Swansea H Wed 2nd 1945

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Swansea H Wed 2nd 1945

Post by xisstential »

bergkamp10 wrote:
silus wrote:From now until the end of the season the players should just get on with it themselves.
We all know wenger is a waste of oxygen nowadays...so surely the players do.
If this bunch of pussies got together and decided they could actually win the league, we might just stand a chance.
I fully expect them to have enough about them to win tonight (which ever team is selected)...unfortunately I fully expect them to bottle it at the shit hole on Saturday.
3-1 to The Arsenal.
Great post!! I would ask however where is our leader within this team?
As I posted earlier Wenger said we have "leaders all over the pitch". So no worries there then. However asked to name them he declined, yet reiterated, "we have leaders in every position". Just another soundbite in a feelgood press conference. I cannot think of ONE leader in the team, certainly not the cowardly Mertersacker. Forget about the timids... Walcott, Ramsey, Bellerin, Ozil, Sanchez... forget about lover boy Giroud... Gabriel apparently is battling because he "doesn't speak English". So who does that leave.. Monreal maybe or Kos... good luck with that. So from "leaders all over the pitch" I cannot identify ONE.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

casgooner wrote:Leicester dropped points! Although 5 Live didn't see it that way, the Leicester machine goes marching on, according to them. No, you're top of the league and at home to West Brom, if you don't win it, you've dropped points! I can see Scum dropping points tonight, but we do have 3 tough away matches which could finish us. Still 10 games or so to go, that's 30 points to be won and lost, can't give up the hope just yet. We can only concentrate on our games and make sure we win them.

COME ON ARSENAL!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
I can see you're an optimistic one, which is good.
The fact is we are not and haven't been playing well enough at all this year.
2 wins from the last 7 league games is not championship winning form. Worse still , is the gutless performances we are seeing.
As much as I hate to say it, I think Spurs will beat WH tonight. To do so, will give them so much confidence that I fear the they will go on to win it. They are already hard to beat, confidence and a winning mentality being so important.
Can you really see us winning at the Lane?
Until the French bloke goes, it will be more of the same.
the most we can hope for is that Leicester can pip them to it..........................................

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

SPARKSY wrote:
casgooner wrote:Leicester dropped points! Although 5 Live didn't see it that way, the Leicester machine goes marching on, according to them. No, you're top of the league and at home to West Brom, if you don't win it, you've dropped points! I can see Scum dropping points tonight, but we do have 3 tough away matches which could finish us. Still 10 games or so to go, that's 30 points to be won and lost, can't give up the hope just yet. We can only concentrate on our games and make sure we win them.

COME ON ARSENAL!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
I can see you're an optimistic one, which is good.
The fact is we are not and haven't been playing well enough at all this year.
2 wins from the last 7 league games is not championship winning form. Worse still , is the gutless performances we are seeing.
As much as I hate to say it, I think Spurs will beat WH tonight. To do so, will give them so much confidence that I fear the they will go on to win it. They are already hard to beat, confidence and a winning mentality being so important.
Can you really see us winning at the Lane?
Until the French bloke goes, it will be more of the same.
the most we can hope for is that Leicester can pip them to it..........................................
We're not out of it yet, that's why I'm optimistic. There are many points to be won and lost, by all of those in contention. We have to not lose on Saturday though, and win tonight. It's tough, especially with the 'mental strength' and ba==s that we don't have. And just because I want us to win a poor league, doesn't mean I want Wenger to stay, he is a law unto himself. I would prefer us to win a poor league than lose a poor league.

fabiandeguisson

Post by fabiandeguisson »

I still believe City can pip them to it. I dont believe we are playing well enough to win it and although i will support us all the way i am a realist and the reality is we are not playing well. That is fact. And unfortunately Tottenhams form is good and they are playing some nice football at times and that is what wins or loses league titles. I am hoping City hit form and overcome them though as i truly dont believe we have enough in our locker to do so as much as i want us too though.

One thing is definite though, after we have all played 38 games the league table will not lie.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

fabiandeguisson wrote:I still believe City can pip them to it. I dont believe we are playing well enough to win it and although i will support us all the way i am a realist and the reality is we are not playing well. That is fact. And unfortunately Tottenhams form is good and they are playing some nice football at times and that is what wins or loses league titles. I am hoping City hit form and overcome them though as i truly dont believe we have enough in our locker to do so as much as i want us too though.

One thing is definite though, after we have all played 38 games the league table will not lie.
City are the dark horses in a way, but they too have had some shocking results this year, that is why they are currently below us. I am a realist though, the next few days will really tell us where we are. I'm hoping pool do a job on City tonight, they have a bit to prove and they area to home.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

massive night tonight - especially after the Leicester result yesterday.

if Spurs are going to drop points then this next couple of weeks when they still have to contend with Europa League games will be when they are going to drop them. a win for us and a draw for them would set up a momentus NLD.

By the way has Wenger ever beaten Pochettino in a league game?

augie

Post by augie »

I just wish this season was over already - no more bottling, no more talk about great mentality, no more talk about transfer war chests (the season tickets will have been renewed by then) and no more fear that I am about to suffer the darkest day in my 40 years as a Gooner :cry: :cry:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie[b] wrote:I just wish this season was over already [/b]- no more bottling, no more talk about great mentality, no more talk about transfer war chests (the season tickets will have been renewed by then) and no more fear that I am about to suffer the darkest day in my 40 years as a Gooner :cry: :cry:
Don't worry only have to wait another 14 days, by March 16th the season could well be over. Hang in there...

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:I just wish this season was over already - no more bottling, no more talk about great mentality, no more talk about transfer war chests (the season tickets will have been renewed by then) and no more fear that I am about to suffer the darkest day in my 40 years as a Gooner :cry: :cry:

according to Wenger on the website this morning
"Football is a pleasure. We should not forget that" :lol: :banghead:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
augie wrote:I just wish this season was over already - no more bottling, no more talk about great mentality, no more talk about transfer war chests (the season tickets will have been renewed by then) and no more fear that I am about to suffer the darkest day in my 40 years as a Gooner :cry: :cry:

according to Wenger on the website this morning
"Football is a pleasure. We should not forget that" :lol: :banghead:
How come I have no nails left then?

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Lads, where is the obligatory Mertesacker apology/promise to bounce back ahead of this game?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

A turgid nil-nil draw that is topped off by Wanker blaming the fans for making the players feel on edge and some bollox about how he didn't want to make a change because he feared how the fans would react.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:Lads, where is the obligatory Mertesacker apology/promise to bounce back ahead of this game?
:lol:

How many times can a bloke put his foot in his own mouth before he realises he should stop? :roll: :x

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Tonight we will see what spurs are made of. We know what would happen if we had a chance to go top, lets see how they respond to the challenge. The next 4 days will define our season. By Sunday all the pressure could be off and Wenger will have no problem inspiring this shit collection of players to nail down that final CL spot.Cannot gee them up for the FA cup or League Title but can cajole, berate and lead them to 4th. That is where the money is, that is the bedrock of his promise to Kroenke, I will keep us in Europe. Sickening really as all he cares about is the personal financial reward that brings. And the misguided belief that it's an achievement to keep qualifying for a competition that you cannot compete in.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

We will win tonight, do not think we will play well though

As for Scum at the weekend lets see what happens, praying they can work a miracle but realistically when you look around the dressing room and see people like Walcott, Ramsey and Giroud these are not the type you want alongside you in the trenches....

Think they will be up against it....the unthinkable edges nearer...someone has to suffer for that