under way with 2 points from the last 9, and no goals in the last 2. Koeman has easily sussed us out and at best I expect another pedestrian, dull, draw and at worst a defeat with them breaking up our play easily and waiting till we've committed the usual "eight players forward" before hitting us on the break.

Nothing but another month of struggle and shite before the orgasmic 4th place recovery process begins around Easter time when the whipping boys all come to town in holiday mode

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

We are actually all set up to make our 4th place look in jeopardy in mid-March before roaring back to CL-qualification glory once again.

Cue being told that Wenger will undoubtedly learn from his mistakes this season. And Giroud lining up at the start of next season as our unchallenged lone striker.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

northbank123 wrote:We are actually all set up to make our 4th place look in jeopardy in mid-March before roaring back to CL-qualification glory once again.

Cue being told that Wenger will undoubtedly learn from his mistakes this season. And Giroud lining up at the start of next season as our unchallenged lone striker.
Absolutely as certain as night following day mate. All the ingredients are there - a mauling in Nou Camp which will "affect leetle bit the confidence and speerit", a trip to OT where despite what virtually everyone else has done up there we'll trudge off the field having had one shot on target in the 85th minute, and trips to the Shithole and Goodison in March. I'm predicting a total of no more than 12 points from February and March combined.

But just when the April Fools have truly shown themselves up, along come good old Watford on the 2nd with the holiday bound Hammers, Palace, Sunderland and Norwich in quick succession to ensure all that lovely season ticket money comes rolling in. Cue mass orgasm in the Summer when Isco signs to complete Wenger's dream line up of Cech in goal, 9 lightweights and the Lampost up front for next season !

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

northbank123 wrote:We are actually all set up to make our 4th place look in jeopardy in mid-March before roaring back to CL-qualification glory once again.

Learn from his mistakes??? Mistakes, that is a disgraceful thing to say as well as being ungrateful to the man who will lead us once again to CL qualification. Btw apparently Rosicky picked up a thigh injury yesterday (back too early perhaps??) and is out for a month (Read rest of season) Hey ho, it's all starting to come together.......