Scum Away 5th March 2016

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
fabiandeguisson

Re: Scum Away 5th March 2016

Post by fabiandeguisson »

Right, just before i go i want to try and put a positive spin on things partly in hope and partly in desperation. If we play to our best we are capable of winning. We hit the woodwork 3 times against the Swans so on another day they go in.......today is that other day!!! The Swans really only had two chances and although they scored from both if we can defend just that little bit better we could nullify that threat.

Come on Arsenal, we can do this.

As Mr Miyagi would say............FOCUS!!!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Their form hasn't been great of late,
Won 6 and lost 1 of their last seven games.......fuck knows what you think of our form mate!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Won 6 and lost 1 of their last seven games.......fuck knows what you think of our form mate!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Aah yes but those wins were under "special circumstances" :wink: :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
:lol:

Aah yes but those wins were under "special circumstances" :wink: :lol:
Absolutely. :D

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Who in their team is struggling?? Who is worryingly out of form, short of goals, desperate to prove to himself and to his manager he is the guy for the job??? Well whoever you are mate, today is your lucky day.... Arsenal are coming round at lunchtime to make all your dreams come true. :barscarf: :barscarf:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

fabiandeguisson wrote:Right, just before i go i want to try and put a positive spin on things partly in hope and partly in desperation. If we play to our best we are capable of winning. We hit the woodwork 3 times against the Swans so on another day they go in.......today is that other day!!! The Swans really only had two chances and although they scored from both if we can defend just that little bit better we could nullify that threat.

Come on Arsenal, we can do this.

As Mr Miyagi would say............FOCUS!!!
Trouble is, we did our usual thing of thinking we'd one it at 1-0 and took our foot of the pedal. We gave Swansea confidence which is another Ground hog thing that we always do and don't change. Once Swansea got in the groove there was no way we were going to break them down. that and the lack of a decent striker on the pitch. :banghead:

LeftfootlegendGooner

xisstential wrote:Who in their team is struggling?? Who is worryingly out of form, short of goals, desperate to prove to himself and to his manager he is the guy for the job??? Well whoever you are mate, today is your lucky day.... Arsenal are coming round at lunchtime to make all your dreams come true. :barscarf: :barscarf:
:D
Tbf if Stephen Hawkings was lining up against us I'd put a sneaky tenner on him getting on the scoresheet :roll: :shock: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Looking forward to seeing the Gator later on and hearing how this latest shambles means he "definitely has to go", how "this is the most pressure he's ever been under" and how this represents "a turning point".

The only bit that will actually prove to be correct in that sentence of course will be the reappearance of this fella....

ONE HOSTGATOR......THERE'S ONLY ONE HOSTGATOR

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:Looking forward to seeing the Gator later on and hearing how this latest shambles means he "definitely has to go", how "this is the most pressure he's ever been under" and how this represents "a turning point".

The only bit that will actually prove to be correct in that sentence of course will be the reappearance of this fella....

Does that come up we we all start swearing badly and making libellous statements?

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

My prediction we will win is based on Wenger playing his get out of jail card, but any other way you measure it, they should win. They are playing better than us, and West Ham aside, they aren't choking like we are. I've lost count of the amount of our team that are woefully out of form. Giroud is awful and should be gone in the summer, and Sanchez is giving him a run for his money. While the less said about Ramsey, the better.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

I think that we are going to lose today,I just hope that we don't get humiliated! Listened to Piers Morgan,(and Rio Ferdinand), on Fletch and Sav, they both summed it up.
I really hope that we win today,but don't think that we will,(especially after being present for the joke of a performance against Swansea).
Wenger is like a vampire sucking the hopes and ambition out of our club. WENGER OUT! C.O.Y.G ! :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

:roll: :lol: :barscarf:
casgooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Looking forward to seeing the Gator later on and hearing how this latest shambles means he "definitely has to go", how "this is the most pressure he's ever been under" and how this represents "a turning point".

Does that come up we we all start swearing badly and making libellous statements?
No it's when too many females are on the forum posting and the guys on here are not getting their tea on time so the mods put "the gator" up just to remind those females to get cooking :roll: :lol: :barscarf:

I jest its when the forum is being overloaded with posts.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote::roll: :lol: :barscarf:
casgooner wrote:

No it's when too many females are on the forum posting and the guys on here are not getting their tea on time so the mods put "the gator" up just to remind those females to get cooking :roll: :lol: :barscarf:

I jest its when the forum is being overloaded with posts.
I was right then, when we're all making too many posts that are swearing badly and making libellous statements? (Make your won bloody tea!) :D :D

Sean

Post by Sean »

Should this one of the few games where we go defensive again?

It didn't work out last time at SHL. We took barrage after barrage of attacks and then we didn't have the energy left to attack, then Kane nicked it for them :banghead:

Should we be going all out suicidal gung-ho and get done on the counter?

Win, lose or draw, TOF will still be here :banghead:
Last edited by Sean on Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Ok couldn't get the squad down but ffs Joel on bench, Elneny playing, Giroud on bench........ Danny up front :rubchin:

Gibbs for Monreal too...