Bournemouth away Sunday 1330

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Bournemouth away Sunday 1330

Post by Redarmy »

armchair wrote:Do you think we'd have won that game with Almunia, Flappy even Shezza in nets? I dont.

Just another example of how Wenger has failed us for so, so long by neglecting key positions. And he's still doing it.

Yeah and he only got Cech because he could not really get out of it

seeing as he stated he was leaving Chelsea and wants too stay in London....he is a shit manager now

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Important to finally stop the rot and win the game. Both of our goals were well-taken as well. Agree entirely with the comments about Cech - imagine how nervous we'd have been with Flappy, Almunia or Szczesny flapping around. Their defence was all over the shop, we could've sent a real statement out and put 4 or 5 on them.

As usual piss-poor game management by Wenger mind. We were pretty awful second half but he just sat there and watched it. For the last 20 minutes Giroud was walking around, not closing down, not holding the ball up and generally not offering anything - he should have been brought off and Walcott or Iwobi on in his place to stretch the game, chase defenders down and threaten on the counter. Likewise this Gibbs experiment is a joke - he ends up everywhere except defending the left channel and offers very little going forward.

Flamini is also beyond belief - what was he thinking with that tackle? 95% of the time he would have seen red for it. Beyond that he was awful as he just runs around like a headless chicken and cannot jockey people so just ends up getting skinned. Coquelin shored things up massively when he came on I thought. Koscielny and Gabriel also looked shaky all game and thankfully Bournemouth didn't figure out that they should try to put a few crosses in until the last 10 minutes.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Seemed a fairly decent performance overall, I'd be happy enough winning away games in that manner all season. Quite surprised, I called it a must win game and thought our unlikely title chances would be almost toast after tonight.

We've tightened up at the back again which is always good, even if it's basically Cech's brilliance that has been behind most of our clean sheets recorded this season.

Herd

Post by Herd »

And hey presto its back on again ,just like that !

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

3 points is 3 points, nothing to see here move along please... wish Wenger would :rubchin:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

I want us to win the league so I'm delighted with the 3 points and clean sheet. Never out of 3rd gear.
But:
1) Flamini is always always going to be a fucking liability. Why have him out there?
2) Not convinced by Gabriel.
3) Shit 2nd half game management by Wenger.
4) Ramsey has regressed to Hollywood flick mode. I like him a helluva lot but come on son sort it.
5) Cech and Bellerin were joint MOM I felt

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

3pts, clean sheet, job done 8)

Step

Post by Step »

The worrying thing is Wenger's tactics once Arsenal are in front.

Today was a classic example. We are 2 up and frankly when we scored the 2nd if we had carried on with that sort of purpose we could have got more. Half time comes and that's it. We sit back. Then the classic. He warms Theo Up (potentially a good move to bring him on and hit them with counter attacking pace- Wenger showing some tactical awareness) but then brings Coquelin on for Ox.

Then lets take off our other real pacey threat Sanchez and replace him not with Theo but with gibbs.

This was the tactic he employed at the scousers last season and a couple of weeks back.

Effectively you are saying to the opposition attack at your will. We have nothing to counter with.

It costs us virtually everytime.

We are crap at defending but good going forward so play to your strengths.

We got away with it today as Bournmouth were poor but Spuds or Citeh will not be so charitable.

And he's paid £8M to come up with tactics like these.

And lay off Flamini he remains the man!!!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Not the world's greatest ever performance but comfortable enough I thought. 2nd half was a bit torturous at times.

The laugh of the day - Aaron Ramsey man of the match. Honest to god, who voted for him, his mum ? Also not sure what is happening with Gabriel - thought he was starting to improve this season but he looks an accident waiting to happen half the time. Fair play to Cech - he was a very reassuring presence between the sticks today.

Bournemouth were absolutely toothless up front - not sure we need to worry too much about Afobe being one that goes on to haunt us.....he's absolutely shite !

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Step, mate either you've had a drink or you're smoking interesting cigarettes tonight?!
I'll grant you Flamini wins an Oscar for finger pointing and manic clapping at corners but apart from this he's a fucking liability

augie

Post by augie »

My kid had a big game himself in Dublin today so I missed this game - I set the sky + to record it but the ba.stard recording failed ( :x ) although by the sounds of it I didn't miss much :lol:

When I got home I watched a few mins of le cock being interviewed on sky and they put it to him that flamoney was lucky not to get red card, and he defended him by saying that we should have had a free (talk about extremes :roll: ). I haven't seen the tackle yet so I went through a few of the pages of this thread that focused around the time of the tackle - can you imagine my surprise to see that the vast, vast majority of comments saying that he should have seen red ? :roll: The mercenary wa.nker is and always has been a walking liability - he hasn't got enough brains to fill a smartie, but his tackling goes way past the point of reckless :oops: Where the fcuk is elneny ? What did we buy this camel jockey for ??

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:My kid had a big game himself in Dublin today so I missed this game - I set the sky + to record it but the ba.stard recording failed ( :x ) although by the sounds of it I didn't miss much :lol:

When I got home I watched a few mins of le cock being interviewed on sky and they put it to him that flamoney was lucky not to get red card, and he defended him by saying that we should have had a free (talk about extremes :roll: ). I haven't seen the tackle yet so I went through a few of the pages of this thread that focused around the time of the tackle - can you imagine my surprise to see that the vast, vast majority of comments saying that he should have seen red ? :roll: The mercenary wa.nker is and always has been a walking liability - he hasn't got enough brains to fill a smartie, but his tackling goes way past the point of reckless :oops: Where the fcuk is elneny ? What did we buy this camel jockey for ??

He's on paternity leave Augie

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Augie apparently Elneny had a baby. As for the 2 footed tackle, Flamini won it cleanly but in this day and age it would have been a red more than not. TA6 would have been proud of it. Having said that he was total shite for the rest of the game.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Elneny knows the score, child benefit is shite back home.

Kevaldo

Post by Kevaldo »

Shouting at the TV on several occasions today... Im rarely so pissed off after an away victory but this was disturbing...at times we were totally unconvincing and would have come unstuck with these tactics at any team with half decent attackers. Fair enough we smashed and grabbed a couple of goals but after that we lacked the desire to go and really put the game out of site even though it was obviously there for us - what kind of tactic is that? To let Bournemouth come on to us and grow in confidence was rediculous... Put it down to complacency or arrogance, but we seemed to be casually strolling around like it was a preseason friendly after in the second half. I lost count of the amount of times we lost possession, especially in key areas, everyone was guilty today. Even Sanchez was pretty poor. Flamini is a total whopper - stupidity personified for almost getting sent off within 5 mins- what was he thinking? We need to buck our ideas up massively if we are going to do anything this season.