WBA HOME GAME

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

WBA HOME GAME

Post by REB »

our mental strength will show in this game :barscarf: :barscarf:

15-0 to the arsenal

SteveO 35

Re: WBA HOME GAME

Post by SteveO 35 »

More fun guessing how many people will show up as opposed to what happens on the pitch

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It'll be a Sell Out with 2,500 empty seats.... :D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Really looking forward to this one.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:It'll be a Sell Out with 2,500 empty seats.... :D
That's wayyyyyy too optimistic mate. I reckon there will be around 10,000 empties on Thursday.....perfect prep for when Thursday night football becomes a regular thing under TO1AW

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:It'll be a Sell Out with 2,500 empty seats.... :D
That's wayyyyyy too optimistic mate. I reckon there will be around 10,000 empties on Thursday.....perfect prep for when Thursday night football becomes a regular thing under TO1AW
Aaaah! but that's the virtual empty seat count - Not the real one.....also we have to take into consideration the expected virtual count and the announcers purposeful mis-interpretation of said virtual count.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

You know the manager is rubbish when you have no expectations of beating top teams. Whilst still fear losing points at home to lower places teams.

It should be the other way around. Optimistic yet cautions against top teams, whilst confident of displacing the lower placed teams.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

northbank123 wrote:Really looking forward to this one.
Absolutely!! Can't wait.... said nobody, ever!!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I'm going to this one :barscarf:
hoping that we keep our unbeaten league run going - if we don't lose this then it will be six unbeaten in the league which equals are best unbeaten run this season :barscarf:

one Arsene Wenger, one Arsene Wenger :barscarf:

seriously though....I am going because I think that Wenger needs to be hounded out, and I think that the more pressure that can be put on him the better.
I am going to hold my hands up and say that I was WRONG about season ticket holders not renewing. It has finally dawned on me that the club actually want this to happen, and so they are replaced by plastic robots who will spend lots on merchandise and food.

the club actually won't mind if people stay away on Thursday, after all the tickets have been paid for.
what they don't want is any dissent in the ground. that will generate FAR MORE negative headlines for the club, than a few empty seats.
so actually I would urge anyone without a ticket for Thursday to go and get one. The remaining season ticket holders who have really had enough need all the help they can get!

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Oh another game, who cares?

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Isnt Wenger fed up? Isnt he tired of this sh.. as much as we are?

Ferguson was at Augusta last week watching the Masters. He went to the Oscars before that, and the Kentucky Derby, Royal Ascot and the Melbourne Cup - big fan of horse racing.

Doesnt Wenger have any hobbies and interests? Instead of living in this culture of misery and defeat.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Is this game on SKY or BT?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Wilson wrote:Isnt Wenger fed up? Isnt he tired of this sh.. as much as we are?

Ferguson was at Augusta last week watching the Masters. He went to the Oscars before that, and the Kentucky Derby, Royal Ascot and the Melbourne Cup - big fan of horse racing.

Doesnt Wenger have any hobbies and interests? Instead of living in this culture of misery and defeat.
Wenger in his own deluded mind sees himself heroically leading Arsenal into the Champions League on a limited budget.
he sees himself as one of the elite managers in the world, and after being at the top of world football for 20 years he thinks that he is beyond criticism. He has beaten the probable league champions home and away this season, as well as beating the possible CL winners. He will be milking these victories as much as he can between now and the end of the season...

amazonas

Post by amazonas »

I reckon we will show mental purity sufficient for a draw.

If WBA doesnt show up maybe a 1-goal victory and then we would be back on the right track :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

armchair wrote:Is this game on SKY or BT?
Sky.