Southampton home game thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

Southampton home game thread

Post by REB »

Up next . Revenge time . 3/0 to the gooners .

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: Southampton home game thread

Post by officepest »

REB wrote:Up next . Revenge time . 3/0 to the gooners .
With the way we've been defending of late a clean sheet will be a fucking miracle.

Austin will bag a double hattrick and Wenger will moan that Austin's cock was offside for all six.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Think we will struggle.

Like Swansea (until last few months), Southampton are a footballing team but they press hard and are well-organised defensively. Hence we have found it hard-going against both since their promotions.

We've not played well really since City back in early December. Whilst we've been able to still get past the likes of Sunderland, Newcastle and Bournemouth at home we got exactly what we deserved at Stoke, Southampton, Liverpool and against Chelsea. Well have to be better here and with trips to United, Spurs, Barca and Everton within 3 weeks we are in for a horrendous 6 weeks or so. You think the atmosphere was poisonous after the Chelsea game, you wait til mid-March.

The problem with us is that when it pours it rains. We don't go and play poorly for 2 or 3 games, more like 2 or 3 months. Look at the epic scale of our capitulations from title-challenging positions in 2008, 2010 and 2014.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

northbank123 wrote:Think we will struggle.

Like Swansea (until last few months), Southampton are a footballing team but they press hard and are well-organised defensively. Hence we have found it hard-going against both since their promotions.

We've not played well really since City back in early December. Whilst we've been able to still get past the likes of Sunderland, Newcastle and Bournemouth at home we got exactly what we deserved at Stoke, Southampton, Liverpool and against Chelsea. Well have to be better here and with trips to United, Spurs, Barca and Everton within 3 weeks we are in for a horrendous 6 weeks or so. You think the atmosphere was poisonous after the Chelsea game, you wait til mid-March.

The problem with us is that when it pours it rains. We don't go and play poorly for 2 or 3 games, more like 2 or 3 months. Look at the epic scale of our capitulations from title-challenging positions in 2008, 2010 and 2014.
We are looking terrible, the worst over an extended period that I remember for years. Our underbelly was always soft for the last 5/6 years but now... there is zero fight in this team at all. Depending how United perform I can see us falling out of the top 4 in the next 6 weeks. Clinging on to 4th place by mid March, AT BEST. Ironically that will light a fire under Wengers A$$ and we will go on a half arsed unbeaten run and probably scrape home in 4th. Cue huge celebrations, lack of any signings in the summer completely overlooked as all focus will be on the Euro's. AND, new contract for Wenger.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

officepest wrote:
With the way we've been defending of late a clean sheet will be a fucking miracle.

Austin will bag a double hattrick and Wenger will moan that Austin's cock was offside for all six.
Agreed. We'll struggle to keep a clean sheet between now and the end of the season, every combination of our defence is complete dog shite.

Since that night at Anfield when we made a striker-less Liverpool look like the Harlem fucking globetrotters letting in 3 and could have easily been 6 the victims have followed that up by producing the following in their next three home games -

90 mins v United - no goals
120 mins v Stoke - no goals
90 mins v West Ham - no goals

:cussing:

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

2-1 with Alexis dragging us through again, it will be close though.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I wonder how this will go after todays turgid turdholing/trip over the line v burnley :oops: Let me think :rubchin: They have a manager who has le bumholes number...we have le bumhole....game will most probably be a pile of stinky shite :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Our current bogey team

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

falkirk goon wrote:I wonder how this will go after todays turgid turdholing/trip over the line v burnley :oops: Let me think :rubchin: They have a manager who has le bumholes number...we have le bumhole....game will most probably be a pile of stinky shite :barscarf: :barscarf:
Yay :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

officepest wrote:

"I feel we played a leetle beet with the handbrake after they destroyed us at St Mary's....I think that thrashing played a leetle beet with our world famous mental strength", :oops: :oops: :banghead: :banghead:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Our current bogey team
As well as Chelsea?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

robbo10 wrote:

As well as Chelsea?

I meant as in teams that don't have our resources

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
robbo10 wrote:

As well as Chelsea?

I meant as in teams that don't have our resources
Do we have "resources" then? :rubchin:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

101m in revenues from match day income last season ,think we might have a few Bob. :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

3-0 and the march continues on towards the Title :D